Groups

monitor for gaming?

looking for a monitor up to £150, not sure about the importance of hz and IPS, any help would be appreciated

11 Comments

ebuyer.com/725…8hr

got for my son for crimbo has vesa holes too or 27" £164

medion.com/gb/…tml did originally have this on a black friday deal £119 but falsely stated it had vesa 100 by 100 when it didnt
    Edited by: "DIVA1977" 8th Dec 2016

Not sure how confident you are with buying from abroad but I picked up a beauty from Korea on eBay around 2.5 years ago. I still run it to this day and play many games. The refresh rate/response time has never been an issue. Not even sure what it is, but I kick ass on Overwatch so can't be too bad.

27" 1440p pixel perfect IPS for £220... Crossover something or other. Arrived in 3 days, I was absolutely gobsmacked. Some real bargains on there.

I think they even sell 4K models now.

delboyd

Not sure how confident you are with buying from abroad but I picked up a … Not sure how confident you are with buying from abroad but I picked up a beauty from Korea on eBay around 2.5 years ago. I still run it to this day and play many games. The refresh rate/response time has never been an issue. Not even sure what it is, but I kick ass on Overwatch so can't be too bad.27" 1440p pixel perfect IPS for £220... Crossover something or other. Arrived in 3 days, I was absolutely gobsmacked. Some real bargains on there. I think they even sell 4K models now.

I think it might be the Qnix one I've been looking at. How does the color quality and overall quality compare to a very good 1080p IPS panel?? as I'm still running one and thinking of upgrading.

hamzahuk

I think it might be the Qnix one I've been looking at. How does the color … I think it might be the Qnix one I've been looking at. How does the color quality and overall quality compare to a very good 1080p IPS panel?? as I'm still running one and thinking of upgrading.

​Colours look the same as my previous display, can't deny that. Overall quality was a real step up. 1080p to 1440p was fantastic, especially in games where devs have put real effort into textures. Battlefield 1 looks dreamy, can't imagine what it looks like in 4K!

I spent a fair bit of time with colour calibration as the panel always seemed on the warm side, but now that I look back at my old display I realise it was just extremely cold.

Highly recommended!

What sort of gaming? Console or PC? Fast, competitive games where clarity is important or more relaxed games where general image quality is more important?

Nobody on here seems to know about the qnix qx2710 but its a great 27" 1440p IPS monitor that supports overclocking up to 96hz. Brilliant samsung panel in it that looks brilliant for gaming

Original Poster

EndlessWaves

What sort of gaming? Console or PC? Fast, competitive games where clarity … What sort of gaming? Console or PC? Fast, competitive games where clarity is important or more relaxed games where general image quality is more important?

​pc 1060 6gb graphics card

i brought a 32inch samsung tv 1080p for £25 that needed a new psu, £10 later and 10 mins of my time

dcnufc09

​pc 1060 6gb graphics card

The main interesting technology for PC gaming at £150 is variable refresh rate (Freesync). Unfortunately it's only currently supported by AMD cards at that price, nVidia insists monitors use their own hardware for it and the cheapest ones that do are £275+

Assuming the monitor will be kept for longer than the card then it's worth considering for future use though. Something like the Acer G2460VQ6 is a popular and well reviewed model at that price.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions