Groups

Monitor or television? Advice please...

Hi folks,

I've currently got a Belinea 22" 1680x1050 monitor which I'm fairly happy with. However it's VGA only and I'd like to get a new screen to go with it.

I'm having a hard time deciding between:

hotukdeals.com/ite…h-h?

This looks to be good value for money - it's a 24" 1080p monitor with VGA, DVI and HDMI inputs, all for £150. I almost bought this... then I saw:

ebuyer.com/pro…ews which looks good and is less than £110!

At the higher end of the scale is this Samsung:

ebuyer.com/pro…970

Biggest difference is the resolution - 1920x1200. It's £200, so a bit pricier than the other 2. I was wondering if it was worth the extra money?

And that got me thinking... if I was to pay £200 for a monitor, might it not be worth the extra cash to buy a 1080p television instead? Something like a 32" IPS-based television might be the best bet, as the colours seem a lot accurate and richer with IPS.

I'm now completely stumped. Would value suggestions from people.

I would like something with decent colour reproduction as I do the odd bit of photography here and there. I've looked at IPS-based monitors but they tend to be 1680x1050 res unless you spend a lot more money.

Budget-wise I'm flexible. I obviously love a bargain, but value for money doesn't have to mean cheap. The £110 monitor looks impressive for the cash though!

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3966
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions