Monitor or tv for PS4 pro?

Posted 26th Dec 2019
Hi everyone, says it all in the title really but what’s people’s opinions on wether to buy or a TV or a monitor for my new PS4 pro... thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

19 Comments
I think a tv if it’s one or the other
What size screen were you thinking of?
Personally, I prefer sitting at a desk when gaming.

So a 4K monitor is my recommendation.

If you prefer sitting on sofa or bed, then a TV.

If you're looking for a monitor reccomendation: novatech.co.uk/pro…tml
ArcAndPie26/12/2019 14:30

Personally, I prefer sitting at a desk when gaming.So a 4K monitor is my …Personally, I prefer sitting at a desk when gaming.So a 4K monitor is my recommendation.If you prefer sitting on sofa or bed, then a TV.If you're looking for a monitor reccomendation: https://www.novatech.co.uk/products/lg-27ul600-w-27-inch-class-4k-uhd-ips-led-monitor-with-vesa-displayhdr-400/27ul600-w.html

No I’ll be sat at my desk with my gaming pc and PS4 pro... I have 27inch 144hz 1ms curved monitor for my pc already but wanted a second screen for PS4
ArcAndPie26/12/2019 14:30

Personally, I prefer sitting at a desk when gaming.So a 4K monitor is my …Personally, I prefer sitting at a desk when gaming.So a 4K monitor is my recommendation.If you prefer sitting on sofa or bed, then a TV.If you're looking for a monitor reccomendation: https://www.novatech.co.uk/products/lg-27ul600-w-27-inch-class-4k-uhd-ips-led-monitor-with-vesa-displayhdr-400/27ul600-w.html

I like the look of that! 4K too
Pipey8426/12/2019 15:07

I like the look of that! 4K too

Yes I use it for my Ps4 Pro and Xbox one X.

Very good build and quality. Although it has HDR, I personally didn't like it and felt it made games look too vibrant so I have it turned off.

But it is a fantastic monitor in general.
ArcAndPie26/12/2019 15:37

Yes I use it for my Ps4 Pro and Xbox one X.Very good build and quality. …Yes I use it for my Ps4 Pro and Xbox one X.Very good build and quality. Although it has HDR, I personally didn't like it and felt it made games look too vibrant so I have it turned off.But it is a fantastic monitor in general.

What about speakers mate?
Pipey8426/12/2019 15:40

What about speakers mate?

I don't think it has speakers.. could be wrong, but I use headphones when gaming anyway.
I recommend a monitor over a tv for gaming as it’s better refresh rate and you can sit closer than a tv
Arto26/12/2019 17:02

I recommend a monitor over a tv for gaming as it’s better refresh rate and …I recommend a monitor over a tv for gaming as it’s better refresh rate and you can sit closer than a tv

Yeah I’m gonna go monitor I think... dual monitor one for pc and one for PS4
I dual monitor for PC and TV for PS4. Separate rooms though. My PS4 connects to my Plex server and Netflix etc. so it's handy watching on the big TV. I also prefer sitting closer for PC gaming as some UI's can be difficult to navigate on TV. RPG's especially (Inventories etc.). Depends on what games you play I suppose.
Arto26/12/2019 17:02

I recommend a monitor over a tv for gaming as it’s better refresh rate and …I recommend a monitor over a tv for gaming as it’s better refresh rate and you can sit closer than a tv

A PS Pro has maximum 60fps and you can sit just as close to a 32" 4K TV as a 32"4K monitor. Unless your in to competitive FPS gaming (input lag crucial) then a TV will be perfectly fine.
Depends how close you will be sitting away from the screen. For casual gaming a tv is good, but the drawbacks are higher input lag. A monitor will have less input lag but a smaller screen.
AdventureDeals27/12/2019 20:31

Depends how close you will be sitting away from the screen. For casual …Depends how close you will be sitting away from the screen. For casual gaming a tv is good, but the drawbacks are higher input lag. A monitor will have less input lag but a smaller screen.

Not really you can get 55” monitors with lower input lag
Arto27/12/2019 20:39

Not really you can get 55” monitors with lower input lag

Yes but a 55 inch monitor is a lot more expensive than a 55 inch TV. For most use cases this is the trade off.
AdventureDeals27/12/2019 20:45

Yes but a 55 inch monitor is a lot more expensive than a 55 inch TV. For …Yes but a 55 inch monitor is a lot more expensive than a 55 inch TV. For most use cases this is the trade off.

But if it’s for gaming then it’s worth the extra if you want it that size as a tv if that size will have a massive input lag unless you pay over £1000 for an LG OLED with a fast response
Arto27/12/2019 20:46

But if it’s for gaming then it’s worth the extra if you want it that size a …But if it’s for gaming then it’s worth the extra if you want it that size as a tv if that size will have a massive input lag unless you pay over £1000 for an LG OLED with a fast response

Arto27/12/2019 20:46

But if it’s for gaming then it’s worth the extra if you want it that size a …But if it’s for gaming then it’s worth the extra if you want it that size as a tv if that size will have a massive input lag unless you pay over £1000 for an LG OLED with a fast response

Do you know how much a 55 inch monitor costs? you can pick up a 55inch TV for about £400 but a 55 inch monitor will cost around double that cost. Do some research
AdventureDeals27/12/2019 20:49

Do you know how much a 55 inch monitor costs? you can pick up a 55inch TV …Do you know how much a 55 inch monitor costs? you can pick up a 55inch TV for about £400 but a 55 inch monitor will cost around double that cost. Do some research

You can get a 49” for £400
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions