Monitor / Tv for Xbox Pro Gaming

6 replies
Found 6th Jan
HDUK, I've been looking for some time now and after reading so much knowledge, waffle and experiences I am now unsure.

I have been into gaming for some time, mainly FPS games on Xbox ONE. I have been playing on a bush tv with an average display. This is simply not good enough.

I've seen people say get a monitor with the lowest ms? Then people have told me to buy a tv with the lowest input lag.

Are these the same thing? I have the headset and what not so audio is no problem.

At the moment I only have up to £200 to spend so if anybody has any good links please put them here.
Thanks

6 Comments

Stokey90

I've seen people say get a monitor with the lowest ms? Then people have … I've seen people say get a monitor with the lowest ms? Then people have told me to buy a tv with the lowest input lag.

ms is milliseconds. Input lag is certainly measure in milliseconds but so are other things like the pixel response time (which is one of the factors that determines how much ghosting you get around movement).

Be aware that manufacturer advertised figures are often not very accurate (especially pixel response times) so if it's something that matters to you then go by test results.

Stokey90

I have been playing on a bush tv with an average display. This is simply … I have been playing on a bush tv with an average display. This is simply not good enough.

It would help if you could describe what you dislike most about your current picture.

You would be looking at a monitor for that budget, something like this for example

saverstore.com/pro…er=

If you ever plan to do any PC gaming, then look for something with 144Hz, the one above is only 60hz

The BenQ 2455HM (24") / 2755HM (27") were the monitor of choice for this purpose although they have recently released a newer version of this monitor called the Zowie 2455HM / 2755HM, I have to confess to being unsure if the newer is better, as it is not always the case.

Original Poster

EndlessWaves... its an old 39" LCD TV with poor contrast / darks. Its around 7 years old now.
Thank you for clearing that up though.

Punish3r thanks for that I will see if I can get it somewhere somewhat cheaper.

Dozstanford thanks I will go and look at that now.

Original Poster

dozstanford

The BenQ 2455HM (24") / 2755HM (27") were the monitor of choice for this … The BenQ 2455HM (24") / 2755HM (27") were the monitor of choice for this purpose although they have recently released a newer version of this monitor called the Zowie 2455HM / 2755HM, I have to confess to being unsure if the newer is better, as it is not always the case.

box.co.uk/ZOW…MEQ

Do you know what the differences are with the original Benq? Seems way more cheaper.

Stokey90

EndlessWaves... its an old 39" LCD TV with poor contrast / darks.

Details in the blacks is a function of how much care the manufacturers have taken, it's not something reflected in the specs. You'll have to read reviews or buy one in store to get good performance there.

In terms of black brightness you want to be looking for a screen with a VA type LCD matrix. That's not particularly common among monitors and I'm not sure what small TVs use so it should help narrow down your choices considerably.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition65706
    2. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …43
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43
    4. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers44

See more discussions