Monitoring a child's Tik-Tok usage.

Posted 14th Jun
Serious question...I have an 11 year old granddaughter with learning difficulties who likes watching Tik-Tok. My daughter and I are worried about what she may come across/ who she's in contact with. She is quite mature in some things, but very childish in other things. She does have the physical maturity of an 18 year old, which is somewhat worrying. Hence our concerns.

I remember there was an app to mirror what the target phone was doing, but I can't remember what it is. Can anyone tell me or suggest something better please? Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
You’re supposed to be 13 to be on Tik Tok so really you can give yourself another 2 years without this worry.
9 Comments
The problem is that Tiktok unapologetically does have adult content on there - (or at least certainly adult to an 11 year old) it’s hard to police generally.
That said I have seen some additional features in settings that allow you to adjust settings so that only clean videos are shown, I think it even stops the ability comment on content too (so avoids chatting to strangers!) I’ll see if I can find it and screenshot where it is! (Assuming I didn’t just imagine it exists)
You’re supposed to be 13 to be on Tik Tok so really you can give yourself another 2 years without this worry.
Nat_urally14/06/2020 18:30

The problem is that Tiktok unapologetically does have adult content on …The problem is that Tiktok unapologetically does have adult content on there - (or at least certainly adult to an 11 year old) it’s hard to police generally.That said I have seen some additional features in settings that allow you to adjust settings so that only clean videos are shown, I think it even stops the ability comment on content too (so avoids chatting to strangers!) I’ll see if I can find it and screenshot where it is! (Assuming I didn’t just imagine it exists)

Brilliant, thanks. Want to do it when she's asleep. Don't want to knock her confidence
Oh this is new! And looks to be exactly what you’re after google.co.uk/amp…mp/
Nat_urally14/06/2020 18:35

Oh this is new! And looks to be exactly what you’re after h …Oh this is new! And looks to be exactly what you’re after https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.howtogeek.com/658361/how-to-use-tiktoks-parental-controls/amp/

Absolutely brilliant. Thank you. Exactly what's needed.
Set it up with your email and sign in to your device and theirs that way you are able to monitor
That tiktok parent thing is cool but you should definitely install some app that gives you a mirror or something of their phone in general as it would be super easy to create a second tiktok account or use another app for communicating.
My daughter is 10 and has an account , she loves the dances !

She ask me every time she adds a friend from
Her class , she can only friends she knows from school , I share the login and have the app on my phone and check it daily !

The account is private also
Just download the app on your phone and log on with their log in details. You can then have full access to their account and get notifications as they do.
Post a comment
@
    Text