Monitors 4k

Found 28th Dec 2017
Hi I have a hd monitor for a long time 24 inch and I like the idea of of 4k but is there any point going 4k as I don't like any monitor bigger then 24 inch thanks

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
25 Comments

You can get 24 or 21 inch 4K monitors. You don’t have to increase the size of the monitor...

Original Poster

mds12565 m ago

You can get 24 or 21 inch 4K monitors. You don’t have to increase the size …You can get 24 or 21 inch 4K monitors. You don’t have to increase the size of the monitor...

Yeah I know but a 24 inch hd screen and 24 4k screen I doubt there much difference considering the size 24 inch

Splice5 m ago

Yeah I know but a 24 inch hd screen and 24 4k screen I doubt there much …Yeah I know but a 24 inch hd screen and 24 4k screen I doubt there much difference considering the size 24 inch

Huge difference, more pixels in the same area so sharper image. Have you seen a decent 4K screen

3840x2160 is the ideal resolution for a circa 23" HiDPI monitor as it's double 1920x1080 so you can use 2x scaling to minimise the blurriness in programs that can't take advantage of the extra pixels.
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 28th Dec 2017

Original Poster

mds125623 m ago

Huge difference, more pixels in the same area so sharper image. Have you …Huge difference, more pixels in the same area so sharper image. Have you seen a decent 4K screen

Not really in person so a ps4 pro would look a lot better on a 24 inch 4k noticeable?

Original Poster

EndlessWaves23 m ago

3840x2160 is the ideal resolution for a circa 23" HiDPI monitor as it's …3840x2160 is the ideal resolution for a circa 23" HiDPI monitor as it's double 1920x1080 so you can use 2x scaling to minimise the blurriness in programs that can't take advantage of the extra pixels.

With game consoles?

Splice30 m ago

Not really in person so a ps4 pro would look a lot better on a 24 inch 4k …Not really in person so a ps4 pro would look a lot better on a 24 inch 4k noticeable?

Compared to 1080 yes it would look sharper

Original Poster

mds12564 m ago

Compared to 1080 yes it would look sharper

Ok but I don't see many 24 inch monitors but There 27 28 everywhere

Splice7 m ago

Ok but I don't see many 24 inch monitors but There 27 28 everywhere

A quick google search brings up at least 15x 24 inch monitors.

Original Poster

mds12564 m ago

A quick google search brings up at least 15x 24 inch monitors.

There is only 1 on my Google 24 inch LG 4k but 30 Herts refresh rate lol 60 is minimum for gameing

Splice8 m ago

There is only 1 on my Google 24 inch LG 4k but 30 Herts refresh rate lol …There is only 1 on my Google 24 inch LG 4k but 30 Herts refresh rate lol 60 is minimum for gameing

Now your requirements are going up. Many people will use a decent tv for a PS4 pro rather than a monitor.

Original Poster

mds12563 m ago

Now your requirements are going up. Many people will use a decent tv for a …Now your requirements are going up. Many people will use a decent tv for a PS4 pro rather than a monitor.

Yeah that's what I thourt I might just sell my pro and possibly get the slim and keep gaming on my 24 inch monitor maybe a year or too I can think about it as technology progresses since 4k and hdr is relatively new technology

Original Poster

Splice10 m ago

Yeah that's what I thourt I might just sell my pro and possibly get the …Yeah that's what I thourt I might just sell my pro and possibly get the slim and keep gaming on my 24 inch monitor maybe a year or too I can think about it as technology progresses since 4k and hdr is relatively new technology

I just prefer 24 it's comfortable viewing and fast response I think most gamers do prefer higher refresh rate over resolution, thanks you got me thinking a lot dude

Splice1 m ago

I just prefer 24 it's comfortable viewing and fast response I think most …I just prefer 24 it's comfortable viewing and fast response I think most gamers do prefer higher refresh rate over resolution, thanks you got me thinking a lot dude

No problem

Splice2 h, 8 m ago

There is only 1 on my Google 24 inch LG 4k but 30 Herts refresh rate lol …There is only 1 on my Google 24 inch LG 4k but 30 Herts refresh rate lol 60 is minimum for gameing

There were only a couple of early models restricted to 30hz, I'd be surprised if it was still on sale.

I know the LG 24UD58 and Dell P2415Q both meet your criteria.

How much benefit you'd get from a higher resolution depends on the game, but as console games often to run at non-native resolution anyway you probably won't lose anything even on those that don't benefit.

As far as I'm aware the PS4 or PS4 Pro don't support high refresh rates, they max out at 60hz.
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 28th Dec 2017

Original Poster

EndlessWaves2 h, 3 m ago

There were only a couple of early models restricted to 30hz, I'd be …There were only a couple of early models restricted to 30hz, I'd be surprised if it was still on sale.I know the LG 24UD58 and Dell P2415Q both meet your criteria.How much benefit you'd get from a higher resolution depends on the game, but as console games often to run at non-native resolution anyway you probably won't lose anything even on those that don't benefit.As far as I'm aware the PS4 or PS4 Pro don't support high refresh rates, they max out at 60hz.

Thanks great advice would that LG be a huge advantage over hd with a pro? Also I use Xbox one but it only has 1 HDMI slot;( would a HDMI splitter work ? Could lose quility?

Original Poster

Splice1 m ago

Thanks great advice would that LG be a huge advantage over hd with a pro? …Thanks great advice would that LG be a huge advantage over hd with a pro? Also I use Xbox one but it only has 1 HDMI slot;( would a HDMI splitter work ? Could lose quility?

The monitor only has 1 HDMI slot I mean 😃

HDMI splitters duplicate one signal, for switching between two signals you'd need a switch.

Original Poster

EndlessWaves4 h, 54 m ago

HDMI splitters duplicate one signal, for switching between two signals …HDMI splitters duplicate one signal, for switching between two signals you'd need a switch.

Nup I did some browsing there are automatic ones that detect which one is on

Original Poster

Splice5 m ago

Nup I did some browsing there are automatic ones that detect which one is …Nup I did some browsing there are automatic ones that detect which one is on

1080 60 Herts is what ive used for a long time that LG you showed me I may get it for my pro 4k 60 Herts do i have anything to lose? Hopefully the pro will look better graphics and I'll get a HDMI splitter because I need 2 ports HDMI

Splice6 h, 42 m ago

Nup I did some browsing there are automatic ones that detect which one is …Nup I did some browsing there are automatic ones that detect which one is on

That may detect which screen is plugged in, but a splitter is still fundamentally one device to two screens and won't work for what you want.

Of course if you've been browsing on ebay, amazon marketplace or the like you may have seen some switches labelled as splitters (and probably several other things beside) by sellers keen to have their product show up in search results but that's not what they're usually called.

Original Poster

EndlessWaves22 m ago

That may detect which screen is plugged in, but a splitter is still …That may detect which screen is plugged in, but a splitter is still fundamentally one device to two screens and won't work for what you want.Of course if you've been browsing on ebay, amazon marketplace or the like you may have seen some switches labelled as splitters (and probably several other things beside) by sellers keen to have their product show up in search results but that's not what they're usually called.

Huh lol the monitor has 1 HDMI port so you just plug it in the back and now you have 5 HDMI ports here a example of one

m.ebay.co.uk/itm…157

Original Poster

EndlessWaves25 m ago

That may detect which screen is plugged in, but a splitter is still …That may detect which screen is plugged in, but a splitter is still fundamentally one device to two screens and won't work for what you want.Of course if you've been browsing on ebay, amazon marketplace or the like you may have seen some switches labelled as splitters (and probably several other things beside) by sellers keen to have their product show up in search results but that's not what they're usually called.

LG 24ud58 is a monitor I'm interested in but I can't find if it supports 4k 60 Herts throghe HDMI I think if it does will be a lot better then the 1080 60 Herts help?

Splice37 m ago

Huh lol the monitor has 1 HDMI port so you just plug it in the back and …Huh lol the monitor has 1 HDMI port so you just plug it in the back and now you have 5 HDMI ports here a example of one https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/4K-60Hz-UHD-4-Port-HDR-HDMI-Switcher-4x1-HDMI-2-0-Switch-Splitter-HDCP-2-2-1080p/173042311511?hash=item284a202157

Yup, that's what would normally be called a Switch and you'll only find it labelled a splitter on places like ebay. If you go to somewhere more reputable like Maplin then all the splitters are for one source device to multiple screens:
Splitters: maplin.co.uk/c/a…ers
Switches: maplin.co.uk/c/a…hes

Splice33 m ago

LG 24ud58 is a monitor I'm interested in but I can't find if it supports …LG 24ud58 is a monitor I'm interested in but I can't find if it supports 4k 60 Herts throghe HDMI I think if it does will be a lot better then the 1080 60 Herts help?

60hz is the standard refresh rate for monitors, so if it says nothing otherwise you can assume it supports that.

In this case it explicitly says so on the LG website:
lg.com/uk/…8-B
PC (HDMI)3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz
PC (DP)3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz
Video (HDMI)3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz (Ver 2.0)

Original Poster

EndlessWaves20 m ago

Yup, that's what would normally be called a Switch and you'll only find it …Yup, that's what would normally be called a Switch and you'll only find it labelled a splitter on places like ebay. If you go to somewhere more reputable like Maplin then all the splitters are for one source device to multiple screens:Splitters: https://www.maplin.co.uk/c/audio-entertainment/av-cables-connectors/splittersSwitches: https://www.maplin.co.uk/c/audio-entertainment/av-cables-connectors/av-switches60hz is the standard refresh rate for monitors, so if it says nothing otherwise you can assume it supports that.In this case it explicitly says so on the LG website:http://www.lg.com/uk/monitors/lg-24UD58-BPC (HDMI)3840 x 2160 @ 60HzPC (DP)3840 x 2160 @ 60HzVideo (HDMI)3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz (Ver 2.0)

Ohhh so it does thankyou and it also says 2 hdmi ports i think ill make the jump to 4k , ps4 pro is 60hz max I think anyway
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions