Monster hdmi fault

Found 21st Jan
Just a quick question. My monster hdmi cable has failed. Keep getting a check cable warning on TV so I swapped it for a spare I had.. Got several spares bought from pound shops and diy stores.... Anyway.. This monster cable that I foolishly bought in 2011... Bin it or try and return (although I don't think it's worth the hassle) Just a little annoyed about it so what is the opinions here.. Bin it I guess? Bought from comet electrical... Remember them!
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments
Try to return it as it was a premium product and unless you've damaged it through miss use I would ask for an exchange.

33109244-hWsCb.jpgmonsterproducts.com/sup…ise
Original Poster
kester7612 m ago

Try to return it as it was a premium product and unless you've damaged it …Try to return it as it was a premium product and unless you've damaged it through miss use I would ask for an exchange.[Image] https://www.monsterproducts.com/support/learning-center/hdmi/monster-cable-for-life-performance-promise

Yeah.. I found that site but it's America! There is an EU site to but not sure what postage I'll have to pay and they may say send to USA... Am I throwing good money after bad? Probably.. Just wanted opinions..
wayners5 m ago

Yeah.. I found that site but it's America! There is an EU site to but not …Yeah.. I found that site but it's America! There is an EU site to but not sure what postage I'll have to pay and they may say send to USA... Am I throwing good money after bad? Probably.. Just wanted opinions..

I'd chance it, I gave up on two corsair psu worth £100 because I couldn't be bothered to rma them.
I was told no hdmi cable is better than another as long as the digital 0 and 1 s get to the tv there is no difference? Can you see a difference in your monster and you Poundland ?
OoEliteoO52 m ago

I was told no hdmi cable is better than another as long as the digital 0 …I was told no hdmi cable is better than another as long as the digital 0 and 1 s get to the tv there is no difference? Can you see a difference in your monster and you Poundland ?

It depends which font the 0s and 1s use, if they use courier they can produce quite a blocky image compared to something like arial.
should have known not to ask a sensible question espionage on here lol
" on here " dam spell check
Where the hell did " espionage " come from 🤣 🤣
OoEliteoO2 h, 4 m ago

I was told no hdmi cable is better than another as long as the digital 0 …I was told no hdmi cable is better than another as long as the digital 0 and 1 s get to the tv there is no difference? Can you see a difference in your monster and you Poundland ?

The main problem is ensuring that the 0 and 1s can get there under less ideal instances. The signals can degrade due to increased resistance and outside interference. Even damp environments can cause problems with badly sealed cables. Monster cables are pretty much over engineered and should cope better with wear and tear and have less signal loss.

Over short distances this shouldn't be much of a problem due to TMDS . At higher speeds over longer distances this becomes more of a problem with the cheaper cables. They don't improve/enhance the signal but should prevent signal loss over a long distance.

Do I think monster cables are worth the extra I would say not unless you're in an environment where you need the extra protection. It annoys the hell out of me that the same people come out with this crap also believe studio grade speaker cables and interconnects improve the sound but don't realise that studio grade means that the product is synonymous with monster cables where they're just improved against harsher environments.

Most people unplug their cables approximately every 3 or 4 years and not 10 times a day. They don't roughly wind them up and leave them in the back of a damp van but will dump large amounts of money on a cable that looks a bit more fancy.
Here's a link to a good video on the subject.

Another good one

...and another (not just limited to HDMI cables)...

Linus Sebastian's newer ("Linus Tech Tips") channel, if you like his presentation style:

[ youtube.com/cha…unw ]
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants