Groups

Monte Carlo Hotel - Las Vegas ON FIRE !!

Oooooops !!

12 Comments

its out now

no it isn't, update at 20:27

"No injuries were reported and the building was evacuated, but the fire is proving difficult to put out as firefighters have to get to the roof.

Firefighting teams are trying to determine if the flames have penetrated the interior of the top floors, which are filled with penthouse suites, or if the blaze is confined to the facade.

There are reports of debris falling from the roof. The entire Las Vegas Strip has been shut to traffic and neighbouring hotels have also been evacuated. "

omg that is awful

yup, it is out, i was watching a stream from some us news channel, the firefighters were on the roof, and there were no flames and pretty much no smoke. il post link if i find it again

And extremely expensive, closing the entire strip.

The local G.A. venue must be overwhelmed.

I hope there are no casualties.

Is any one of you actually there ?

chesso;1505266

Is any one of you actually there ?

We've got to enjoy the money we've saved off here somehow.......I'm off for a 1 dollar steak meal now...Byyyyeeee

Original Poster

Not at the mo, but have been several times....What a mess.

Banned

Why is this such big news? I watched in disbelief when this was on the 10pm news. 50 people die on a bus in India and it barely is mentioned on the BBC site yet this gets primetime.

Don't even get me started on the us elections - yawn - only another 9 months to go!

rant over!

Original Poster

csiman;1505948

Why is this such big news? I watched in disbelief when this was on the … Why is this such big news? I watched in disbelief when this was on the 10pm news. 50 people die on a bus in India and it barely is mentioned on the BBC site yet this gets primetime.Don't even get me started on the us elections - yawn - only another 9 months to go!rant over!

'50 people die on a bus in India' is not an unusual event these days to be fair ....however, a huge hotel on fire on the las vegas strip isn't a regular occurence so no disbelief from me...:)

Banned

smithyp1;1506000

'50 people die on a bus in India' is not an unusual event these days to … '50 people die on a bus in India' is not an unusual event these days to be fair ....however, a huge hotel on fire on the las vegas strip isn't a regular occurence so no disbelief from me...:)

2 floors and no major casualties.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. DICKINSONS REAL DEAL £25,000 COMPETITION12
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick1111
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 391515
      4. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card22

See more discussions