Monthly car hire help please

Found 5th Jan 2012
Morning all, due to my car being in very poor health & the fact that i will be most likely getting a new one at the end of march i am looking at hiring a vehicle for approx 1 month from end Feb ( when my tax / mot expires ). Last night i saw a rate of £308 but now can't find it . Best i have found this morning is £382 through moneysupermarket search. Does anyone have any tips or know of anywhere i can get it for about £300 for the month. Just a small car is fine by the way. Many thanks in advance.
Community Updates
MiscCarCar Hire
7 Comments
Use quidco and carrentals.co.uk and also visit the sites direct as sometimes they can have local offers on.
scrooge

Use quidco and http://www.carrentals.co.uk and also visit the sites … Use quidco and http://www.carrentals.co.uk and also visit the sites direct as sometimes they can have local offers on.

Cheers scrooge will have a look
Where do you need to pick it from?

Have you done a search on Kayak Car Hire, can find it for around £340 for March 1st til March 31st from Manchester but don't know where you're from.

kayak.co.uk/cars
This is meant to be helpful so please take it the right way.
Have you considered not using a car for a month. Consider it an opportunity to discover your local buses and community transport options, maybe to walk a bit more, maybe you could ask workmates for lifts on a repayment basis and so on.
Of course it might be totally impracticable to do this for your particular circumstances just thinking that the cost of car ownership is a millstone round peoples neck and once you have invested in one it becomes the preferred means of transport even when its not the best option for local journeys.
Happy New Year
Thanks to both above. Picking up from Peterborough & will have a look at kayak.

@ melipona. Would be a great idea but i don't just use a car for work / shopping etc & also have at least 2 hotel bookings in march that would be extremely expensive to get to without a car . The one near Ipswich is quite a distance from town centre so taxi would be only option.
melipona

This is meant to be helpful so please take it the right way. Have you … This is meant to be helpful so please take it the right way. Have you considered not using a car for a month. Consider it an opportunity to discover your local buses and community transport options, maybe to walk a bit more, maybe you could ask workmates for lifts on a repayment basis and so on.Of course it might be totally impracticable to do this for your particular circumstances just thinking that the cost of car ownership is a millstone round peoples neck and once you have invested in one it becomes the preferred means of transport even when its not the best option for local journeys.Happy New Year

Thanks again to Scrooge. Happy with the Alamo price via quidco
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants