Groups

Monty Python sketch which is your favourite

Mine has to be the lumberjack , the full length version is funny as hell with the barbar part lmao.

whats yours??:w00t:

21 Comments

The mouse organ!

The one where he goes to lean on the bar but the shelf is in the up position.
    Quality.

Im sure that is only fools and horses.

leefal

The one where he goes to lean on the bar but the shelf is in the up … The one where he goes to lean on the bar but the shelf is in the up position.Quality.

:whistling: :whistling: :w00t: :giggle:

the fish slapping dance

odriscoll

Hook....line.....and sinker.

Not "monty python" i know.....but definitely the best sketch of all time IMO.

Forkandles! ]http//ww…2VQ

You can't beat the dead parrot sketch, or The Holy Grail where they come across the french castle.

odriscoll

You actually had me thinking then.

I was going to say "what have the Romans ever given us sketch?" from "Life of Brian". But then I remembered the "Biggus Dickus" sketch from the same film - now that is class

Admin

I like the cartoon sketches that Terry Gilliam did-

http://orangecow.org/pythonet/pics/martygilliam.jpg

They were just the most random thing ever- I love the one where the old lady is patiently waiting for a bus, they keep passing her without stopping so in the end she trips one up...

Graham Chapman as Colin 'Bomber' Harris

I love the self-defence against fruit.

POIN-TED STICK?!?!

welease wodewick!!!!:)

Ahhh so many classics

[LIST]
    [*]“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!”
    [*]"I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."
    [*]“NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.”
    [*]“It was a fantastic success. Over 60 000 times more powerful than Britain’s great pre-war joke, and one which Hitler just couldn’t match.”
    [*]“And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.”
    [*]“Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help! I'm being repressed!”
    [*]"We find your American beer like making love in a canoe. It's ****ing close to water."
    [*]"All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?"
    [*]"He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!"
    [*]"Shut up, you American. You Americans, all you do is talk, and talk, and say "let me tell you something" and "I just wanna say." Well, you're dead now, so shut up."
    [*]"Ah, I see you have the machine that goes ping. This is my favorite. You see we lease it back from the company we sold it to and that way it comes under the monthly current budget and not the capital account."
    [*]"'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible! THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!"
    [*]"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night and I work all day."
    [*]"There are 47 people in this scene, all of which are not seen... would Mr. Jenkin please stand up please?"
    [/LIST]

etc. etc. etc.

"Shut up, you American. You Americans, all you do is talk, and talk, and … "Shut up, you American. You Americans, all you do is talk, and talk, and say "let me tell you something" and "I just wanna say." Well, you're dead now, so shut up."

That's a total classic combined with the bony finger point :lol:

Another good but little known one is the Albatross. Then theres the handful of gravel.....

I went to go an see SPAMALOT on Wednesday night. I'd reccommend it to ANY Python, or even non-Python, fan!! :-D

"I'd like to buy a license for my pet fish, Eric.

How'd you know my name was Eric?"

Etc etc, culminating in the "Eric the Half a Bee" song. Genius!

Difficult to choose, its hard to decide between Mr Creosote and his waffer thin mints and Child birth in the third world....Yorkshire :giggle:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …86148
      2. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2226
      3. ** Motorola Moto X Force | Owners Club **32204
      4. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043

See more discussions