Mopeds / scooters with LARGE box/pannier

Found 23rd JulEdited by:"wide"
===========
EDIT: I can see now that 99% of boxes fit universally to 99% of scooters so if I want something with more capacity, I'd have to start fabricating! (that would be fun!)
===========

Original idea was grab a 50 with a box on it and just get on with it. My driving licence covers me for that without even a CBT so happy days

BUT... I don't know recent mopeds well enough to be sure which can fit a box on the rear.

Can most/some/all mopeds fit a box?
Which would be the LARGEst one?

And how do I search gumtree for multiple terms eg (box, pannier, basket)?
^Given they seem to have all sorts of names

The older Hondas seem to be oriented towards carrying stuff - box on the back AND a basket up front... I'm seriously considering the old Honda Melody as I rode one a lot delivering pizzas years ago but they're over 30 years old now, seems like a rather BAD idea TBH!
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
have a look here
hi i have a sym fiddle 125cc 2008 still works well never failed MOT so it works for me a 50cc is a little slow i have had 1 when i started and its not great in trafic the 50 tops out max 35mph and most Car drivers just end up right behind you and its not great,a a second hand Honda or SYM or Kymo are usually good value if the mileage is good .I have been using my scooter for 10+years and a 125cc is the way to go and a CBT really helps give you the confidence to use it
Kymco ability mopeds come with a rear rack so easy to fit universal bike box.

34469361-DKpri.jpg
jasbos8 h, 34 m ago

hi i have a sym fiddle 125cc 2008 still works well never failed MOT so it …hi i have a sym fiddle 125cc 2008 still works well never failed MOT so it works for me a 50cc is a little slow i have had 1 when i started and its not great in trafic the 50 tops out max 35mph and most Car drivers just end up right behind you and its not great,a a second hand Honda or SYM or Kymo are usually good value if the mileage is good .I have been using my scooter for 10+years and a 125cc is the way to go and a CBT really helps give you the confidence to use it

Thanks to stricter EU ruling 50cc scooters are now restricted to 27mph making them even more of a pain to ride. At least a few years ago as you say could get just over 30mph so could keep up with city traffic, my previous scooters could all hit at least 33mph, most of the scooter manufacturers are now complying with the stricter EU ruling and they are 27mph even down hill, this to me makes them more of a hazard as more vehicles will be constantly wanting to overtake, but then when does the EU use common sense it it's ruling decisions, 33mph made them okay for city use, I commuted on 50cc scooters for many years but have given up now as getting them derestricted is more of a pain, not only do you need to change the rollers in the variator but you also have to put larger jets in the carburettor, plus many scooters are now also rev limited so also need new ECU components and if you do all this on a new scooter you void the warranty.
Edited by: "SOUTHWALES" 24th Jul
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants