Moral dilemma!!!?

Found 11th Jun
My 16 year old son asked me over the weekend for money to give to his 15 year old best mate so he can buy condoms. His parents are very religious and would apparantly go totally nuts if they knew he was 'getting sticky' with his girlfriend!

BUT - If he gets her preggers or comes home with some sort of pox/rot they'd probably throw him out according to my boy.

What the heck should I do pony up or stay well out of it?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
I'd advise him to go get the free ones from health clinic. He can even at 15. Stay out of it but advise
deleted1132166
Sounds like your son needed a few quid to buy a litre of diamond White cider and concocted a little story
I would suggest that you advise your son, (he could need the advice as well) on were he can get condoms from either for free (GUM Clinics/ Chemists), or cheap (Poundland).

nhs.uk/Ser…732

The positive thing out of this story is the fact your son seems comfortable enough talking to you about these things, you would be surprised how rate that is.
That old story of, 'I'm buying them for my friend', yeah right.
48 Comments
I'd advise him to go get the free ones from health clinic. He can even at 15. Stay out of it but advise
Buy a pack and leave them on the kitchen table. See if they disappear
If the situation was reversed, how would you prefer the other parent(s) to act?

Thats what to do.
deleted1315437
Apply for Jeremy Kyle Show
Yeah I wouldn't get involved especially with him being underage.
Strange though cause you can buy them from vending machines for £2-£3 surely a teenager has that.
I would suggest that you advise your son, (he could need the advice as well) on were he can get condoms from either for free (GUM Clinics/ Chemists), or cheap (Poundland).

nhs.uk/Ser…732

The positive thing out of this story is the fact your son seems comfortable enough talking to you about these things, you would be surprised how rate that is.
As already mentioned above, you can get them free, just search in your browser
wayners13 m ago

I'd advise him to go get the free ones from health clinic. He can even at …I'd advise him to go get the free ones from health clinic. He can even at 15. Stay out of it but advise

His equally religious aunt works reception at the local clinic.
andynicol13 m ago

If the situation was reversed, how would you prefer the other parent(s) to …If the situation was reversed, how would you prefer the other parent(s) to act?Thats what to do.

I'm not religious so can't really work out how they feel.
I think its good they are actually being sensible about the situation. If visiting the clinic is a problem contact a local heath visitor. Often schools have drop in centres where kids can talk to someone and get condoms.
regretful112 m ago

I would suggest that you advise your son, (he could need the advice as …I would suggest that you advise your son, (he could need the advice as well) on were he can get condoms from either for free (GUM Clinics/ Chemists), or cheap (Poundland). https://www.nhs.uk/Service-Search/Free%20condoms/LocationSearch/732The positive thing out of this story is the fact your son seems comfortable enough talking to you about these things, you would be surprised how rate that is.

My son has been asking me how to get into various girls knickers for quite some time now, thought those kind of discussions were fairly normal in this day and age.
501MHZ29 m ago

My question wasn't regarding religion, pure and simple, how would you prefer the other parents to act in this situation towards your son.
deleted1132166
Sounds like your son needed a few quid to buy a litre of diamond White cider and concocted a little story
If it was me, I would buy the condoms and give it to my son. He can then do what he wants with it, including giving it to his friend
Personally I would stay out of it, if his parents found out you supplied the cash it could appear you are condoning underage sex. It's not your place to pay anyway.
Probably best you advise his friend to stick it in a hole that doesn't result in pregnancy
501MHZ3 h, 38 m ago

My son has been asking me how to get into various girls knickers for quite …My son has been asking me how to get into various girls knickers for quite some time now, thought those kind of discussions were fairly normal in this day and age.

Wow just wow, the the Jeremy Kyle show reference might be true then. This has to be a joke thread, maybe Op left their laptop out for their son to use.
501MHZ3 h, 40 m ago

Edited by: "eslick" 11th Jun
tell the friend to get a paper round and save up but as others have said he is underage so I'd keep out of it.
I'd drive him to the health centre and tell him to ask for himself if he thinks he' s old enough to use them. I'd be inclined to take them both as a lesson in life.
That old story of, 'I'm buying them for my friend', yeah right.
I would get a large supply from amazon and keep them in a tub somewhere and offer a few to your son and let him see where they are stored and then watch them disappear.

If anything gets said he’s stealing your condoms, not your fault.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 11th Jun
If this lad and his girlfriend have discussed taking things further, then I can’t see why she can’t buy them.
Tell your son to stay out of it and if they think they’re old enough and responsible enough to start having sex then they’re old enough to sort out their contraception method on their own.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 11th Jun
->parents claim to be very religious
<-allow their son to have a girlfriend

But they don't want them to have sex so it's all ok.
Clingfilm.... widely available
Let your son have access to the love gloves. If he uses them or some one else does, it’s all for the best.
Contraception is freely available to kids underage, including the pill. While there is a law, many of them flout it. I’d much rather I knew my kids would talk to me about it and be sensible than to keep it all hidden and get knob rot or nappy duties.
deleted568030
501MHZ6 h, 37 m ago

His equally religious aunt works reception at the local clinic.

Ok, but she'll be prevented from telling his parents, and as she actually works there she can't be against contraception or promoting safe sex. If he's too embarrassed to get free condoms then he's to immature to be having (underage) sex.
I don’t understand why people on here thinks it’s the boy’s responsibility.
In this day and age girls should be equally responsible, the girl could go to the clinic and get some, also no dispute then if it was consensual or not, especially if they’re both underage.
deleted568030
Toptrumpet44 m ago

I don’t understand why people on here thinks it’s the boy’s respo …I don’t understand why people on here thinks it’s the boy’s responsibility. In this day and age girls should be equally responsible, the girl could go to the clinic and get some, also no dispute then if it was consensual or not, especially if they’re both underage.

Yep, but even if she uses contraception his use of condoms is sensible, not only extra protection contraception wise but also protection against STIs.
deleted568030
MadeDixonsCry17 m ago

Idiot...

Thanks for your considered input.

If two 15 or 16 year olds are going to have sex then isn't it better for each of them to use contraception rather than just one of them? This is, presumably a new, scary situation for both of them and accidents happen all too often, better they both take precautions than rely on just one.
Edited by: "deleted568030" 11th Jun
deleted56803011th Jun

Thanks for your considered input. If two 15 or 16 year olds are going to …Thanks for your considered input. If two 15 or 16 year olds are going to have sex then isn't it better for each of them to use contraception rather than just one of them? This is, presumably a new, scary situation for both of them and accidents happen all too often, better they both take precautions than rely on just one.

Read the message you quoted again, slowly, then read your response.
MadeDixonsCry11th Jun

Comment deleted

MadeDixonsCry11th Jun

Read the message you quoted again, slowly, then read your response.

Well I’m with @booky on this one, I’ve told my 15year old son and daughter never to rely on their
partner when it comes to having sex and contraception, they have to take responsibility for their own actions and protect themselves. The Implementation of double contraception against pregnancy and STI’s should be widely promoted.
eslick15 h, 10 m ago

Wow just wow, the the Jeremy Kyle show reference might be true then. This …Wow just wow, the the Jeremy Kyle show reference might be true then. This has to be a joke thread, maybe Op left their laptop out for their son to use.

Wow just wow yourself, teenagers have sex, how surprising! I had slept with several girls by the time I was 17 & that was well over 30 years ago.

This isn't the Victorian era dearest, why shouldn't I advise my son on how get a pretty girlfriend at least he'll know all the ins and outs of what he's doing!
501MHZ17 m ago

Wow just wow yourself, teenagers have sex, how surprising! I had slept …Wow just wow yourself, teenagers have sex, how surprising! I had slept with several girls by the time I was 17 & that was well over 30 years ago. This isn't the Victorian era dearest, why shouldn't I advise my son on how get a pretty girlfriend at least he'll know all the ins and outs of what he's doing!

All for being open and honest and just because you did it doesn’t make something right at a young age.

Religion has nothing to do with it. My wow comment was on “how to get into a girls knickers” that’s a great way of teaching your son how to respect women. Guess you don’t have a daughter or you might have a different perspective.

And less of the dearest, I am a man, I am probably your age with a daughter your sons age and a younger son, we talk openly about sex with our to but we also talk about respect.

You you do come across like a episode of the Kyle show
eslick2 h, 6 m ago

All for being open and honest and just because you did it doesn’t make s …All for being open and honest and just because you did it doesn’t make something right at a young age. Religion has nothing to do with it. My wow comment was on “how to get into a girls knickers” that’s a great way of teaching your son how to respect women. Guess you don’t have a daughter or you might have a different perspective. And less of the dearest, I am a man, I am probably your age with a daughter your sons age and a younger son, we talk openly about sex with our to but we also talk about respect. You you do come across like a episode of the Kyle show

Thats your opinion and I'm absolutely fine with that, you do mention Jeremy Kyle a lot so I guess you're a fan

I did not mention religion in this context. I also have a daughter & if she wants the same advice I'll help her too, so whats the problem? A penis is not a murder weapon!

And please explain how wanting to have sex with a pretty girl is disrespecting her? (I'm sure you cant).

A bit too much postmodern feminism going on for my taste, I'd rather have a strong self reliant daughter who can make her own informed life choices around how many men she sleeps with, not a half grown up girl-child scared of willies for the rest of her life.
Edited by: "501MHZ" 12th Jun
Toptrumpet1 h, 23 m ago

Well I’m with @booky on this one, I’ve told my 15year old son and daughter …Well I’m with @booky on this one, I’ve told my 15year old son and daughter never to rely on theirpartner when it comes to having sex and contraception, they have to take responsibility for their own actions and protect themselves. The Implementation of double contraception against pregnancy and STI’s should be widely promoted.

Your comprehension skills are lacking too, then. No wonder our exams are made harder.
@MadeDixonsCry
MadeDixonsCry12th Jun

Your comprehension skills are lacking too, then. No wonder our exams are …Your comprehension skills are lacking too, then. No wonder our exams are made harder.

OUCH!
( @booky , if only they knew )
501MHZ2 h, 20 m ago

Thats your opinion and I'm absolutely fine with that, you do mention …Thats your opinion and I'm absolutely fine with that, you do mention Jeremy Kyle a lot so I guess you're a fan I did not mention religion in this context. I also have a daughter & if she wants the same advice I'll help her too, so whats the problem? A penis is not a murder weapon! And please explain how wanting to have sex with a pretty girl is disrespecting her? (I'm sure you cant).A bit too much postmodern feminism going on for my taste, I'd rather have a strong self reliant daughter who can make her own informed life choices around how many men she sleeps with, not a half grown up girl-child scared of willies for the rest of her life.

You do know you don’t have to watch the show to know it’s the uk byword for.....well let you answer that.

Sex is something special, kids need to know that, yes it can be just sex but saying just to get into her knickers is not a respectful thing to say and you should be teaching your kids better than that and yes that’s my opinion but one shared by most.

You obviously don’t read the news, the world has changed recently, if you have missed it you must have been under a rock. Girls are more likely to say no than in your day they expect respect which is only a good thing and recent surveys suggested kids are waiting now. But you will always have the ones that hag about on both sides and it’s nothibg about being scared of it it’s just the way it is.

But hey what do I know I didn’t need advice on giving someone else’s kid condoms.
eslick8 h, 25 m ago

You do know you don’t have to watch the show to know it’s the uk byword for …You do know you don’t have to watch the show to know it’s the uk byword for.....well let you answer that. Sex is something special, kids need to know that, yes it can be just sex but saying just to get into her knickers is not a respectful thing to say and you should be teaching your kids better than that and yes that’s my opinion but one shared by most. You obviously don’t read the news, the world has changed recently, if you have missed it you must have been under a rock. Girls are more likely to say no than in your day they expect respect which is only a good thing and recent surveys suggested kids are waiting now. But you will always have the ones that hag about on both sides and it’s nothibg about being scared of it it’s just the way it is. But hey what do I know I didn’t need advice on giving someone else’s kid condoms.

As I said a bit too much postmodern feminism for my taste, as if people would get offended by 'knickers'! Sex with someone you love is special otherwise it's just sex regardless of what you think. I dont think you speak for most people even if you think you do yourself.

You'll teach your kids one way and I'll teach mine, I wouldn't dare to presume I know better than you what is best for your kids. I do know however, that life is not a collection of binary right and wrong decisions & I will never be afraid to talk to my kids about making informed choices. I will also never be afraid to ask others for advice.
Edited by: "501MHZ" 12th Jun
Anyway, they’ll be asking to borrow your son’s bedroom soon.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 12th Jun
501MHZ7 m ago

As I said a bit too much postmodern feminism for my taste, as if people …As I said a bit too much postmodern feminism for my taste, as if people would get offended by 'knickers'! Sex with someone you love is special otherwise it's just sex regardless of what you thinkI dont think you speak for most people even if you think you do think so yourself.You'll teach your kids one way and I'll teach mine, I wouldn't dare to presume I know better than you what is best for your kids. I do know however, that life is not a collection of binary right and wrong decisions & I will never be afraid to talk to my kids anout making informed choices. I will also never be afraid to ask others for advice.

My last comment as you don’t get it, walk up to a woman and ask say you want to get into her knickers. See what happens, it’s not the use of the word knickers it’s your other choice of words you used.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants