Groups

Morale Dillema....What to do...

I got my food order from Tesco today and they have delivered 2 bottles of Vodka when I only ordered 1 and have only been charged for 1. Last order I did I ordered 2 jars of coffee and only got 1 but did not ring them about that, is this eye fairs fair or should I ring them?

18 Comments

they always seem to get mine wrong and tbh im sick of calling them. I would have a drink on them! x

Keep it, you know you wanna.
    Fair enough if it were a local store and not a huge global company, They make huge profits, they won't miss it.

However the teenager that packed the shopping may loose his / her job........:thumbsup:
    Think of it as early Xmas presents.

plumberman01;6924035

they always seem to get mine wrong and tbh im sick of calling them. I … they always seem to get mine wrong and tbh im sick of calling them. I would have a drink on them! x

+1:-D

Legally if you don't tell them it's theft as your getting something you know you didn't pay for.

If you call and they say keep it then that's a bonus, but you keeping it is exactly the same legally as walking into the store and walking out with a bottle and not paying, it's called theft.

Original Poster

I think I have someone elses Vodka as it was just lying in the bottom of the tray and is different to the one I actually ordered which means someone may be ringing them to complain they aint got theirs, Think I will have a drink on them lol, anyone want to join me.

Swings and Roundabouts, I'd just keep it.

Last week I used Asda Delivery for the first time, they made 8 (EIGHT) errors on a delivery of 32 items!! Phoned to complain and the refunded all the errors and an extra £5.

I wouldn't go out of my way by phoning them, but if they phoned me or came back for it, I wouldn't deny having it.

It's Tesco.... even I'd think about keepin it

karenhornby;6924067

Legally if you don't tell them it's theft as your getting something you … Legally if you don't tell them it's theft as your getting something you know you didn't pay for.If you call and they say keep it then that's a bonus, but you keeping it is exactly the same legally as walking into the store and walking out with a bottle and not paying, it's called theft.

Not sure if this is true isn't there a law about unsolicited goods being delivered?

you didnt walk out the store with it ,they brought it to you drink it and enjoy i would .

harib0uk;6924195

Not sure if this is true isn't there a law about unsolicited goods being … Not sure if this is true isn't there a law about unsolicited goods being delivered?

It wasn't unsolicited xx

ClarityofMind;6924324

It wasn't unsolicited xx

How not? It wasn't asked for.... It was an error yes, either by whoever picked it/packed it/delivered it but the OP did not request it therefore by definition it is unsolicited.

]Unsolicited GoodsGoods sent to a person who has not requested them. The … ]Unsolicited GoodsGoods sent to a person who has not requested them. The person receiving the goods does not have to pay for them. After 6 months the goods become the property of the person who received them. If the receiving party contacts the sender and asks for the goods to be picked up (and they are not), the receiving party becomes the owner of the goods after 30 days. Before the receiving party becomes the owner they must look after the goods and not dispose of them.

There is the answer... don't say anything and wait 6 months then the vodka is yours if they don't contact you.. say something and if with in 30 days it's not collected the vodka is yours... say nothing and drink it then if they do contact you within 6 months you will have to pay for it.

harib0uk;6924394

How not? It wasn't asked for.... It was an error yes, either by whoever … How not? It wasn't asked for.... It was an error yes, either by whoever picked it/packed it/delivered it but the OP did not request it therefore by definition it is unsolicited.

He's going to drink both the bottles I assume.

Therefore at least one of the bottles was solicited.

You'd have to argue the toss which was and which wasn't.

And either way you'd lose because he booked delivery of his shopping.

However one bottle of vodka and the monopolistic Tesco....... I'd say it doesn't matter ( smack me now for being amoral ). kem

ClarityofMind;6924413

He's going to drink both the bottles I assume.

I think that is the case hic!

ClarityofMind;6924413

Therefore at least one of the bottles was solicited. You'd have to argue … Therefore at least one of the bottles was solicited. You'd have to argue the toss which was and which wasn't.

rbquk

I think I have someone elses Vodka as it was just lying in the bottom of … I think I have someone elses Vodka as it was just lying in the bottom of the tray and is different to the one I actually ordered which means someone may be ringing them to complain they aint got theirs, Think I will have a drink on them lol, anyone want to join me.

They know which is theirs and which isn't as they were different

ClarityofMind;6924413

And either way you'd lose because he booked delivery of his shopping.

OP did book it and presumably sign for it in making payment.. but the additional bottle wasn't on the receipt and was not ordered either.

ClarityofMind;6924413

However one bottle of vodka and the monopolistic Tesco....... I'd say it … However one bottle of vodka and the monopolistic Tesco....... I'd say it doesn't matter ( smack me now for being amoral ). kem

I doubt Tesco would bother sending someone out to collect it either but it's all about honesty!

Just as a matter of interest, how are Tesco going to find out they delivered two bottles of Vodka. Unless they're avid readers of HUKD and can work out who rbquk is. :whistling:

^^^^ Ahh, I didnt read through as well as you did xxx

I assumed the bottles were identical.

Doesn't matter tho' If it wasn't on the receipt they cant trace it to him... and if it was any other company I'd say return it...

but Tesco... *grrrr* at them!!

I can't believe you're even asking this question. A company the size of tesco is not going to miss one bottle of vodka, keep it, drink it. get drunk.

tony_s1;6924676

Just as a matter of interest, how are Tesco going to find out they … Just as a matter of interest, how are Tesco going to find out they delivered two bottles of Vodka. Unless they're avid readers of HUKD and can work out who rbquk is. :whistling:

They wont, and I presume that this error has occurred in the delivery van.. as when things are picked for home delivery they get scanned. The bottle is obviously someone else's which has fallen into the box in transit.

Tesco will just give the other person another bottle, and not worry about the missing one...

All over now.. OP started a new thread lol : hotukdeals.com/ite…ted
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Nightmare with BT over Broadband11
      2. Monitor for console gaming reccomendations11
      3. Biscuit addiction815
      4. Can anyone share their Sky Go with me for £7.50 a month?89

See more discussions