Groups

MORE CAKE ENQUIRIES

I need good prices on all cake ingredients. ....
    and the fondant icing sugar ? where do u get that as it's so so expensive.... ? HELP

I'VE A DIVA GF SHE ONLY ASKED YESTERDAY BUT SHE'S MA WEE BUNNY N I WANT HER TO HAVE A GOOD BIRTHDAY !?

12 Comments

Do u need coloured royal icing or just white? White is usually alot cheper, i buy it from home bargains, its about £1.80 for 1kg in there, or its about £2.20 in asda.

Just buy one from the cake box

If you have an Aldi near you they sell (mine does anyway) good white ready to roll white icing for about £1.80/kg. A basic cake you only need flour, eggs, butter (or marge) and sugar. Those are cheap enough in themselves. The decorating is the most expensive part.

Original Poster

lauralou16206

Do u need coloured royal icing or just white? White is usually alot … Do u need coloured royal icing or just white? White is usually alot cheper, i buy it from home bargains, its about £1.80 for 1kg in there, or its about £2.20 in asda.

​thank you white is preferred cos it's a rainbow cake all the seven tiers will be the colours of the rainbow xx

Original Poster

shakeelgoulthorp

Just buy one from the cake box

​No I want it made by me so she sees the effort

Original Poster

KGorman

If you have an Aldi near you they sell (mine does anyway) good white … If you have an Aldi near you they sell (mine does anyway) good white ready to roll white icing for about £1.80/kg. A basic cake you only need flour, eggs, butter (or marge) and sugar. Those are cheap enough in themselves. The decorating is the most expensive part.

​thank you so much

Original Poster

lauralou16206

Do u need coloured royal icing or just white? White is usually alot … Do u need coloured royal icing or just white? White is usually alot cheper, i buy it from home bargains, its about £1.80 for 1kg in there, or its about £2.20 in asda.

​white for insides all colours thanks u have really helped x

Poundland do a range by Jane asher or try b+m and home bargains.

Original Poster

thank u xxx

lindus

​thank you white is preferred cos it's a rainbow cake all the seven tiers … ​thank you white is preferred cos it's a rainbow cake all the seven tiers will be the colours of the rainbow xx

Royal icing is traditionally used on Christmas cakes and dries hard. It isn't the stuff that's sold in blocks that you roll out that has been mentioned.

Fondant is the stuff you roll out, if you are using this you need to make sure you make it very pliable before applying it to a smooth crumb coat on the cake. It can be tricky if you haven't done it before.

If you are doing a rainbow cake I would use a good buttercream or cream cheese frosting it always sure you do a good crumbcoat first.

I make a lot of cakes and only use Royal icing at Christmas time.

If making a rainbow cake use a good coloured gel, not food colouring in wee bottles

Make sure you cream your sugar and butter well at the start until light and fluffy, eggs at room temperature and you will have a lovely cake.

Good luck I love baking

Edited by: "takethatfan1978" 26th Feb

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii85/hmfleming/Mobile%20Uploads/DC2DD958-0710-4D3F-A716-63E52C4D36DE_zpswhwvodwh.jpg

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii85/hmfleming/Mobile%20Uploads/7CB5658E-9ED0-44F1-A90D-2F651E488AE3_zps3fliskux.jpg

It looks as though there isn't any filling between layers but there is, it was lovely and moist

I would have thought a good stuffing for a birthday. X)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Which android box?510
      2. Upgrading qacoustic speaker setup34
      3. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!2229
      4. buy to let mortgage33

See more discussions