Groups

more ebay help please!

I posted before about probs with buyer hotukdeals.com/ite…ase

now had another msg from buyer
    "Hi, we made it exactly like that(my husband is quite good with these stuff).Unfortunately after being charged 15 hours the parents unit work not more than five minutes and then the alarm is starting. So it has to stay on the charger all the time. Definitely we need to buy new ones cost between 7 and 10 ponds depends on the brand and mAh...I would appreciate your understanding, thank you"

Do you think they are trying it on??? I don't really want to give them £10 back but then again I don't want to take chance of ebay taking whole lot back

Help

12 Comments

Banned

tell them to send the batteries back so you can test them...........call their bluff either way youll find out wether theyre telling the truth

casparwhite;8206701

tell them to send the batteries back so you can test them...........call … tell them to send the batteries back so you can test them...........call their bluff either way youll find out wether theyre telling the truth

Yeah I would do that, if anything it will stall them and they will more than likely not do it..

Original Poster

Thanks, I didn't think of that.
    Anyone have experience of ebay in cases like this? Do they just side with buyer? What if there isn't enough in paypal account to take back?

Why didn't you just post this update in the original thread?

Original Poster

peodude;8207211

Why didn't you just post this update in the original thread?

cause I'm a tired stressed mummy who didn't think of that!

Original Poster

vinylandtrinkets;8207332

99% of the time paypal will side with the buyer, if you have no money in … 99% of the time paypal will side with the buyer, if you have no money in your account and have a debit card/bank account attached to it they will take the money from there.if you sold the items longer then 90 days ago or the buyer has left feedback then i think they cant claim Item not as describedhas the buyer left feedback??

no, they said they are waiting for me to respond to their complaint

Don't ask them to send the batteries back on their own as they could use the tracking id as confirmation, for paypal / ebay, to say that they sent the whole lot back for a full refund. Then you would be without the device and then all they have to do is search ebay / online for cheap replacements.

I don't get it! Why should you have to pay for new batteries, surely thats their responsibility?

I'd tell them to get stuffed! Shocked at the fuss people make about ebay, if they don't want things like used batteries then why don't they just buy new!!!

Original Poster

simplyjimbo;8207960

Don't ask them to send the batteries back on their own as they could use … Don't ask them to send the batteries back on their own as they could use the tracking id as confirmation, for paypal / ebay, to say that they sent the whole lot back for a full refund. Then you would be without the device and then all they have to do is search ebay / online for cheap replacements.

Thanks, very good point.I'm just worried abouut her taking it further with ebay.
    I think her problem is cause the are rechargables and she says they are duds.
    How would you polietly point out "it's tough buy some yourself. If you think I'm giving you a tenner for some you're joking!"

Banned

lostscot;8214064

Thanks, very good point.I'm just worried abouut her taking it further … Thanks, very good point.I'm just worried abouut her taking it further with ebay.I think her problem is cause the are rechargables and she says they are duds. How would you polietly point out "it's tough buy some yourself. If you think I'm giving you a tenner for some you're joking!"

im taking she hasnt opened a dispute.........if you are having dialogue with the wom,an and asking her to return them then it should be in your ebay messages as proof, as long as you are not responding to direct emails then there isnt a problem

if its there in text i really dont see how paypal would assume they have returned the whole thing?

some/most of the people are failing to realise that these are supposed to be rechargeable not regular batteries, although its hard to understand how if they read the op:?

your call but expects a snad claim shortly if you dont rectify it

Original Poster

casparwhite;8214192

im taking she hasnt opened a dispute.........if you are having dialogue … im taking she hasnt opened a dispute.........if you are having dialogue with the wom,an and asking her to return them then it should be in your ebay messages as proof, as long as you are not responding to direct emails then there isnt a problemif its there in text i really dont see how paypal would assume they have returned the whole thing?some/most of the people are failing to realise that these are supposed to be rechargeable not regular batteries, although its hard to understand how if they read the op:?your call but expects a snad claim shortly if you dont rectify it

I suppose I'll offer her something to buy more but I think her estimates of 7-£10 are ott ? I don't buy many batteries but going on posts here there are lots about much cheaper

Why not buy some rechargeable batteries (Poundland usually have some in) and post them to her. That way she's happy, and you get to keep the money, minus a couple of quid.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3966
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions