Expired

more help regarding points on a full licence

7 replies
Found 27th May 2009
Hi my friend got 3 points on there provisional licence nearly 4 years ago and now they have a full licence,these points have carried onto the new full licence but what i was wondering is that i they apply for the points to be taken of once the 4 years is here?somone said they start again once you get your full licence,that seems strange if true as that would make it 8 years in total.anyone know?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
7 Comments

No, pretty sure that the points will only tot up for three years but stay on your licence for four years, if you get six on a new licence within two years you lose it and have to retake the test

Original Poster

yeh i thought it was strange so once the 4 years is up my friend can get them taken off even though she got them when she had a provisional

mosskeeto;5335692

No, pretty sure that the points will only tot up for three years but stay … No, pretty sure that the points will only tot up for three years but stay on your licence for four years, if you get six on a new licence within two years you lose it and have to retake the test

What? Rubbish? My old man has 9 within 3 years and still has his.

Points automatically drop off after 3 years, you can't have them physically removed from your paper licence as they are a record but nobody can hold them against you i.e. insurance etc

Banned

mosskeeto;5335692

No, pretty sure that the points will only tot up for three years but stay … No, pretty sure that the points will only tot up for three years but stay on your licence for four years, if you get six on a new licence within two years you lose it and have to retake the test

ms2005;5338180

What? Rubbish? My old man has 9 within 3 years and still has his.Points … What? Rubbish? My old man has 9 within 3 years and still has his.Points automatically drop off after 3 years, you can't have them physically removed from your paper licence as they are a record but nobody can hold them against you i.e. insurance etc

on a NEW licence! think its up to the first 2 years

if i passed today and got 6 points tomorrow i would be banned and made to resit my test

however if i passed 10 years ago and got 9 tomorrow i am ok

see the difference?

dimebars;5338260

on a NEW licence! think its up to the first 2 yearsif i passed today and … on a NEW licence! think its up to the first 2 yearsif i passed today and got 6 points tomorrow i would be banned and made to resit my testhowever if i passed 10 years ago and got 9 tomorrow i am oksee the difference?

but only a mag can ban you and unless your 6 points were obtained in one go or one day after the other I really can't see them banning you for 6 points in 2 years as it would lead to bucket loads of appeals, wasted court time, extra work for judges.

dimebars;5338260

on a NEW licence! think its up to the first 2 yearsif i passed today and … on a NEW licence! think its up to the first 2 yearsif i passed today and got 6 points tomorrow i would be banned and made to resit my testhowever if i passed 10 years ago and got 9 tomorrow i am oksee the difference?

Cheers....:thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition56552
    2. Free money and competition entry @ Circle67
    3. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)45
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…22

See more discussions