Groups

More reminiscing ......

Following on from FatRocker's "reminiscing your youth" thread about cartoons, what was your fave sweets as a kid?

I loved cola pips, pineapple chunks n strawberry sherberts

29 Comments

Texan Bars - Yummy

Jelly Tot's

I was always (and still am) fascinated by Moon Dust. Some might know it as Space Candy, the tongue popping stuff. I'd save my dinner money from school to bay a few bags of it on my way home from school. Then had to make up a meal to mum!!

Banned

i loved black jacks and aniseed balls i know they still do them but they are nothing like they used to be:x

The chewy pink bar with the fizzy bits in - I can't remember what its called.

I am just sat here munching my way through a huge bag of cola bottles

American Cream Soda (like a pale pink sherbet), was really nice and would last for ages.

Argentina chews were good. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

fireheaven;5629167

The chewy pink bar with the fizzy bits in - I can't remember what its … The chewy pink bar with the fizzy bits in - I can't remember what its called.I am just sat here munching my way through a huge bag of cola bottles

Wham bars?

magough;5629206

Wham bars?

YAY!!! that's it - I have been trying to remember for the last 15 mins :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Yeh they were quite yummy

Banned

fireheaven;5629215

YAY!!! that's it - I have been trying to remember for the last 15 mins … YAY!!! that's it - I have been trying to remember for the last 15 mins :thumbsup:

my mouth justy watered lol

old jamaica chocolate

I can think of loads but can never remember what they are called :roll:

there was some fizzy stuff - rainbow something or other

God - old age really is catching up with me

fireheaven;5629167

The chewy pink bar with the fizzy bits in - I can't remember what its … The chewy pink bar with the fizzy bits in - I can't remember what its called.I am just sat here munching my way through a huge bag of cola bottles

I just bought a big bag of mini Wham bars! Prefer refreshers though! Does anyone remember Cadbury Secrets? Chocolate bars filled with chocolate mouse and covered in a kind of nesty pattern of chocolate. Yum! I also loved Charlie Chalk 2p white chocolates and 1/2 p Mojo's.

fireheaven;5629277

I can think of loads but can never remember what they are called … I can think of loads but can never remember what they are called :roll:there was some fizzy stuff - rainbow something or otherGod - old age really is catching up with me

Ooooh, are you talking about them long rainbow fizzy strip sweets...I used to eat them all the time and I loved those big cola bottle sweets...I used to bite the lid off and try and drink the contents. :giggle:

What's that long red tube thing called with white stuff in the middle...oh god...I'm terrible with sweet names...I just like the look of something and grab it. :giggle:

I loved those chocolate cigarette things

also Fish and Chips (the white chocolate/candy things!)

also Tools, which were normal milk chocolate/candy things

Fish and Chips! White choc of course.

fireheaven;5629277

I can think of loads but can never remember what they are called … I can think of loads but can never remember what they are called :roll:there was some fizzy stuff - rainbow something or otherGod - old age really is catching up with me

Rainbow dust? Loved rainbow drops too. There is a sweetshop near me whuch only sells old fashioned sweets. It is tremendous, like an Aladin's cave of sugar! The online shops charge afr to much for sweets and p&p.

For any of you wanting to get any of your old faves!

[url]www.aquarterof.co.uk/[/url]

How about the He-Man Jelly things in the plastic strips!

Rice Paper

Shrimps, O the list endless, one more, popping candy!

Just gotta be American Cream Soda sherbet with a penny frozen vimto ice lolly to dip in....hmmmmmmmmm....sherbet dip dabs are a very close second !!!!!

Banned

my dream has always been to open a sweet shop like the one in charlie and the chocolate facory( the shop not the factory,lol)

Original Poster

Strawberry and lemon bon bons

FatRocker;5629317

How about the He-Man Jelly things in the plastic strips!Rice … How about the He-Man Jelly things in the plastic strips!Rice PaperShrimps, O the list endless, one more, popping candy!

Yes! I loved the He_Man jelies, I used to use the empty trays to make jelly and freeze pop! :thumbsup:

KazzyD;5629139

Texan Bars - Yummy

Yeah - scrummy

flumps,but not the ones out now, they used to be lovely

Banned

loupomm;5629621

flumps,but not the ones out now, they used to be lovely

my mum loved flumps

Chocolate tools and White choc fish n chips
    Chocolate cup cakes (they were small pieces of choc in different coloures foil cups - they used to melt in the mouth)
    Highland toffee bars (got some recently in home bargains so well chuffed!)
    and finally nerds!
    Sorry about the long list but sweets in the 80's/90's were so much better than today.

Sherbert Dib Dabs
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon33
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick88
      3. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat99
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2324

See more discussions