Groups

More Snow Tonight

BBC told me so.

also

if you live in Peoples Republic of Mancunia dont leave your car unattended to defrost...... like you would

28 Comments

Thankyou menstrual Man :thumbsup:

not had any at all here.

Who has snow? And can I couch surf?

Officers in Greater Manchester and Merseyside are warning drivers not to … Officers in Greater Manchester and Merseyside are warning drivers not to leave their cars running while they defrost them.

WHY? Just in case someone nips in and drives off?? Is that the way of things in Greater Manchester min.man?

chesso ^^^ it is against the law

I remember some bloke in the news been done for it last time it was clod.

starsparkle2311;3647401

no snow here...yet, just ice, wish it would melt;-)

Same. Though there is something calming about defrosting cars in the morning :thinking:

chesso;3647427

WHY? Just in case someone nips in and drives off?? Is that the way of … WHY? Just in case someone nips in and drives off?? Is that the way of things in Greater Manchester min.man?

not just oop north chesso

what about this poor woman

news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm

we want snow down here!!!

Original Poster

chesso;3647427

WHY? Just in case someone nips in and drives off?? Is that the way of … WHY? Just in case someone nips in and drives off?? Is that the way of things in Greater Manchester min.man?

errrrr yeah, although v funny the story I read yesterday of the guy who tried to rob someones can but could only manage to wheel spin it in the snow before he got dragged out and beat the carp out of :lol:

We got loads here yesterday and now the slush has iced over - no gritters as they have run out and "weren't expecting it"!!!!

holly100;3647463

not just oop north chesso what about this poor … not just oop north chesso what about this poor womanhttp://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/berkshire/7762295.stm

OMG - That's so awful.

I didn't know that this sort of thing was happening.
    I might have been in rural N Cornwall for too long; I'm out of touch with the real world.
    MinstrelMan;3647477

errrrr yeah, although v funny the story I read yesterday of the guy who … errrrr yeah, although v funny the story I read yesterday of the guy who tried to rob someones can but could only manage to wheel spin it in the snow before he got dragged out and beat the carp out of :lol:

Good.
    He probably hadn't even passed his test the numbskull.

we have quite a bit of snow and severe weather warnings for tonight

lyndsbowes;3647551

we have quite a bit of snow and severe weather warnings for tonight

Can you people pass some snow down in the midlands.... havent had any yet!!!

zish_uk;3647565

Can you people pass some snow down in the midlands.... havent had any … Can you people pass some snow down in the midlands.... havent had any yet!!!

awww i'm gonna go home after work, get my wellies, get the kids wrapped up and have a snowball fight with them in the garden :-D then come in and have a nice warm bath

just thought i'd share that with everyone :lol:

Original Poster

zish_uk;3647565

Can you people pass some snow down in the midlands.... havent had any … Can you people pass some snow down in the midlands.... havent had any yet!!!

you very well might tonight..... main news says upto 20cms...... hats like 8 inches :?

news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm

Here's a tip for de-icing your car

Fill a hot water bottle with ....erm hot boiling water (add a little cold to the bottle so it doesn't warp the rubber) put it on your dashboard. Takes a good 10 mins but the car de-ices whilst your having your brecky!

mrsj2008;3647956

Here's a tip for de-icing your carFill a hot water bottle with ....erm … Here's a tip for de-icing your carFill a hot water bottle with ....erm hot boiling water (add a little cold to the bottle so it doesn't warp the rubber) put it on your dashboard. Takes a good 10 mins but the car de-ices whilst your having your brecky!

good tip but cant be bovvered going out in cold at brekky time!!

just use a watering can and put water over ice. its not been ridiculously icy down here...so will wash off easily... and i leave car running in drive whilst putting kids shoes and coats on....didnt know was illegal :?

MM the weather warnings are for the north..... me live in kent..... its just damn cold here!:santa:

no doubt the schools will be shut tomorrow :roll:

Original Poster

sorry I can only speak for the norf MB, must be bad, Rochdale council have already closed the schools for in Rochdale for tomorrow

MinstrelMan;3648287

sorry I can only speak for the norf MB, must be bad, Rochdale council … sorry I can only speak for the norf MB, must be bad, Rochdale council have already closed the schools for in Rochdale for tomorrow

just seen your early warning on facebook :-D

MinstrelMan;3648287

sorry I can only speak for the norf MB, must be bad, Rochdale council … sorry I can only speak for the norf MB, must be bad, Rochdale council have already closed the schools for in Rochdale for tomorrow

well if u cant speak for the saaaahf then i dont wanna know!!:p

MinstrelMan;3648287

Oh ****** :x

Kids came out of school cheering cos they had a note saying that there was a severe weather warning and although school planned to open to check local radio before setting out as they could be closed. Of course they only read the "may be closed" bit and are all planning their day off tomorrow.! Only prob is that theres no radio in our car and by the time the radio announces these things we will have already left!:)

We are meant to be getting about 4-5 inches here in my part on Scotland :-D
    More snowball fights..:)

Banned

wish it would snow here! Havent seen any for a couple of years and that only lasted 1 day

Banned

MinstrelMan;3648287

must be at least an inch then ;-)

Banned

starsparkle2311;3649197

anyone know a good website for checking whether local schools are open or … anyone know a good website for checking whether local schools are open or not? I know they do announcements on the local radio, but it's easier for me to check on the 'net, thanks:thumbsup:

local council website

:thinking: none here in scouseland...mankyland can have it all!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk22
      2. Win a Karcher Xpert Pressure Washer88
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains98
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon33

See more discussions