Found 22nd Nov 2010
Anyone else notice that there is more tat / cheaper items on the for sale forum than ever before?

I haven't purchased anything for going on 5 months, because it's just a nightmare shifting through all the rubbish posted. It's becoming more like a car boot every day. Where before, i'd perhaps spend a good £50-£100 a month.

I swear there used to be more high quality electrical stuff posted 6-12 months ago, perhaps it's just being overshadowed.

I realize there isn't much you can do about this kind of thing, i'm just having a moan ;).

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
20 Comments

Banned

I just omit CLOTHING as thats 90% of the tat!

I like tat, so I'm quite happy with the clothing discounts I find on here. Only yesterday I used the ASOS £10 off an £11+ spend with free delivery. Don't understand the electical and techno offers with details of phones and TV's. I'm into 'tat' in a big way!
Also couldn't complain about the heads up on the Curry's / PC world competition/promo as would never have gone in there for a gift catalogue to get the unique code without seeing what was happening on here

csiman

I just omit CLOTHING as thats 90% of the tat!

Don't you like deals on clothes X)

Banned

simone10

I like tat, so I'm quite happy with the clothing discounts I find on … I like tat, so I'm quite happy with the clothing discounts I find on here. Only yesterday I used the ASOS £10 off an £11+ spend with free delivery. Don't understand the electical and techno offers with details of phones and TV's. I'm into 'tat' in a big way!Also couldn't complain about the heads up on the Curry's / PC world competition/promo as would never have gone in there for a gift catalogue to get the unique code without seeing what was happening on here

irrelevant to the for sale forum

Banned

deb8z

Don't you like deals on clothes X)

come on, any clothes 'deals' I miss arent gonna bother me judging by the tat in FS that members post

Banned

csiman

come on, any clothes 'deals' I miss arent gonna bother me judging by the … come on, any clothes 'deals' I miss arent gonna bother me judging by the tat in FS that members post ;)we all know there are a lot of chavs on here lol

Sloth/Mod

I'd say tat is an understatement................it's more like rifling through boxes of stuff left on the doorstep of a charity shop X)

Original Poster

This really isn't going to get the best response....

I think the women are to blame....

It seems the vast majority of them have a "Sort out", then post everything on the for sale forum thinking it'll fetch a bob or two..

My wife does it, goes through my clothes and puts a pile on the landing.. Then moans at me when i want to keep a jumper that is far to big and i never wear.. I like to keep them for cold winters, as on very occasions i get in the mood for wearing a gigantic jumper and chilling out on the sofa with a hot mug of coffee. Then again, she just gives it all to a charity shop..

HotUkDeals is fine if you know what you're looking for on the for sale forum. Most of the time however, i like to "All" selected and just see if anything catchs my eye... It's almost impossible now, far to much crap means you can go on for 20-30 pages before you see something of interest.
Edited by: "spritey" 22nd Nov 2010

I haven't purchased anything for going on 5 months, because it's just a … I haven't purchased anything for going on 5 months, because it's just a nightmare shifting through all the rubbish posted. It's becoming more like a car boot every day. Where before, i'd perhaps spend a good £50-£100 a month.

lol your moaning about not spending money? im confused it's normally the other way round is'nt it?? (don't want to spend money) but totally agree with you tho

Original Poster

sameena1

lol your moaning about not spending money? im confused it's normally the … lol your moaning about not spending money? im confused it's normally the other way round is'nt it?? (don't want to spend money) but totally agree with you tho

Just sometimes get the itch to buy things, hunt out a bargain and treat myself every month.

Just sometimes get the itch to buy things, hunt out a bargain and treat … Just sometimes get the itch to buy things, hunt out a bargain and treat myself every month.

we can be bessi mates if you want n you can treat me too lol really i don't mind X)

Original Poster

sameena1

we can be bessi mates if you want n you can treat me too lol really i … we can be bessi mates if you want n you can treat me too lol really i don't mind X)

Providing you don't get clingy and know how to be discreet, i could use a mistress. X)

Banned

spritey

This really isn't going to get the best response....I think the women are … This really isn't going to get the best response....I think the women are to blame....It seems the vast majority of them have a "Sort out", then post everything on the for sale forum thinking it'll fetch a bob or two.. My wife does it, goes through my clothes and puts a pile on the landing.. Then moans at me when i want to keep a jumper that is far to big and i never wear.. I like to keep them for cold winters, as on very occasions i get in the mood for wearing a gigantic jumper and chilling out on the sofa with a hot mug of coffee. Then again, she just gives it all to a charity shop..HotUkDeals is fine if you know what you're looking for on the for sale forum. Most of the time however, i like to "All" selected and just see if anything catchs my eye... It's almost impossible now, far to much crap means you can go on for 20-30 pages before you see something of interest.

totally agree hence the response that omitting clothing works great

too many chavettes thinking they can get dosh for soiled baby clobber

funny to see that hardly any of it gets sold so it re-appears a month later. Sad but true. A FS limit is needed imo.

csiman

come on, any clothes 'deals' I miss arent gonna bother me judging by the … come on, any clothes 'deals' I miss arent gonna bother me judging by the tat in FS that members post

I totally misread the OP I thought he was referring to the deals section,not the FS forum oops ignore me!

Providing you don't get clingy and know how to be discreet, i could use … Providing you don't get clingy and know how to be discreet, i could use a mistress. X)

clingy & not discreet that's me all ova so i guess the mistress thing is out of the window & any way i said best mates not play mates
anyway's back onto subject er.. waht was it again ah yes... junk..totally agree too much of it just

like csiman say's lmao

too many chavettes thinking they can get dosh for soiled baby clobber

I said this in another thread, some of the stuff in FS/FT is embarrassed!
Just throw it out or give to charity shop (if they will have it!).
I am talking about misshapen old nighties and bobbly jumpers people sell.
Mind you people buy it half the time, the saying "one man's rubbish is another man's treasure" is apt!

Sloth/Mod

mumbojumbo

Totally disagree. I have a box of my finest used underwear just awaiting … Totally disagree. I have a box of my finest used underwear just awaiting listing...:)

Used to love scratch and sniff tat when i was younger. oO X)

Agree with op,90% of the clothing sold goes for less than £1,it should be donated to charity as its the decent thing to do, however most of the scrutters who sell it have an expensive greggs habit to pay for.

Edited by: "boothy" 22nd Nov 2010

i have bought some kiddies clothes on here before and it was in fantatic condition and defo wasnt tat

tbh i have not bought anything in fs/ft for ages so maybe the stuff aint as good as it was before

csiman

irrelevant to the for sale forum

You are right. I mis read the bit about refering to for sale forum
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition71781
    2. Win Google Pixel 2 or a Google Pixel 2 XL11
    3. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…66
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines54

See more discussions