Groups

More USB ports on xbox one?

Currently using all 3 of the usb ports on my xbox one (Charging dock, External HDD and 1 for Rocksmith cable) i Have 2 Rocksmith cables so can rock out with the wife but i need another USB port, Does anyone know how i add more?

Can i just buy a USB hub and use it? Saw online say you need a USB 3.0 Hub but i cant seem to find one (well at a reasonable price).

Thanks all.

13 Comments

can u not just take the charging.Dock cable out

Original Poster

19alexanderson91

can u not just take the charging.Dock cable out

I could but its a hassle as its plugged into the back of the xbox one so i have to keep moving it forward to get behind so its not the easiest on my current tv unit

Don't do it. Just use a USB plug like a phone charger for the extra socket

Original Poster

AStonedRaichu

Don't do it. Just use a USB plug like a phone charger for the extra socket

What do you mean sorry?

Karlf1986

[quote=AStonedRaichu] Don't do it. Just use a USB plug like a phone … [quote=AStonedRaichu] Don't do it. Just use a USB plug like a phone charger for the extra socket

What do you mean sorry?

http://www.cmsbitz.com/acatalog/white-join.jpg

Plug it in your phone charger. Using too many USB's drains power from the motherboard. Microsoft condemned using USB fans on the Xbox 360 for the same reason

Original Poster

AStonedRaichu

What do you mean sorry?Plug it in your phone charger. Using too many … What do you mean sorry?Plug it in your phone charger. Using too many USB's drains power from the motherboard. Microsoft condemned using USB fans on the Xbox 360 for the same reason

Ah so plug in my Charging dock into a usb plug? As i cant plug Rocksmith cable as it needs to be into the console for it to work.

Karlf1986

Ah so plug in my Charging dock into a usb plug? As i cant plug Rocksmith … Ah so plug in my Charging dock into a usb plug? As i cant plug Rocksmith cable as it needs to be into the console for it to work.

Ahh yeah they need to be plugged in, nevermind that was an oversight on my part. Does the charger dock need to be plugged into the console too? i know the 360 version had to be, wouldnt charge from another power source it was annoying

does your tv have a usb on it? could also use this to charge? this might not work depending on power drain but it works for my wii.

Original Poster

Will try plug the charging dock into another source like ps4/tv

I bought this for £8.89 but, its come down in price now to £7.99 - definitely worth it
    amazon.co.uk/gp/…s00

bex85

I bought this for £8.89 but, its come down in price now to £7.99 - d … I bought this for £8.89 but, its come down in price now to £7.99 - definitely worth it :)http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KATDTFE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

No good for a charging dock as all the sockets share the same power input

AStonedRaichu

No good for a charging dock as all the sockets share the same power input

I will admit to not realising there was two USB ports on the back of the Xbox One so bought this.

I have an external hard drive plugged in and our charging dock and I've had no problems thus far. I've also now connected our bluetooth speaker to it for charging and my partners controller has died mid game so had that plugged in as well with no problems.

Comment

bex85

I will admit to not realising there was two USB ports on the back of the … I will admit to not realising there was two USB ports on the back of the Xbox One so bought this.I have an external hard drive plugged in and our charging dock and I've had no problems thus far. I've also now connected our bluetooth speaker to it for charging and my partners controller has died mid game so had that plugged in as well with no problems.

Yes it will work but will charge at a reduced rate due to all 4 sockets sharing a single power source, basically takes longer to charge.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Legal advice?79
      2. Ditched Sky78
      3. Golf DSG GTD Real MPG?34
      4. Chromecast11

See more discussions