Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Nord VPN Mega Value - £331.25 (Effectively £2.69 per month) @ Quidco

Posted 9th May
My First Post,

Came across this deal on QuidCo and thought I would share this. NORD VPN 3-year plan £2.69 per month
£331.25 is the original price however it is now £96.74 billed every 3 years
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
Ah the weekly just signed up to post this, honest gov don't work for Nord, post
31 Comments
Ah the weekly just signed up to post this, honest gov don't work for Nord, post
powerbrick09/05/2020 22:12

Ah the weekly just signed up to post this, honest gov don't work for Nord, …Ah the weekly just signed up to post this, honest gov don't work for Nord, post

Wait you mean you DON'T work for Nord like the rest of us!?
Who has a spare £331 to just drop on a VPN?? That’s ridiculous money that
Read the description and nice welcome everyome
Must buy quickly. Offer has only been on for the last 5 years
Just a pity Quidco premium isn’t doing their 100%+ cashback right now. A lot of us are actually getting paid to use Nord for 3 years at the moment.
This has been a lot cheaper. Sure it was on here last week but couldn't find it. Probably a pop up ad. Genuine question though and not to go off topic but if anyone has any suggestions on a good VPN I'd be interested. So many and not really sure where to start!
KrisTfur09/05/2020 22:29

This has been a lot cheaper. Sure it was on here last week but couldn't …This has been a lot cheaper. Sure it was on here last week but couldn't find it. Probably a pop up ad. Genuine question though and not to go off topic but if anyone has any suggestions on a good VPN I'd be interested. So many and not really sure where to start!

Would recommend Windscribe. Free rolling 10gb/mo allowance, would be enough to get you started. They occasionally have offers which increase this to 20gb/mo for free - hotukdeals.com/dea…697
KrisTfur09/05/2020 22:29

This has been a lot cheaper. Sure it was on here last week but couldn't …This has been a lot cheaper. Sure it was on here last week but couldn't find it. Probably a pop up ad. Genuine question though and not to go off topic but if anyone has any suggestions on a good VPN I'd be interested. So many and not really sure where to start!

Private Internet Access if you actually want a trustworthy provider. Remember when you use a VPN, your internet activity is still traceable, just by the VPN provider instead of your ISP.
Use code ROFLMAO to get a further -20% discount
Ok guys I’m new here. Lovely welcome

Can you help me as I have only used Quidco for 5 mins. Is there any other good cash back sites?

Thank you in advanced
scapton09/05/2020 22:33

Would recommend Windscribe. Free rolling 10gb/mo allowance, would be …Would recommend Windscribe. Free rolling 10gb/mo allowance, would be enough to get you started. They occasionally have offers which increase this to 20gb/mo for free - https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/get-20gb-at-windscribe-on-monthly-basis-new-existing-accounts-3322697

Thank you, I'll take a look

Would recommend Windscribe. Free rolling 10gb/mo allowance, would be …Would recommend Windscribe. Free rolling 10gb/mo allowance, would be enough to get you started. They occasionally have offers which increase this to 20gb/mo for free - https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/get-20gb-at-windscribe-on-monthly-basis-new-existing-accounts-3322697

...even 20GB is nothing, waiting for Pro 🤝

Windscribe was good as is Surfshark which is £38.16 for 2 years. Cant fault it. Nord was my previous VPN and it was simply way too expensive.
MentalFloss09/05/2020 22:36

Private Internet Access if you actually want a trustworthy provider. …Private Internet Access if you actually want a trustworthy provider. Remember when you use a VPN, your internet activity is still traceable, just by the VPN provider instead of your ISP.

And who owns PIA?
£331 for vpn lmao
Honestly read the description before you post. It’s £2.69 per month which equates to £32.28 a year x 3 equals £96.84 for 3 years! which is good value for money whichever way you look at it. I understand there is a free 10gb available with another provider which is good if you use 10gb or less however, you are protected for a limited amount of data usage and then vulnerable while on the internet. I only posted this as I thought it was a good deal and thought I would contribute to a lovely community

Have a wonderful night and stay safe.
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee10/05/2020 02:41

Honestly read the description before you post. It’s £2.69 per month which e …Honestly read the description before you post. It’s £2.69 per month which equates to £32.28 a year x 3 equals £96.84 for 3 years! which is good value for money whichever way you look at it. I understand there is a free 10gb available with another provider which is good if you use 10gb or less however, you are protected for a limited amount of data usage and then vulnerable while on the internet. I only posted this as I thought it was a good deal and thought I would contribute to a lovely community Have a wonderful night and stay safe.

Vpn's don't protect you at all or stop you being vulnerable, you sound like the rubbish vpn adverts on YouTube channels that don't have a clue what you're talking about.

All it does is makes you pop out on a different part oft he Internet. Sure your isp can't see what you're on but other than that there's no real protection. Most people are scared into getting a vpn and don't need one.
dcx_badass10/05/2020 03:25

Vpn's don't protect you at all or stop you being vulnerable, you sound …Vpn's don't protect you at all or stop you being vulnerable, you sound like the rubbish vpn adverts on YouTube channels that don't have a clue what you're talking about.All it does is makes you pop out on a different part oft he Internet. Sure your isp can't see what you're on but other than that there's no real protection. Most people are scared into getting a vpn and don't need one.

VPNs secure your public internet connection by encrypting your information and shielding your online activity from cybercriminals and even your own Internet Service Provider, or ISP. ... As the VPN server mixes your web traffic with others on the server, your IP address appears to match the one associated with the VPN

Mr KNOW IT ALL
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee09/05/2020 22:52

Ok guys I’m new here. Lovely welcome Can you help me as I have only u …Ok guys I’m new here. Lovely welcome Can you help me as I have only used Quidco for 5 mins. Is there any other good cash back sites? Thank you in advanced

Total one-off £14.50 for 10 simultaneous connections on a lifetime sub with FVPN.
Not as cheap as the negative-cost Nord option via Quidco, but no risk of cashback failing and still a decent option for the service provided.
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee10/05/2020 02:41

Honestly read the description before you post. It’s £2.69 per month which e …Honestly read the description before you post. It’s £2.69 per month which equates to £32.28 a year x 3 equals £96.84 for 3 years! which is good value for money whichever way you look at it. I understand there is a free 10gb available with another provider which is good if you use 10gb or less however, you are protected for a limited amount of data usage and then vulnerable while on the internet. I only posted this as I thought it was a good deal and thought I would contribute to a lovely community Have a wonderful night and stay safe.

The problem is not with the monthly fee but commitment of a large amount upfront to a business that may not survive the next 3 years. VPN business is very cutthroat and cash intensive when building out, so many providers offer long term subscriptions for immediate cash today.

It is somewhat like signing up for a gym for 3 years right now.
siliconbits09/05/2020 23:42

And who owns PIA?

London Trust Media. They are the only ones i know whose claims have actually been tested in court. There was some fake bomb threat case in the US some years back and they couldn't give any user info to the FBI because they dont log it
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee10/05/2020 03:26

VPNs secure your public internet connection by encrypting your information …VPNs secure your public internet connection by encrypting your information and shielding your online activity from cybercriminals and even your own Internet Service Provider, or ISP. ... As the VPN server mixes your web traffic with others on the server, your IP address appears to match the one associated with the VPNMr KNOW IT ALL

And why do you trust the VPN provider more than your ISP? Especially a shady company with known data leaks in the past

techcrunch.com/201…ed/
MentalFloss10/05/2020 08:07

And why do you trust the VPN provider more than your ISP? Especially a …And why do you trust the VPN provider more than your ISP? Especially a shady company with known data leaks in the past https://techcrunch.com/2019/10/21/nordvpn-confirms-it-was-hacked/

1 server was compromised due to the third party data center being incompetent. Nord aren't shady, and I would trust them more than ISP in terms of privacy.
dcx_badass10/05/2020 03:25

Vpn's don't protect you at all or stop you being vulnerable, you sound …Vpn's don't protect you at all or stop you being vulnerable, you sound like the rubbish vpn adverts on YouTube channels that don't have a clue what you're talking about.All it does is makes you pop out on a different part oft he Internet. Sure your isp can't see what you're on but other than that there's no real protection. Most people are scared into getting a vpn and don't need one.

VPNs are an important tool to protect you but they aren't the only thing. Common sense will give you the best protection. VPN will mask your IP address so if anyone tries to track you they will only get the VPN location. VPN will allow you to access foreign content.

VPN does not stop hackers or act as antivirus, many YouTube channels don't have a clue what VPN does and say all that rubbish. However, to say they do not protect you at all is entirely inaccurate if you have a good VPN provider.

If you are torrenting (not something I do), VPN will stop ISP seeing it and getting sent a letter/email.
MentalFloss10/05/2020 08:07

And why do you trust the VPN provider more than your ISP? Especially a …And why do you trust the VPN provider more than your ISP? Especially a shady company with known data leaks in the past https://techcrunch.com/2019/10/21/nordvpn-confirms-it-was-hacked/

Guess what?

It is great it has been hacked therefore they are now less vulnerable to being victim to it again.

If your house was to be robbed, you would ordinarily up your security as I have done when my neighbours house was robbed.

Point is, if there is a vulnerability, you patch this up to ensure it is protected in the future.

Would you buy a car 8 year old car with no advisories?

Chances are the 9th MOT will have a list of issues.

Anyway before others start talking rubbish, I don’t care.

VPN IS GREAT TO HAVE YOURSELF PROTECTED.
VPNs shouldnt be expensive and many arnt. Those that are cheap generally do exactly the same as the more established and expensive ones. I pay a 1/3 of what I used to pay for Nord by opting for Surfshark.

However its a matter of personal choice. Do a bit of research first before you part with your dwindling cash supply. There is no question that they offer an element of potection online unless you have Pure of course lol.

tomsguide.com/bes…vpn
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee10/05/2020 14:11

Guess what? It is great it has been hacked therefore they are now less …Guess what? It is great it has been hacked therefore they are now less vulnerable to being victim to it again. If your house was to be robbed, you would ordinarily up your security as I have done when my neighbours house was robbed.Point is, if there is a vulnerability, you patch this up to ensure it is protected in the future. Would you buy a car 8 year old car with no advisories? Chances are the 9th MOT will have a list of issues. Anyway before others start talking rubbish, I don’t care. VPN IS GREAT TO HAVE YOURSELF PROTECTED.

Yeap you totally dont sound like a Nord employee
jamie1510/05/2020 14:04

1 server was compromised due to the third party data center being …1 server was compromised due to the third party data center being incompetent. Nord aren't shady, and I would trust them more than ISP in terms of privacy.

Just goto the redditbay subreddit and see how many people are selling NordVPN accounts for as low as 2-3 dollars. Unless they are official resellers, its pretty obvious all of them are hacked accounts
MentalFloss10/05/2020 17:05

Just goto the redditbay subreddit and see how many people are selling …Just goto the redditbay subreddit and see how many people are selling NordVPN accounts for as low as 2-3 dollars. Unless they are official resellers, its pretty obvious all of them are hacked accounts

They are not hacked, they are cracked. There is a big difference. If people use the same username and passwords on multiple sites that is what happens.
MentalFloss10/05/2020 08:06

London Trust Media. They are the only ones i know whose claims have …London Trust Media. They are the only ones i know whose claims have actually been tested in court. There was some fake bomb threat case in the US some years back and they couldn't give any user info to the FBI because they dont log it

Private Internet Access (commonly known as PIA) is a capable VPN provider, now owned by Private Internet (formerly known as KAPE), who also owns CyberGhost and ZenMate.

techradar.com/rev…vpn

Maybe dig further. You might find some very interesting nuggets
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions