More VW woes

Found 7th Aug
The Volkswagen group confirmed that it might have to recall as many as 124,000 electric and hybrid cars from its VW, Audi and Porsche brands due to poisonous cadmium finding its way into a charger component.

Full Story
Community Updates
Misc
40 Comments
Not VW again, I have had two recalls already with my car, though mine is not electric/hybrid.

You may have copied and pasted a lie from your linked source "..due to poisonous cadmium finding its way into a charger component." I know you copied this text, surely did you believe this lie was true when you used it?!

Cadmium does not find its way into a component, because cadmium does not make its way from A to B through the air! This is a lie. Cadmium is there due to action or inaction of person/people.

The original German web site text, referred to by your link, does not claim cadmium had found its way into charge components. Rather, original German source states that the cadmium was in the components that were supplied to VW (presumably, VW just trusted with blind hope) by a supplier. This allegation was not used by your source, instead, that reported invented a lie.
splender6 m ago

Not VW again, I have had two recalls already with my car, though mine is …Not VW again, I have had two recalls already with my car, though mine is not electric/hybrid.You may have copied and pasted a lie from your linked source "..due to poisonous cadmium finding its way into a charger component." I know you copied this text, surely did you believe this lie was true when you used it?! Cadmium does not find its way into a component, because cadmium does not make its way from A to B through the air! This is a lie. Cadmium is there due to action or inaction of person/people.The original German web site text, referred to by your link, does not claim cadmium had found its way into charge components. Rather, original German source states that the cadmium was in the components that were supplied to VW (presumably, VW just trusted with blind hope) by a supplier. This allegation was not used by your source, instead, that reported invented a lie.

A tad nitpicky?
splender23 m ago

Not VW again, I have had two recalls already with my car, though mine is …Not VW again, I have had two recalls already with my car, though mine is not electric/hybrid.You may have copied and pasted a lie from your linked source "..due to poisonous cadmium finding its way into a charger component." I know you copied this text, surely did you believe this lie was true when you used it?! Cadmium does not find its way into a component, because cadmium does not make its way from A to B through the air! This is a lie. Cadmium is there due to action or inaction of person/people.The original German web site text, referred to by your link, does not claim cadmium had found its way into charge components. Rather, original German source states that the cadmium was in the components that were supplied to VW (presumably, VW just trusted with blind hope) by a supplier. This allegation was not used by your source, instead, that reported invented a lie.

Now now, calm down calm down. Its not my fault you bought a VW.
deeky37 m ago

A tad nitpicky?

not really in this case
rather than the evil cadmium creeping about and infecting the car its in one localised place and will probably stay there until its changed
brilly4 m ago

not really in this caserather than the evil cadmium creeping about and …not really in this caserather than the evil cadmium creeping about and infecting the car its in one localised place and will probably stay there until its changed

A tad nitpicky?
deeky3 m ago

A tad nitpicky?

well lets imagine the cadmium is a rat with a fondness for nibbling wrinkly toes and other appendages
case 1: rat is loose and you cant find it
case 2: its in a cage
take your pick
brilly4 m ago

well lets imagine the cadmium is a rat with a fondness for nibbling …well lets imagine the cadmium is a rat with a fondness for nibbling wrinkly toes and other appendagescase 1: rat is loose and you cant find itcase 2: its in a cagetake your pick

34630947-snpnM.jpg
Basically someone at some level allowed for Cadmium to be used as part of a manufacturing process.

Whether it was the supplier or VWs design requirements. Someone saved money by trying to do it cheaper, they wouldn’t do so if it cost more.
splender1 h, 13 m ago

in the supplied link and it does also confirm the source of the cadmium it’s not a lie they fully brief it in the link you didn’t read.
deeky1 h, 8 m ago

A tad nitpicky?

When I was at school, there was this bully, he had claimed always that his fist found its way in someone's face by accident.
Dannyrobbo6 m ago

in the supplied link and it does also confirm the source of the cadmium …in the supplied link and it does also confirm the source of the cadmium it’s not a lie they fully brief it in the link you didn’t read.

"Cadmium does not find its way into a component, because cadmium does not make its way from A to B through the air! This is a lie. Cadmium is there due to action or inaction of person/people."

I think Splenders point was that the cadmium didn't find it own way into the charger. As Deeky said, a tad nitpicky.
Dannyrobbo9 m ago

in the supplied link and it does also confirm the source of the cadmium …in the supplied link and it does also confirm the source of the cadmium it’s not a lie they fully brief it in the link you didn’t read.

No, you are wrong. You read the text again "has been found in a charger" in conjunction with the foregoing "finding its way into a charger component".

You would be silly to claim "confirm the source of the cadmium". You have jumped into a false claim "confirm the source" when no one else did. Your assertion would be laughed at by any investigator. The cadmium could have been put there by someone in the long supply chain.
For gods sake, cadmium is used to make the batteries, somehow some got to a place it shouldn't have been. Hence VW may well need to recall some of their cars.
123thisisme17 m ago

"Cadmium does not find its way into a component, because cadmium does not …"Cadmium does not find its way into a component, because cadmium does not make its way from A to B through the air! This is a lie. Cadmium is there due to action or inaction of person/people."I think Splenders point was that the cadmium didn't find it own way into the charger. As Deeky said, a tad nitpicky.

deeky49 m ago

A tad nitpicky?

Far from it, one would be be very idiotic to say a la VW recall theme:-

1. The software to cheat the diesel testing found its way into the engine management system.
2. The starter motor pin finds its way into a starter motor.

In a similar English incorrect usage, an analogous example:-

In a poison investigation, one claims in a newspaper the poison finds its way into a pork sausage.
Edited by: "splender" 7th Aug
splender3 m ago

Far from it, one would be be very idiotic to say a la VW recall theme:-1. …Far from it, one would be be very idiotic to say a la VW recall theme:-1. The software to cheat the diesel testing found its way into the engine management system.2. The starter motor pin finds its way into a starter motor....and in a poison investigation, one claims in a newspaper the poison finds its way into a pork sausage.

Did they recall the sausage?
123thisisme2 m ago

Did they recall the sausage?

Not yet, don't be so nitpicky, I add an extra phrase.
splender59 s ago

So you told a lie about the sausage?
123thisisme5 m ago

So you told a lie about the sausage?

No, it is not a lie, see above, I have added more text. I did say "a la VW recall theme" and separated with "..." delimiter. The porky pie is you using "finding its way". you still have this porky in your comment. I added more text to make my "a la VW recall theme" clearer.
splender3 m ago

No, it is not a lie, see above, I have added more text. I did say "a la VW …No, it is not a lie, see above, I have added more text. I did say "a la VW recall theme". The porky pie is you using "finding its way". you still have this porky in your comment. I added more text to make my "a la VW recall theme" clearer.

You may try and cover your tracks but you still told a lie about the sausage.
123thisisme1 m ago

You may try and cover your tracks but you still told a lie about the …You may try and cover your tracks but you still told a lie about the sausage.

You do like your own fake news!
splender4 m ago

No, it is not a lie, see above, I have added more text. I did say "a la VW …No, it is not a lie, see above, I have added more text. I did say "a la VW recall theme" and separated with "..." delimiter. The porky pie is you using "finding its way". you still have this porky in your comment. I added more text to make my "a la VW recall theme" clearer.

Hang on, is it a pork pie or a sausage. The plot thickens.
123thisisme6 m ago

Hang on, is it a pork pie or a sausage. The plot thickens.

Correction, the plot is about a silly sausage.
splender5 m ago

Correction, the plot is about a silly sausage.

So is the sausage just being used as a euphemism for your VW as its an old banger?
splender28 m ago

Stop pinching my words.
splender1 h, 33 m ago

No, you are wrong. You read the text again "has been found in a charger" …No, you are wrong. You read the text again "has been found in a charger" in conjunction with the foregoing "finding its way into a charger component". You would be silly to claim "confirm the source of the cadmium". You have jumped into a false claim "confirm the source" when no one else did. Your assertion would be laughed at by any investigator. The cadmium could have been put there by someone in the long supply chain.

It’s there in the link that it has been found in a charger supplied to the group, they halted production until they could source a new part, they now have. I don’t see how you don’t understand this. What do you think it is a coverup? They then go on to say how it is housed and how much it contained. Short of naming the component in the article I don’t see how you think it’s a lie they are not saying it’s got there by chance
Edited by: "Dannyrobbo" 7th Aug
Dannyrobbo27 m ago

It’s there in the link that it has been found in a charger supplied to the …It’s there in the link that it has been found in a charger supplied to the group, they halted production until they could source a new part, they now have. I don’t see how you don’t understand this. What do you think it is a coverup? They then go on to say how it is housed and how much it contained. Short of naming the component in the article I don’t see how you think it’s a lie they are not saying it’s got there by chance

You are spinning off on a tangent, allow me to quote what you did wrong, you said "in the supplied link and it does also confirm the source of the cadmium it’s not a lie they fully brief it in the link you didn’t read."

The text says "has been found in a charger supplied to the group". It is a quantum leap from "had been found" to you claiming "confirm the source". I think your misunderstanding could be due to the word "source" (in the context of a long supply chain involving many people ).

Additionally, my point was that cadmium does not find its way from A to B without human beings involved, which you also misunderstood.
I fancy sausage and mash now.
splender52 m ago

You are spinning off on a tangent, allow me to quote what you did wrong, …You are spinning off on a tangent, allow me to quote what you did wrong, you said "in the supplied link and it does also confirm the source of the cadmium it’s not a lie they fully brief it in the link you didn’t read."The text says "has been found in a charger supplied to the group". It is a quantum leap from "had been found" to you claiming "confirm the source". I think your misunderstanding could be due to the word "source" (in the context of a long supply chain involving many people ).Additionally, my point was that cadmium does not find its way from A to B without human beings involved, which you also misunderstood.

Mot has not found its way has it, the source is known it has been Produced with cadmium from day 1, the part is not referenced in the article.

i think you are confused and are thinking it has been contaminated during the supply chain like tainted meat, it has been produced with it in. I will add that cadmium in any car has only been banned for a little over 3 years and most of these production model designs predate this change in law.
Dannyrobbo28 m ago

Mot has not found its way has it, the source is known it has been Produced …Mot has not found its way has it, the source is known it has been Produced with cadmium from day 1, the part is not referenced in the article.i think you are confused and are thinking it has been contaminated during the supply chain like tainted meat, it has been produced with it in. I will add that cadmium in any car has only been banned for a little over 3 years and most of these production model designs predate this change in law.

One thing at a time, before we discuss your next fresh claims, which are suspect.

Do you accept that you made a false statement about the linked article "confirm the source" and that you have no fact to back up what you stated? If you have a credible link, provide this now, thank you.
deeky1 h, 11 m ago

I shall not do anytthing, sasuage and mash will be finding its way to your dining table.
splender38 m ago

One thing at a time, before we discuss your next fresh claims, which are …One thing at a time, before we discuss your next fresh claims, which are suspect.Do you accept that you made a false statement about the linked article "confirm the source" and that you have no fact to back up what you stated? If you have a credible link, provide this now, thank you.

It is in the charger within a sealed housing as stated in the article. Now I do not work for VW but I am very familiar with component electronics. The parts they are using within the relays that form part of the charging circuit. Prior to the ban pretty much every relay contained cadmium and aa batteries that are Nicd contain more than the amount in these relays. Since the charger predates the ban and cars are sold globally (eg USA doesn’t ban them) and was never upreved.

Here is a link that discusses the relay componentsin slightly more detail(Link) (Link1)

here is a little more info about the ban on cadmium relays and alternatives (Link) (Link1)

Look I get it, you read the title and jumped the gun without reading on to where it says it is located in a solid housing and they are now using a new part that no longer contains this cadmium containing part.
Dannyrobbo1 h, 58 m ago

It is in the charger within a sealed housing as stated in the article. …It is in the charger within a sealed housing as stated in the article. Now I do not work for VW but I am very familiar with component electronics. The parts they are using within the relays that form part of the charging circuit. Prior to the ban pretty much every relay contained cadmium and aa batteries that are Nicd contain more than the amount in these relays. Since the charger predates the ban and cars are sold globally (eg USA doesn’t ban them) and was never upreved.Here is a link that discusses the relay componentsin slightly more detail(Link) (Link1)here is a little more info about the ban on cadmium relays and alternatives (Link) (Link1)Look I get it, you read the title and jumped the gun without reading on to where it says it is located in a solid housing and they are now using a new part that no longer contains this cadmium containing part.

OK, with additional details from the links.

The source object of the cadmium is in a relay that is housed in the charger inside the battery.

We have been talking possibly at cross purposes: source object (you) versus source person who made it (me).

I said the offending stuff did not find its way there, someone (source person) had put cadmium there.
Whereas you said the source object was the relay, which I did not and do not doubt.

Therefore, it is confirmed the source object is the relay but unconfirmed as to who was the source person.
The relay could have been bought in as ready-made component and soldered on the circuit board.
I'm sticking with Alfa Romeo as a brand.

Im not into sausages or fists.
splender56 m ago

OK, with additional details from the links. The source object of the …OK, with additional details from the links. The source object of the cadmium is in a relay that is housed in the charger inside the battery. We have been talking possibly at cross purposes: source object (you) versus source person who made it (me).I said the offending stuff did not find its way there, someone (source person) had put cadmium there.Whereas you said the source object was the relay, which I did not and do not doubt. Therefore, it is confirmed the source object is the relay but unconfirmed as to who was the source person.The relay could have been bought in as ready-made component and soldered on the circuit board.

No you are still not really understanding, the relays of course are ready made and the supplier who supplies them have not yet been named. Call it sloppy journalism then for the title, but I think it’s clear in the article that it’s a component within the device put there by design and not from a bad batch given the age ranges of the affected cars

i guess we will have to agree to disagree.
airfix29 m ago

Im not into sausages or fists.

Not what I heard.
deeky4 h, 44 m ago

It is wurst than I thought.
fanpages2 m ago

It is wurst than I thought.

34636713-28E5f.jpg
Dannyrobbo1 h, 8 m ago

No you are still not really understanding, the relays of course are ready …No you are still not really understanding, the relays of course are ready made and the supplier who supplies them have not yet been named. Call it sloppy journalism then for the title, but I think it’s clear in the article that it’s a component within the device put there by design and not from a bad batch given the age ranges of the affected carsi guess we will have to agree to disagree.

I don't know how you can make this allegation about understanding. You have made a lot of manufacturing design and fabrication decisions on behalf of VW.

I am out of this, you are the wiener, othewise you dig yourself more porkies. But you feel free to find the porky finding its way to your head.

Jesus, all I said was it was a lie that the cadmium did not find its way to be inside a charger, someone put it in there. You fabricated the rest on behalf of VW and the reporter.
splender4 h, 18 m ago

I don't know how you can make this allegation about understanding. You …I don't know how you can make this allegation about understanding. You have made a lot of manufacturing design and fabrication decisions on behalf of VW.I am out of this, you are the wiener, othewise you dig yourself more porkies. But you feel free to find the porky finding its way to your head. Jesus, all I said was it was a lie that the cadmium did not find its way to be inside a charger, someone put it in there. You fabricated the rest on behalf of VW and the reporter.

I take it you're an English speaker who has been to school. Have you never heard of a figure of speech?
splender11 h, 4 m ago

I don't know how you can make this allegation about understanding. You …I don't know how you can make this allegation about understanding. You have made a lot of manufacturing design and fabrication decisions on behalf of VW.I am out of this, you are the wiener, othewise you dig yourself more porkies. But you feel free to find the porky finding its way to your head. Jesus, all I said was it was a lie that the cadmium did not find its way to be inside a charger, someone put it in there. You fabricated the rest on behalf of VW and the reporter.

You did not know what the part was and you clearly know very little about the subject. You have hung onto a line from an article without reading the rest of it.

also porkies from me are you kidding, because you didn’t know the component you asked me to share a source where it’s listed I did you didn’t think it was in the public domain.

Your grasp on the English language might be very good but from Your first comment you clearly can’t have read the article in full you just hung to the title or just not understood it, because I don’t know anybody that could have read the whole article and considered it a lie or an accident it got there. That’s how we got here and you have done nothing but try to call out lies you think I have said even when I provided the links you smugly thought I couldn’t
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions