Groups

More Zavvi stores to close today.

The full list of stores closed are:

Birmingham Units MSU2 & U17, Pavilion Central, 27-38 High Street, Birmingham, B4 7SL

Bromley Units 200 & 1A, The Glades, BROMLEY, Kent, BR1 1DN

Canterbury 15a The Whitefriars Centre, 4 Gravel Walk, CANTERBURY, Kent, CT1 2TF

Colchester, 27-30 The Culver Precinct, COLCHESTER, Essex, CO1 1WF

East Kilbride, 8-10 Princes Square., East Kilbride Shopping Centre, EAST KILBRIDE, G74 1LS

Exeter, SU 20/21, Princesshay Shopping Centre, 10 & 11 Princesshay, EXETER, EX1 1GE

Ipswich 15-19 Westgate Street, IPSWICH, Suffolk, IP1 3DR

Kensington, 62-70 Kensington High Street, LONDON, W8 4PE

Kings Road G15, Kings Walk Shopping Mall, Kings Road, Chelsea, LONDON, SW3 4TR

Merryhill Unit L, 100 Merry Hill Centre, DUDLEY, West Midlands, DY5 1SY

Newcastle Monument Mall, 15-21 Northumberland Street, NEWCASTLE, Tyne And Wear, NE1 7AE

Norwich Unit LS1, Castle Mall, White Lion Gate, NORWICH, Norfolk, NR1 3DD

Oxford Unit B, 13-20 Cornmarket Street, OXFORD, Oxfordshire, OX1 3EY

Stirling, LSU, 1 Marches Mall, Thistle Marches, STIRLING, FK8 2EA

Taunton 27 Fore Street, TAUNTON, Somerset, TA1 1JQ

I know they are over priced and stuff, but it is a shame for all those people who work there to be losing their jobs.

Might have to take a trip in to town today though and see if I can vulture anything though

Mike..

16 Comments

Mine has been closed for a few weeks now, I thought the sale was pretty rubbish tbh, although I didn't go on the last day

canterbury is my nearest one... so if i go down there today will they have reduced stuff right down like woolies? :?

cheerleader;4219212

canterbury is my nearest one... so if i go down there today will they … canterbury is my nearest one... so if i go down there today will they have reduced stuff right down like woolies? :?

The stock left over in these branches will probably get moved to the last remaining stores.

It will then be marked-up in price ready for a 20-25% discount to bring the prices back down to expensive (still).

If you do find some bargains though, well done.

BFN,

fp.

fanpages;4219350

The stock left over in these branches will probably get moved to the last … The stock left over in these branches will probably get moved to the last remaining stores.It will then be marked-up in price ready for a 20-25% discount to bring the prices back down to expensive (still).If you do find some bargains though, well done.BFN,fp.

thanks :thumbsup: don't think i'll bother then... traffic & parking in canterbury is a nightmare :whistling:

cheerleader;4219370

thanks :thumbsup: don't think i'll bother then... traffic & parking in … thanks :thumbsup: don't think i'll bother then... traffic & parking in canterbury is a nightmare :whistling:

I have no inside knowledge; I am just relaying what I have seen personally & heard from others regarding the other branch closures.

You'll probably find if any real bargains exist somebody will post a deal here (at HotUKDeals) anyway.

BFN,

fp.

Seems like they are pulling out of the larger stores. Surprised to see Birmingham and Merry Hill on there, although Birmingham are competiting with a just as big HMV 10 metres away.

highguyuk;4220287

Seems like they are pulling out of the larger stores. Surprised to see … Seems like they are pulling out of the larger stores. Surprised to see Birmingham and Merry Hill on there, although Birmingham are competiting with a just as big HMV 10 metres away.

Maybe HMV have already bought that branch.

Or maybe, the bigger stores are closing because all their stock is exhausted (as people will go to the bigger stores first to find bigger bargains).

Either way... HMV is moving closing to high street domination of music & video entertainment products (if you ignore W.H. Smith & Sons & the supermarkets).

Why is there only one Monopolies & Mergers Commission?

BFN,

fp.

has anyone been in to any of these stores today? :?

Reading store still appears very well stocked - you would never know it was due to close down :whistling: Did pick up a copy of the Matrix Trilogy for £8 though, albeit sleeveless.

Reading as in berkshire?

The stores which were closed today just didnt open. The administrators wait for the staff to arrive in the morning and are then told they are made redundunt, they are then given 2 days to empty the store of everything, stock,paperwork, equipment etc and then it is shipped to a designated storei n the region.
    So there is no point going to the store to pick up your bargain!! It aint going to happen.

How do i know this, i work for Zavvi bristol, which is still open, and waiting on death row.

clublasanta;4226301

The stores which were closed today just didnt open. The administrators … The stores which were closed today just didnt open. The administrators wait for the staff to arrive in the morning and are then told they are made redundunt, they are then given 2 days to empty the store of everything, stock,paperwork, equipment etc and then it is shipped to a designated storei n the region.So there is no point going to the store to pick up your bargain!! It aint going to happen.How do i know this, i work for Zavvi bristol, which is still open, and waiting on death row.

So they close the biggest stores, because they have the most stock to ship around the rest of the company?

You still getting stock in from suppliers?

clublasanta;4226301

The stores which were closed today just didnt open. The administrators … The stores which were closed today just didnt open. The administrators wait for the staff to arrive in the morning and are then told they are made redundunt, they are then given 2 days to empty the store of everything, stock,paperwork, equipment etc and then it is shipped to a designated storei n the region.So there is no point going to the store to pick up your bargain!! It aint going to happen.How do i know this, i work for Zavvi bristol, which is still open, and waiting on death row.

Brutal. I suppose the one perk is that you get to work with your mates one last time, and you're not all just getting phonecalls in the morning telling you not to turn up. Seems a pretty insulting final couple of shifts, though :-(

NME had a list of redundancies up earlier. Ran like this -

Birmingham, 29
    Bromley, 28
    Canterbury, 13
    Colchester, 17
    East Kilbride, 7
    Exeter, 28
    Ipswich, 17
    Kensington, London, 15
    Kings Road, London, 23
    Merry Hill, 21
    Newcastle, 31
    Norwich, 25
    Oxford, 16
    Stirling, 8
    Taunton, 17

S'not good.

Damn. Was gonna see if I could get any more microsoft points. Saved me a trip I guess

clublasanta;4226301

How do i know this, i work for Zavvi bristol, which is still open, and … How do i know this, i work for Zavvi bristol, which is still open, and waiting on death row.

We still have 3 Zavvi's open in Bristol, 1 in the galleries 1 in cabot circus and 1 at the mall. Any ideas when the next sale increase will start?

oh man - just harsh. I went to the kensington branch a day before it closed looking for a bluray that was marked down there. The people there were very helpful, and even cheerful, and one guy helped me track down another item at a different store on their system so i could get what i needed. I figured they must be ok since the more regional stores were already shut. Totally didnt know they would be shut down the next day, neither did they.

I wonder when the next - final - mark downs will happen in the last remainng BIG high street store in London / Tottenham court? or will they all just shut down overnight without any notice. HAving been tot he big one in oxford street there is loads of stock stacked up there waiting for something to happen with it. but what?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553770
      2. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?58
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767186
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826348

See more discussions