morgage broker or direct via bank? which is easier process and better (wife on maternity leave)

7 replies
Found 9th Oct 2016
is it easier going to a bank you bank with? or a morgage broker to all the legwork
and if wife is on maternity leave, would a letter from employer be suffice detailing return/salary etc

first time buyers

thanks

1. Ask
  2. Maternity
7 Comments

broker much better from my experience

Did it myself this year direct with lender.

Very simple process - fill in online application. and post them any documents they ask for.

Done.

Was the least stressful part of buying the house.

Check yourself direct, then check with a couple of brokers as they sometimes have access to deals than are not generally available.

I do it myself. Search "London mortgage brokers" if you want a free comparison of rates out there.

Check the London and country website. Free brokers recommend on moneysaving expert.com

I used which? initially but then realised I could do everything myself. part of the learning process to go it alone and saves you money

What always amazes me is that when people are looking for car insurance that costs £300 a year they check a comparison website that checks hundreds of companies.

When they spend £800 per month on a mortgage they go straight to their bank.

See a broker and go to you bank/check a few direct. The difference could be hundreds of pounds a month for you.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game74244871
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322826
    3. Misco about to go into administration912
    4. Add one, leave one game54315392

See more discussions