Found 12th Nov 2009
Positively tropical this morning ... 10ºC (and for those who CBA and DKH .. 50ºF) the roads were dry and idiot free.
Heading East here was a pinprick of light towards the raising sun, don't think it could be a star ... are there any HUKD stargazers who could shed any light (geddit) on this phenomenon?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
7 Comments

Good Morning .
Dull and damp at Durham.

sorry I don't know anything about stars.

Install stellarium, it's a great planetarium program get it free at stellarium.org/

The star you can see is probably Venus, it should be approx 120 degrees from North and about 10 degrees above the horizon.

Banned

It could have been suicide jockey on motorbike heading your way on full beam

Venus is near the horizon but can be seen in dark skies, Mercury can be seen closer to the sun, but only near dawn, because otherwise the sun's light obscures it.

I had the joy of studying astronomy at Uni.... thank Keele for making it's students have a wide foundation of modules from other subjects! I also did Jazz and classical mythology..........for a Psych/English degree.........lol

Hello Mike What's your fascination with farenheit for??

Ive had a good day so far. My son is realllllllllllly peeved my new printer is a wireless one " I'm NOT having a wireless printer on the internet connection!!" I had the fun of pointing out who pays for his internet connection....lol I'm assuming it has something to do with slowing down hisMW2.......lol

Then I said "Morning luv" to my 15yr old daughter who replied...."OMG I'm NOT THREE" so yup.... it's a good morning

Original Poster

pugw$sh;6864066

Install stellarium, it's a great planetarium program get it free at … Install stellarium, it's a great planetarium program get it free at http://www.stellarium.org/The star you can see is probably Venus, it should be approx 120 degrees from North and about 10 degrees above the horizon.

Thanks for the link ...I shall be a astronomy expert tomorrow :w00t:

goldmax;6864105

It could have been suicide jockey on motorbike heading your way on full … It could have been suicide jockey on motorbike heading your way on full beam

Your probably right, never thought of that :w00t:

ClarityofMind;6864143

Hello Mike What's your fascination with farenheit for??

Fahrenheit always sound a lot warmer to me

The sun is out in MANC oh yes indeedy!!!!!!!

I don't believe it either,but it's true yay!!!

MikeL;6864389

Thanks for the link ...I shall be a astronomy expert tomorrow :w00t:Your … Thanks for the link ...I shall be a astronomy expert tomorrow :w00t:Your probably right, never thought of that :w00t:Fahrenheit always sound a lot warmer to me

lol @ Farenheit sounding warmer!!! xxx
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition57587
    2. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!44
    3. Free money and competition entry @ Circle813
    4. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums22

See more discussions