Morrison’s

Found 4th Jul
Meal deals have gone up 16%!! No justification or warning. Boycott!!
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
More concerned that your username is acceptable than 50p on a meal deal.
35 Comments
I suppose they are not obliged to offer meal deals in the first place.
Their salad tubs are still exceptional value in the meal deal. I reckon I could squeeze a rhino into one of those tubs.
You would expect a warning for a supermarket price change, happens at all supermarkets doesn't it?
Noticed this yesterday so called the girl over on self serv to ask why it was £7 for two instead of £6.00. She just replied they went up on Monday to £3.50. Bit if a steep price increase but as my OH says its still cheap, not the point though is it? I did make sure I enjoyed my extra 50p increase though, I chewed my salad a little bit longer and licked the caramel off the biscuit wrapper.
My favourite rolls in Tesco went up from 79p to 85p this morning. I saw Ben & Jerry’s I’ve Cream for £5.99 in Asda the other week.
Who do I address my letters of complaint to? I’d expect at least 30 days notice in future.
@gingeminge

"Morrison’s... Meal deals have gone up 16%!! No justification or warning. Boycott!!?"

* Morrisons

Warning from 2 days ago:

[ dailystar.co.uk/new…ews ]

34236659-zcATz.jpg
@gingeminge

I take it you would be outraged, if meal deals were priced at £7 and are made by taxpayers as employees, ingredients grown and delivered by those,

who contribute enough income tax to run public services, without needing benefits,

and to have enough left to save into a pension scheme so they live independently at old age.
If you haven't noticed OP, we live in a capitalist society, so no justification required other than, "we aren't making enough margin on meal deals so bump up the price". What can get away with? 25%, nah lets go with 16% for now.
MrSprkle21 m ago

Good deal with a lunch.
Edited by: "splender" 4th Jul
psychobitchfromhell5 h, 24 m ago

Their salad tubs are still exceptional value in the meal deal. I reckon I …Their salad tubs are still exceptional value in the meal deal. I reckon I could squeeze a rhino into one of those tubs.

+1 The large salad boxes from Morrisons used to get me through a day at Uni and much better value than meal deals.

Half the time you'd be fighting to keep the lid shut from overfilling.
Tbf last time the meal deal was posted at £3 it reached almost 1000° heat, wouldn't get anywhere near that now,
If a company are going to increase prices I'd much rather they do it like this than the sneaky underhand alternative of keeping the price the same but decreasing portion size and hoping you won't notice.
Does anyone else make it their mission to buy the most expensive items and get the best value in a meal deal even if it isn't their first choice sandwich?
summerof768 m ago

Me Too, my comment was deleted

Your comment was probably crude
Boycott? Grow up!
deeky1 h, 40 m ago

Your comment was probably crude

How the op can have that username and when you reply to that username your comments get Deleted again
Edited by: "summerof76" 4th Jul
summerof767 m ago

How the op can have that username and when you reply to that username your …How the op can have that username and when you reply to that username your comments get Deleted again

Let me try...
gingeminge
There's a person with the 'Y word' as part of their username.
Apparently it's acceptable.
Wonder if I should put the 'n word' in my username and see how long it takes for action...
Uranus4th Jul

There's a person with the 'Y word' as part of their username.Apparently …There's a person with the 'Y word' as part of their username.Apparently it's acceptable.Wonder if I should put the 'n word' in my username and see how long it takes for action...

Y word?

You mean...

34245047-m0Mm4.jpg
deeky16 m ago

Let me try...gingeminge

Them upstairs like you deeky so you won't be deleted
summerof761 m ago

Them upstairs like you deeky so you won't be deleted

More people like you than they do me. You're an
Uranus4th Jul

There's a person with the 'Y word' as part of their username.Apparently …There's a person with the 'Y word' as part of their username.Apparently it's acceptable.Wonder if I should put the 'n word' in my username and see how long it takes for action...

must have lead a sheltered life - cant think what the Y-word could be!

...YEASTY?
brilly9 m ago

must have lead a sheltered life - cant think what the Y-word could …must have lead a sheltered life - cant think what the Y-word could be!...YEASTY?

'Y'our wife's...... thingy

(Y)
Edited by: "deeky" 4th Jul
brilly8 m ago

must have lead a sheltered life - cant think what the Y-word could …must have lead a sheltered life - cant think what the Y-word could be!...YEASTY?

We would be rubbish on this tv show brilly

summerof768 m ago

We would be rubbish on this tv show brilly [Image]

deeky18 m ago

'Y'our wife's...... thingy (Y)

wish id not said yeasty now
still dont get it!
i am sure i would never refer to her thingy in any improper manner, certainly not something starting with Y!
edit: *googles* yoni?
https://www.hotukdeals.com/profile/Yoni
has other meanings though?
Edited by: "brilly" 4th Jul
Can you believe how any posts have been deleted from a Morrison’s thread could be a record

no sign of the op again, oops that’s this one deleted
eslick7 m ago

Can you believe how any posts have been deleted from a Morrison’s thread c …Can you believe how any posts have been deleted from a Morrison’s thread could be a record no sign of the op again, oops that’s this one deleted

Maybe op has posted hundreds but they've all been deleted because of the user name. Might post fifty deals and thirty discussions a day and they all get deleted. This post is the exception that proves the rule.
brilly30 m ago

wish id not said yeasty now still dont get it! i am sure i would never …wish id not said yeasty now still dont get it! i am sure i would never refer to her thingy in any improper manner, certainly not something starting with Y!edit: *googles* yoni?https://www.hotukdeals.com/profile/Yonihas other meanings though?

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure the Y nothing to do with a word, just the part of (Y) that's made with the Y Don't ask for further clarification, I'm getting confused myself now
deeky9 m ago

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure the Y nothing to do with a word, just …I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure the Y nothing to do with a word, just the part of (Y) that's made with the Y Don't ask for further clarification, I'm getting confused myself now

Can you please spell it out for us
spoo3 h, 31 m ago

If a company are going to increase prices I'd much rather they do it like …If a company are going to increase prices I'd much rather they do it like this than the sneaky underhand alternative of keeping the price the same but decreasing portion size and hoping you won't notice.

So sneaky that they clearly put the weight of the product on the packaging. Those underhand ********.

People moan regardless.
Edited by: "RossD89" 4th Jul
psychobitchfromhell36 m ago

Maybe op has posted hundreds but they've all been deleted because of the …Maybe op has posted hundreds but they've all been deleted because of the user name. Might post fifty deals and thirty discussions a day and they all get deleted. This post is the exception that proves the rule.

Don’t think so no body complained about it but don’t think I am allowed to say that. Delete
RossD892 h, 38 m ago

So sneaky that they clearly put the weight of the product on the …So sneaky that they clearly put the weight of the product on the packaging. Those underhand ********.People moan regardless.

As most people aren't in the habit of both memorising the weight of every item they buy and re-checking said weights with each purchase, yes it is underhand.
spoo12 m ago

As most people aren't in the habit of both memorising the weight of every …As most people aren't in the habit of both memorising the weight of every item they buy and re-checking said weights with each purchase, yes it is underhand.

It's not, but moan away
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants