Morrisons Disabled Parking

Posted 29th Feb
My local Morrisons have decided to get rid of three disabled parking bays in favour of Click and Collect

I visit Morrisons twice a week and Morrisons have decided in their wisdom to change three disabled parking spaces to the new Click and Collect bays(only two bays as it seems click and collect are more in need of the space)
At my local store it is already difficult enough to get a disabled bay and this latest move seems to be pushing against the disabled shopper.
Both Tesco stores in my area have Click and Collect without disadvantaging the disabled shopper, why can`t Morrisons have consideration for those shoppers who nee a little help?
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
Why not contact the store direct and raise the concern?
Just use click and collect you can park then.
19 Comments
justanothercid29/02/2020 23:06

I have

But why not share it and let others know the disregard Morrisons have for disabled shoppers who give them business?
MonkeysUncle29/02/2020 23:16

Yeah thanks that helps my disabled parents who like to shop in store and pick their shopping themselves as it helps to show they are still functioning human beings.
Monkeys brains are more logical
Sorry I can't answer your question, I don't work for Morrisons. Maybe you should try and ask them?
rogan179129/02/2020 23:35

Sorry I can't answer your question, I don't work for Morrisons. Maybe you …Sorry I can't answer your question, I don't work for Morrisons. Maybe you should try and ask them?

Maybe you should read the second post?
Blueskinnedbeast29/02/2020 23:44

Maybe you should read the second post?

I've read it. You have asked a question that nobody here can answer.
Shop at Aldi, it's cheaper.
Morrisons in general have gone down hill in my opinion. Our local store, Jarrow have installed these smaller tills with continuously running conveyor belts where you pack your shopping, you usually end up damaging delicate items if you don’t pack quick enough. I know some older people and those not as capable have stopped using the store because of this as they can’t pack quick enough, even I find it stressful.
Aldi
If they not happy shop else where, with more parking for them.. it’s not rocket science. Shops are there to make money and I dare say they will have a lot more customers through click and collect than disabled in the same amount of time..
Bargainhead01/03/2020 10:40

If they not happy shop else where, with more parking for them.. it’s not r …If they not happy shop else where, with more parking for them.. it’s not rocket science. Shops are there to make money and I dare say they will have a lot more customers through click and collect than disabled in the same amount of time..

That's not the point! And what a stinky attitude.
xenophon01/03/2020 10:50

That's not the point! And what a stinky attitude.

How is it stinky, things change for everyone all the time. Morrison’s changed things someone doesn’t like go else where. I don’t think Morrison’s will lose sleep over 2 customers..
Bargainhead01/03/2020 11:02

How is it stinky, things change for everyone all the time. Morrison’s c …How is it stinky, things change for everyone all the time. Morrison’s changed things someone doesn’t like go else where. I don’t think Morrison’s will lose sleep over 2 customers..

It’s a shame that using your theory of change, that disabled people suddenly don’t need to be be disabled anymore. People with disabilities don’t choose to be!!
Edited by: "choccie32" 1st Mar
"im not saying all disabled don’t work, we have a few in my job we have to put up with.."

Jeez, did I say your attitude stinks, understatement.
Bargainhead01/03/2020 12:26

Comment deleted

You could say that and be wrong about a lot of people. I have a child, a job, am a carer and I am also considered disabled. Maybe your prejudice should get its facts right first before making these stupid comments.
And in response to the bed bound comment- you don’t know the nature of the person’s disabilities who has the blue badge. I can assure you the authorities don’t give them out easily.
Edited by: "choccie32" 1st Mar
choccie3201/03/2020 13:07

You could say that and be wrong about a lot of people. I have a child, a …You could say that and be wrong about a lot of people. I have a child, a job, am a carer and I am also considered disabled. Maybe your prejudice should get its facts right first before making these stupid comments. And in response to the bed bound comment- you don’t know the nature of the person’s disabilities who has the blue badge. I can assure you the authorities don’t give them out easily.

im saying things change, if they kept the parking the same just because of disability it would of been positive discrimination.. which is unfair on the click and collect customers. It’s a business..
With respect choccie32 I think you need to step way from this now.
cainer101/03/2020 15:50

Comment deleted

Yep, they've done that to my local Morrisons in Carterton.... and even if you wanted to buy any plants, there was never anyone in the "big green house" to process purchases!
Edited by: "Demon_Eyes" 1st Mar
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants