Morrison’s Eat Fresh

Posted 27th Oct
Been using it for few weeks. Last week decided to let Morrison’s choose meals for us as it said they’d be based on previous orders. Sent all vegan and vegetarian meals! Manager says it’s our own fault for leaving choice to Morrison’s and they must have ran out of all meat and fish products. Refused to do anything about it.. shocking service. It’s not really based on previous orders and your just given what’s left according to the customer service manager. Anyone any idea where to take this further?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
I’m struggling to see the issue here as you got what you ordered.

You ordered a random selection of meals and that’s what Morrison’s provided.

You got the meals right?

You had the option to select the meals you wanted but you chose not too.

Why would you assume the meals would come with meat and fish?

Perhaps the meal came with other ingredients that were in the previous orders like, rice, pasta, vegetables.

You’ll know now in future to select what you enat
Did you also tick the "Stupid customer" box?
18 Comments
what... learn your lesson and move on...
AMaky27/10/2019 21:10

what... learn your lesson and move on...

Compensation nation.

38805996-iguVR.jpg
Last week decided to let Morrison’s choose meals for us as it said they’d be based on previous orders

^this is where you went wrong

Thanks I needed a good laugh.

just don't do it again.
Edited by: "MR1123" 27th Oct
Cannot believe what I just read, wow
@diddly08

"Morrisons... Sent all vegan and vegetarian meals!..."

Why do you consider that bad service?
fanpages27/10/2019 21:45

@diddly08 "Morrisons... Sent all vegan and vegetarian meals!..."Why do you …@diddly08 "Morrisons... Sent all vegan and vegetarian meals!..."Why do you consider that bad service?

I truly thought it had been done in error. They refused to change any and admitted their wording about it being based on previous orders (if you didn’t specifically choose) was actually incorrect.
more fooll you,you can see what they are giving you and buy much cheaper instore or elseware.and why would you let someone else choose what you want to eat?
diddly0827/10/2019 21:48

I truly thought it had been done in error. They refused to change any and …I truly thought it had been done in error. They refused to change any and admitted their wording about it being based on previous orders (if you didn’t specifically choose) was actually incorrect.

OK.

Also, if you did not eat meat (either by choice, or dietary restriction, &/or consume/use any animal products) & they sent something derived from meat then, again, you would have a valid point if you had not actively opted to allow the organisation to select the products for you.

That said; If they admitted it was a fault, & you complained to them directly without success, what are you hoping to achieve here?

Simply find one of their social media channels & state factual information. Do not provide a subjective opinion. Do not fabricate events.Simply relay the conversation you had & wait for the fallout.If nobody from Morrisons contacts you within 24 hours, repeat your message &, if again, you do not receive a response, vote with your virtual feet to another supermarket.
Edited by: "fanpages" 28th Oct
fanpages27/10/2019 22:01

OK. Also, if you did not eat meat (either by choice, or dietary …OK. Also, if you did not eat meat (either by choice, or dietary restriction, &/or consume/use any animal products) & they sent something derived from meat then, again, you would have a valid point if you had not actively opted to allow the organisation to select the products for you. That said; If they admitted it was a fault, & you complained to them directly without success, what are you hoping to achieve here? Simply find one of their social media channels & state factual information. Do not provide a subjective opinion.Do not fabricate events.Simply relay the conversation you had & wait for the fallout.If nobody from Morrisons contacts you within 24 hours, repeat your message &, if again, you do not receive a response, vote with your virtual feet to another supermarket.

Already all done but I believe what the manager said about the advertising being factually incorrect and stating that they had ‘probably’ ran out of meat and fish products means I am quite right in finding out where my complaint should be raised. The manager who stated these facts said he was the most senior person I could speak to ..... now I’m sure someone on here will tell me where I can take this issue further. Yes we have learned our lesson and cancelled our direct debit and no I don’t and can’t get it replaced- some of it is now passed its best date and has been thrown away.
diddly0827/10/2019 22:08

no I don’t and can’t get it replaced- some of it is now passed its best dat …no I don’t and can’t get it replaced- some of it is now passed its best date and has been thrown away.

Are you anti vegetables by choice or by religious reasons (which is still technically a choice but let's not get into that).
diddly0827/10/2019 22:08

Already all done but I believe what the manager said about the advertising …Already all done but I believe what the manager said about the advertising being factually incorrect and stating that they had ‘probably’ ran out of meat and fish products means I am quite right in finding out where my complaint should be raised. The manager who stated these facts said he was the most senior person I could speak to ..... now I’m sure someone on here will tell me where I can take this issue further. Yes we have learned our lesson and cancelled our direct debit and no I don’t and can’t get it replaced- some of it is now passed its best date and has been thrown away.

if false advertising, than you contact advertising body.

or watchdog
I’m struggling to see the issue here as you got what you ordered.

You ordered a random selection of meals and that’s what Morrison’s provided.

You got the meals right?

You had the option to select the meals you wanted but you chose not too.

Why would you assume the meals would come with meat and fish?

Perhaps the meal came with other ingredients that were in the previous orders like, rice, pasta, vegetables.

You’ll know now in future to select what you enat
Did you also tick the "Stupid customer" box?
I don't think you can complain, they didn't state WHO'S previous order your selection would be made from
Morrisons (UK) complaints contacts
  • Visit Customer Services.
  • Email Customer Services on fresh@morrisons.com.
  • Call Online Customer Services on 0345 322 0000.
  • Call Store Customer Services on 0845 611 6111 or 01274 261000.
  • Tweet Morrisons (UK)
  • Watch Morrisons (UK)
  • Follow Morrisons (UK)
  • Follow Morrisons (UK)
Don't listen to the "holier than thous" above. There are 19 recipe suggestions on their eat fresh site and only 3 are lacking meat or fish, so you would expect your order to contain a smattering of dead animals based on your previous orders. They have obviously just fobbed you off with cheap rabbit food.
I'd email them politely stating that you were unhappy with the selection sent to you and also the manager's response to your complaint. Worst case scenario is you'll get a half hearted apology, but why should you feel guilty about making a complaint.
Morrison's were not in the wrong, until the conversation with the manager.

Generally you'd have no proof, and would have to assume that it was picked based on your interests according to Morrison's AI (that you would assume is really bad). However, given the conversation with the manager suggesting this was manually picked, at random (not based on interests) this sounds like a valid basis to complain. All calls should be recorded so there should be proof. Though if Morrison's CS state the manager was incorrect instead of admitting fault, I don't see any way to contest it easily.

I suspect the manager was wrong. It is far more likely that Eat Fresh uses AI to select meals, and given that it is AI from Morrison's it could just be really terrible.
Edited by: "jamie15" 28th Oct
If you want to complain use the proper number not morrisons.

If you have received a product you are not happy with or is incomplete, please let us know asap by contacting us using the form below or calling customer services on 0333 344 2519.
I'm with OP. Disappointing that M could not be more understanding and flexible, although "shocked" is a little dramatic.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants