Morrisons errors

Found 6th Dec 2012
Hi, has anyone else experienced problems with incorrect prices being charged when shopping at Morrisons? After noticing we had been overcharged on a special offer one week, we have been checking our receipts carefully each week, and it is quite common for us to be overcharged. I wonder how many people do not have time to check, or simply can't remember what the shelf ticket said, and are paying too much each week? Even if this is only a pound or two per shop, this would add up to thousands of pounds to the company over a year. Your experiences please.
Community Updates
Misc
20 Comments
Banned
Morrisons is the nearest supermarkwet to me so I shop there alot.I always check my receipt before I leave the store they make lots of mistakes
Yes, very careful when shopping at the Bristol Cribbs Causeway store, been overcharged several times, seems too often to be plain errors, no problems at their other stores
We went to Morrisons recently and were overcharged for Ben & Jerrys ice cream, it was half price on the shelf but we were charged full price at the till. We check receipts carefully now
Yeah I took loads of xbox and ps3 games to the till priced £25 - £30 and the put them through as £0.98 each
dogswotsits

Yes, very careful when shopping at the Bristol Cribbs Causeway store, … Yes, very careful when shopping at the Bristol Cribbs Causeway store, been overcharged several times, seems too often to be plain errors, no problems at their other stores

Eeek, use this store quite a bit. Will be checking from now on, thank you! x
Original Poster
stuartsdog

there all at it asda, tesco ,morrisonsgot to keep your eye on the f**kers … there all at it asda, tesco ,morrisonsgot to keep your eye on the f**kers (_;)

I can't say I have experienced this problem at Saisbury. In fact we often get a voucher as we have paid more than other supermarkets. This seems a more honest approach than Morrisons. Don't get me wrong, I am always refunded, but only after a long, long queue at their understaffed service counter. not really what you want after shopping for a hour!
Aye. Happens every other week at mine. Seaburn branch
tesco are pioneers in this area, every little helps (tesco)
My local sainsburys are notorious for this. Everyone I know has been overcharged there.
Does anyone own up if they are under charged?
Original Poster
paulathompson

Does anyone own up if they are under charged?

Can honestly say I can't ever remember being undercharged, which when you think about it, if these errors are simply mistakes, should happen as often as being overcharged. Makes you wonder if they are all accidental errors.
I guess at the end of the day its down to the individuals who work on the admin departments. If they cantbe bothered then errors occur. Most supermarkets will average 2000 price changes per week, so its inevitable that things will get missed and errors occur. Im sure its not the supermarket making the errors but the member of staff.

Yes backchecks happen but they are probably a one in ten check etc.
I've been charged wrong on my last visits yo Tesco. It is so annoying when it is supposed to be a bargain. It's usually when I've done a large sop so haven't time to check my receipt.
Happens every week at my Morrisons, I always check the receipt as i know i will have been overcharged. I asked the girl on customer service last week why no discount had been applied to the ham I'd bought which was supposed to be 2 for £2? "oh" came the reply after charging me £3.60 "they must have ended the offer early" she shrugged. Class! Not even an apology.
What do you expect? Pay peanuts, you get what you pay for. As has been said, numerous prices changing each day/week. Basically I check my receipts in all stores, and if I have been over charged I recover the money via customer services, if undercharged, carry on and go home. No apologies required from staff, just give me my money! Nothing to get upset about. Lets face it, we all cannot do all things perfect in any job we perform all the time, just ensure you get the right result/resolution.
Tesco, especially express store receipts are notoriously difficult to digest, I think they make it difficult to understand on purpose and they always seem to leave a variety of something off the offers so u get caught out. Last one was the large pack Doritos deal, the Tangy cheese flavour was left out by "accident" and scanned at normal price, it happens so often i think it must be on purpose, for it to happen so often yet never in the shoppers favour

It's the reason why I never use Tesco's for anything more than quick stops nowadays, I always use Asda as they just have low prices all around so even if theres a problem with the offers i'm still getting decent prices on everything else
Edited by: "PittancePincher" 9th Dec 2012
After reading this thread I decided to check my receipts more carefully and on my last two visits I have had to Tesco I have been overcharged both times. I got double the difference but it's still a pain in the backside going to customer service after each shop.
Always issues with Morrisons and Co-op, never had an issue with other supermarkets
Asda give a £2 gift card for errors, sometimes you have to mention it or they'll forget... compensation for wasted time I guess. I've made a tidy profit from Tesco DTD refunds. Morrisons and Sainsbury give nothing and I only shop in those two if there is a special offer on I want, never a full weekly shop.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants