Morrisons fiver voucher wombled

Found 15th Dec 2017
Found one in the car park of my local store. Does anyone know if they need to be used with corresponding more card or if I’m free to use it myself? Ta
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
virgil474 m ago

If you can use it then perhaps you could donate it to a deserving …If you can use it then perhaps you could donate it to a deserving pensioner you see in the car park?!

What does a deserving pensioner look like and how do you know they are more/less deserving than another pensioner, or the OP for that matter?
Bet you wish you hadn't asked now OP.
@Lauraaa has been kind enough to answer op's question.
We're just passing the time ....... until our carers turn up and put us back in our straight jackets
24 Comments
If you can use it then perhaps you could donate it to a deserving pensioner you see in the car park?!
virgil474 m ago

If you can use it then perhaps you could donate it to a deserving …If you can use it then perhaps you could donate it to a deserving pensioner you see in the car park?!

What does a deserving pensioner look like and how do you know they are more/less deserving than another pensioner, or the OP for that matter?
OP is fit enough if they can bend over and pick a coupon up off the floor in this wind ...... ALL pensioners are deserving!
virgil472 m ago

OP is fit enough if they can bend over and pick a coupon up off the floor …OP is fit enough if they can bend over and pick a coupon up off the floor in this wind ...... ALL pensioners are deserving!

Some pensioners may be deserving (some I am sure will not be) - but it is one of the greatest current myths that most pensioners are needy! Pensioners in general have never had it so good!
I offered to pay for a pensioners small shop the other day, as an act of random kindness. Wish I hadn't bothered after the mouthful I was given ranting on about I may be old but I don't need your charity etc...
Op, keep the voucher and see if you can spend it instore. Look at it as a reward for picking up litter.
You can use it on a self serve checkout without a card.
Op, of you want to treat someone deserving, give it to the person who collects all the abandoned trolleys, out in all weathers. Probably the most key person there, who works hard and is often overlooked.
virgil4740 m ago

so would you suggest that the OP approach all old looking people in the car park and ask if they are deserving? they would think the OP was a complete wierdo and report him to the store security!
Lauraaa41 m ago

You can use it on a self serve checkout without a card.

It can be used at the usual checkout also. Just say you left your card at home
Toptrumpet40 m ago

Op, of you want to treat someone deserving, give it to the person who …Op, of you want to treat someone deserving, give it to the person who collects all the abandoned trolleys, out in all weathers. Probably the most key person there, who works hard and is often overlooked.

We'd be lucky if our local asda trolley person would actually do their job! Never is there a small trolley to be had the trolley return sheds are usually spilling trolleys into the middle of the car park and the one at the entrance mostly empty.

And what is it with people not taking the 2 seconds too shove their trolley into the last one and then connect the pound return thing? You see trolleys hanging sideways connected together but not put in correctly.

Maybe I just live in a area full of lazy people.
Jesus christ, how people can contribute to posts in the way they do? It truly baffles me sometimes! I hope OP had a lovely time wandering around a supermarket car park to give this voucher to a random person - that's if they found a 'deserving' one of course. Seriously...
Bet you wish you hadn't asked now OP.
@Lauraaa has been kind enough to answer op's question.
We're just passing the time ....... until our carers turn up and put us back in our straight jackets
Toptrumpet30 m ago

@Lauraaa has been kind enough to answer op's question.We're just passing …@Lauraaa has been kind enough to answer op's question.We're just passing the time ....... until our carers turn up and put us back in our straight jackets

I am fine without the straight jacket
Better put it on... nurse knows best!
mutley111 m ago

I am fine without the straight jacket

Is that statement open to be challenged?
Where's that popcorn gif when you need it?
Van19732 h, 22 m ago

Some pensioners may be deserving (some I am sure will not be) - but it is …Some pensioners may be deserving (some I am sure will not be) - but it is one of the greatest current myths that most pensioners are needy! Pensioners in general have never had it so good!

Agree totally. I wish society would stop all this subsidy based on age, assuming that the young and the old are poor! Age has nothing to do with how affluent (or accessibility to money) someone is.
Ho ho ho merry christmas

The season of goodwill and all that

I agree it would be difficult to find a deserving pensioner and it's up to the OP what they do with said found voucher - they found it and if they took it to a police station (as it has monetary value) I'm guessing the police will just tell the OP to go spend it - very unlikely that someone will report a lost £5 shop voucher

If OP is feeling any guilt then might I suggest maybe buying some foods and placing some into the (can't think of the correct title so here's my best guess) foodbank donation bin

That way both OP and the needy (not sure everyone will agree that every visitor to the local foodbank is needy but that's humanity for you) will benefit.
Edited by: "philphil61" 15th Dec 2017
Use it and donate what u buy to your local food bank. Happy Christmas 🎄
@BobMass
watchya gonna do? Spend it or donate it?
How do you know I’m not a needy pensioner?
From your photo.... obviously.
(note to self - must remember to take my rollers out)
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 15th Dec 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions