Morrisons introduces Individually Wrapped Pick & Mix

Posted 23rd May
Important. This deal is not a guarantee there will be any stock in the store, so please don’t make a trip you wouldn’t have made otherwise just for this item. Please shop responsibly and continue to help slow the spread of Covid-19.

I was shopping yesterday and saw the Candy King Pick & Mix stand had reopened with individually wrapped Pick & Mix bags. Instead of choosing individual peaces of candy, you will instead have to choose individually wrapped bags to place in your Pick & Mix cup or weighed bag. Most of the favourites are still there such as Vanilla Fudge, White Mice, Rainbow Wheels etc but there's some new candy options too. The new options include Cadbury Heroes individually wrapped, Roses individually wrapped and Quality Street individually wrapped

Prices remain the same per cup and weighed bag and only one person is allowed at the "Candy King Pick & Mix Station" at a time

This was in my nearest store and I have no idea if this has rolled out to all stores yet

I didn't get any, but I'm just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on this. Please, comment what you think below 👇
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
What a waste of plastic

I thought we were trying to move away from single use plastics.
5 Comments
They should adjust their price to accommodate the weight of the individual bags
winzzz23/05/2020 10:52

They should adjust their price to accommodate the weight of the individual …They should adjust their price to accommodate the weight of the individual bags

I get what you mean. However, I did notice the individually wrapped bags have the weight mentioned on them, so it is a little easier to estimate how much you will pay overall. Unfortunately Morrisons doesn't do the weighing scales for Pick & Mix like Wilko does
What a waste of plastic

I thought we were trying to move away from single use plastics.
A very expensive way of buying what really are cheap sweets.
FFS. Plastic, plastic, plastic....
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions