Groups

Morrisons Nappies Gave one year old Chemical burns?

Editor
    According to several news articles Morrisons Little Big Stretchi-Fit nappies caused chemical burns to a baby's bottom. The affected area had no skin and was bleeding.

Morrisons told the parents that there was nothing that could be done as they use the ingredient/chemical in several other products (Presumably without issue) Obviously the parent would like to know which chemical/ingredient may have caused this, in order to save this happening again, although has had no luck identifying it so far.

No idea if it could be an allergy, or something that needs looking into. As it stands there is nothing to be done as of yet.

A Morrisons representative stated : 'We take the safety of our nappies extremely seriously and ours contain materials that are tested carefully to make sure they don't harm babies.
    'Unfortunately, the customer has not been able to return their nappy so we can't investigate it further but we can confirm no other customers experienced problems at the same time.'

Also

'Unfortunately, the customer has not been able to return their nappy so we can't investigate it further but we can confirm no other customers experienced problems at the same time.'

Source - mirror.co.uk/new…445

16 Comments

We recently started using these nappies for my 2year old and 8 month old boys and have noticed rashes my 8 months bum was to the point it was bleeding a lot but it wasn't the stretchy fit ones just the normal ones

Original Poster Editor

Toni96

We recently started using these nappies for my 2year old and 8 month old … We recently started using these nappies for my 2year old and 8 month old boys and have noticed rashes my 8 months bum was to the point it was bleeding a lot but it wasn't the stretchy fit ones just the normal ones

Oh no, did you let let Morrisons know? Sounds awful!

Edited by: "NeoTrix" 22nd Aug 2016

These nappies caused a burn on my newborn. She was very sore and screamed during nappy changes. I still have these nappies in my boot. At the time I assumed it was an allergic reaction or nappy rash, but she has had no problems since I stopped using the nappies.

We bought a emergency pack of size 2s and my 16week old has had horrific redness an what looked like raw skin on some bits. Never again.

My son had a reaction from morrisons nappies, I complained and sent them back for testing and surprise surprise they said they was fine.... Full of crap

My daughter never had problems with these nappies however aldi and tesco ones she always had a reaction to them. The tesco ones left her so sore she screamed for ages. I believe each child is different when it comes to nappies though as my niece has never had a problem with aldi nappies.

Hi I used these regular on my baby now toddler and she ad same Redness on bum n top leg were elastic was thought was just nappies the rash now I know it was more will.not use them.

I used morrisons once on my 12 month old and noticed redness/rash and a blister so stopped using them and would never use them again!

yikes..reading the reviews here, Hope Morrisons and others can find the cause.

My little girl has recently started getting a sore bum, and recently started using some of these nappies (5+) as they seem to have better absorbancy , but this had started before we switched from pampers. And had been using pampers for 14 months previously without any problems

I have had the same thing with Wilkinson nappies the complaint team have been useless too!! been emailing me I sent batch number left over in used nappies back all I keep getting is they are still testing them been nearly 2 months!!

Use them all the time had no problems intact were best I've used

My son used to get this from Huggies Little Swimmers years ago..

Donna2912

I complained and sent them back for testing and surprise surprise they … I complained and sent them back for testing and surprise surprise they said they was fine.... Full of crap

You sent used ones for testing?

We had the same issue with Asda's own brand on our son when he was about 6 months old.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Did you know?2951
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2336
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66

See more discussions