Morrisons' new delivery service issues

Posted 22nd May
I received an email back in April that from May 16th onwards my grocery will be picked and delivered from a near by local store. I am guessing it was earlier being arranged from some distribution centre. On May 16th, the website was updated and everything seems to be fine. Yesterday morning between 8:00 and 9:00 AM was my first scheduled delivery with the new service. Usually at least couple of hours before the delivery, I will receive email receipt with details of missed and substituted items. I did not receive any emails until 8 AM. I waited until 9 AM and still no sign of my delivery. I called the customer care around 9:30 and they were not able to find out what's happening. No one had a clue. By that time I was planning to step out and get my groceries. Around 9:50, I got an email saying that my order will be delivered between 8 and 9 AM

Around 10:15, my order was delivered in a white coloured van. No apologies offered. Nothing. Usually I have at most 1-2 substitutes or missed items but this time around 7 items were missing and 5 items missing out of 36 items ordered. Also find that the range of products are significantly reduced with the new service and early morning delivery time now starts at 8 AM down from 6 AM.

Have you faced any similar issues with Morrisons delivery?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
No
Yes 100%. Waited for years to get Morrisons delivery at me address. They started in October from a local large out of town store and im about 8 miles away.

Every single delivery there is things missing, 30% substitutes which you have to pay oay for if they are more expensive by the way unlike other stores who take the hit themselves. The drivers turn up hours late and trying to get a refund fkr damaged or poor quality/missing items is a laborious task of contacting them via social media with every little detail other than your inside leg measurement in order for them to process a refund within 10 days.

This was all before the virus, now they are even more abysmal and after the last delivery a few weeks ago where i had £129 ordered and only £58 of stuff came im done with them. They cant handle the delivery service and waited far too long to implement it anck in the day.

Their website for ordering is terrible as is their app and like you say, most of the store is missing from being able to purchase online.

Asda however - impeccable over the last few months.

Rant over. Hope I answered you.
On compiling the order, I've found that they are apparently OOS of some of most basic items that surely they would have in store - onions, eggs, spuds included. Same goes for Click and collect. Frustrating and enough to put me off bothering.
I think orders for Morrisons delivery service in England are picked from a warehouse type store (no customers instore), so they could well be out of stock of many items found instore.

In Scotland, the online orders are picked from proper stores.
My substitutions haven’t been too bad but does anyone know if there is a way to say no substitutions? I’ve looked everywhere on the site.
Annabelle240622/05/2020 15:13

My substitutions haven’t been too bad but does anyone know if there is a w …My substitutions haven’t been too bad but does anyone know if there is a way to say no substitutions? I’ve looked everywhere on the site.

I was also looking for the same thing. I couldn't find it.
Another change that I noticed that the old site had an option to request for a refund but the new website does not have it.
ran123ran22/05/2020 15:13

I think orders for Morrisons delivery service in England are picked from a …I think orders for Morrisons delivery service in England are picked from a warehouse type store (no customers instore), so they could well be out of stock of many items found instore.In Scotland, the online orders are picked from proper stores.

In England, they are changing it now. Mine changed last week.
jkcool22/05/2020 15:17

I was also looking for the same thing. I couldn't find it. Another change …I was also looking for the same thing. I couldn't find it. Another change that I noticed that the old site had an option to request for a refund but the new website does not have it.

It’s a pain isn’t it. It does let you refund but you only have 24 hours to do it which is a bit silly.
I don't know why anyone shops at Morrisons. They aren't cheap, their stuff isn't particulary good nor is their service.
We had our first delivery with them last week, the driver turned up around midnight, after phoning to see if we still wanted it as the slot was supposed to be 10 - 11pm. No meat, quite a few items out of stock,several substitutes, three I returned. Can't complain too much because at least I got a delivery, I had been using Tesco, but when they changed their system they made it impossible for us to get a slot for a few weeks, and Sainsbury's stupid registration system still rejects my father's email address as "already taken" even though they invited him to register as a vulnerable person using that email address, and I'd rung them up to try to get it sorted.

15 products missing (about 24 items) from my order last night.
Edited by: "melted" 23rd May
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions