Groups

Morrisons shortened an offer expiry date

Hi

I'm trying to find out whether a product on offer in a supermarket which shows an expiry date on the display merchandise can be shortened? Isn't this misrepresentation?

Morrisons had an offer on a product, which I knew originally said expires on 27th April 2010. I purchased 24 of the product on 20th April expecting to pay £4. I got charged £8 (3 for £1 instead of 12 for £2 as per original advertised offer) and had to go to customer service desk to be refunded. Though I hadn't checked the signs by the product yesterday, I had checked out the expiry date 2 weeks ago.

This website confirmed my suspicions that the original offer did say until 27th April 2010. My local Morrisons said the offer I had seen ended on Sunday 19th April 2010.

They have changed it from the original instore advertised promotion

Can they do this?

hotukdeals.com/ite…r-1

Would appreciate some advice as am gutted not to get my favourite yoghurt at the offer price I was expecting, but more importantly why advertise an actual expiry date if they don't stick to it. They may as well just put 'whilst stocks last'

3 Comments

They hold the right to with draw any offer at any time. I would use the expiry deadlines as a rough date in future if I was you.

Original Poster

Thanks for that. I shall learn from my mistake. I guess they were selling too many at that price without making a profit

andyat2002;8419629

They hold the right to with draw any offer at any time. I would use the … They hold the right to with draw any offer at any time. I would use the expiry deadlines as a rough date in future if I was you.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This.

Pretty much every offer has small print i'm afraid.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp12
      2. What is there free to do in your town?37
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …278966
      4. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1635

See more discussions