Morrisons/Tesco stores false alarm security scanners

Posted 20th Dec 2019Edited by:"pateo"
Anyone else in last few months having security scanners going off when going into and out of store both Morrisons (Belle vale) and Tesco (Liverpool one) both in Liverpool? I've isolated that it's my debit or credit cards that are triggering the scanners! Every time I'm toing and froing sometimes upto 4/5 time's within hour or so. It's a big pita to say the least! So annoying,embrassing, frustrating and downright inconvenient everytime got the security guy's asking to look in my bags etc .
Also lots of other customers having same issue! Security guy's like a headless chicken, it's a total joke, that's wearing thin . I've spoken with Morrisons and Tesco customer service both said last week that they apologized and will get it sorted out! Phoned Morrisons again today they put me on hold and apparently spoke with store manager who's reply was "scanners just over senseative” CS guy then said is there anything else I can help you with today. Wtf! I said so that's your answer. He replies yes and just apologized! I just hung up I wouldn't go to either Tesco or Morrisons if I didn't have to but there only local stores!
Community Updates

Groups

24 Comments
Last time a small peice of paper like thing was left between the sole of my shoe and the fabric and that souls always trigger alarms which I then investigated and found it was my shoes causing the issue. (And no for the trolls I didnt steal the shoes )
Are you sure that it's your debit or credit cards that are triggering the scanners? If that's the case then maybe try a cheap RFID blocking wallet or card holder? But I wouldn't be surprised though if it were some kind of old security tag somwhere else, such as in a bag or your coat pocket, that could be triggering them.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 20th Dec 2019
Liverpool says it all
Probably alerting the people of Liverpool that you have a debit card on you!
TheAppleGeezer20/12/2019 20:22

Probably alerting the people of Liverpool that you have a debit card on …Probably alerting the people of Liverpool that you have a debit card on you!

Which isn’t theirs
I think they go off everytime someone pays for their shopping in Liverpool.
deals6920/12/2019 20:14

Last time a small peice of paper like thing was left between the sole of …Last time a small peice of paper like thing was left between the sole of my shoe and the fabric and that souls always trigger alarms which I then investigated and found it was my shoes causing the issue. (And no for the trolls I didnt steal the shoes )

This!!

My son got new shoes from JD and everytime he crosses supermarket doorways the go crazy. Doesn't tend to happen anywhere else. Maybe a frequency thing for the tags on the meat??
Haircut_10020/12/2019 20:16

Are you sure that it's your debit or credit cards that are triggering the …Are you sure that it's your debit or credit cards that are triggering the scanners?...

Nah, it'll be the facial recognition system. Tesco and Morrisons share the same data source.
AndyRoyd20/12/2019 20:54

Nah, it'll be the facial recognition system.

Edited by: "Haircut_100" 20th Dec 2019
360finder20/12/2019 20:48

This!!My son got new shoes from JD and everytime he crosses supermarket …This!!My son got new shoes from JD and everytime he crosses supermarket doorways the go crazy. Doesn't tend to happen anywhere else. Maybe a frequency thing for the tags on the meat??

Yup my shoes were from jd too
They have two of these things in the Tesco here. I find what with people milling around and generally getting in the way the quickest way to walk in and out of the store is to use the gap between them

It wasn't me your honour.
Haircut_10020/12/2019 20:16

Are you sure that it's your debit or credit cards that are triggering the …Are you sure that it's your debit or credit cards that are triggering the scanners? If that's the case then maybe try a cheap RFID blocking wallet or card holder? But I wouldn't be surprised though if it were some kind of old security tag somwhere else, such as in a bag or your coat pocket, that could be triggering them.

It's definitely debit/credit cards, isolated everything else. It's the magnetic strips,as that's what is on the some of products they sell.
Edited by: "pateo" 21st Dec 2019
Id just run out of the store to my car and grab my wallet /shopping list /phone. Give security a workout.
Sometimes if I see a tag / sticker that I can remove from a product in the shop without damaging it , I will take it off .

I then place it in someone's bag or put it on there coat for a laugh. You sure no ones done that to you ?
Fairys_Burn_Things21/12/2019 10:01

Sometimes if I see a tag / sticker that I can remove from a product in the …Sometimes if I see a tag / sticker that I can remove from a product in the shop without damaging it , I will take it off .I then place it in someone's bag or put it on there coat for a laugh. You sure no ones done that to you ?

It's my debit/credit cards
Pateo21/12/2019 10:03

It's my debit/credit cards

These go to eleven.
Mine does this in most Morrison's stores I visit. I suspect it may be one of my "metal" debit cards, or perhaps, they've altered the "senistivity" at around the same time as I got these cards, perhaps a combination of both.
I tend to walk fast, so by the time the alarm has gone off, and the security guard has reacted, I'm pretty much outside of the main building. Nothing to fear, nothing to hide - if they want to catch up to me in the car park, that's up to them. Hasn't happened yet.
Put them in foil and see if that stops it happening .
MynameisM21/12/2019 23:09

Put them in foil and see if that stops it happening .

Good idea but, why should I, I never had to until about 2 or 3 months ago. The stores should take responsibility and sort it out ASAP. It's causing unnecessary hold ups to droves of people plus it's unfair on the security guards giving them unnecessary check's. Next time I will have a close look at the actual scanners to see if they have information so I can contact the idiots who make or install them as the customer service for Morrisons will not give me contact information for the company
Ignore it, they have no legal right to stop or hinder you in any way even if their alarms go off, if you as most did nothing wrong tell them that and if not run as you would be doing anyway.
thomasleep22/12/2019 02:04

Ignore it, they have no legal right to stop or hinder you in any way even …Ignore it, they have no legal right to stop or hinder you in any way even if their alarms go off, if you as most did nothing wrong tell them that and if not run as you would be doing anyway.

No chance. I'm gonna persue this until they are forced to sort it out. I will embrass em on their social media etc. it's a pita
Pateo22/12/2019 01:00

Good idea but, why should I, I never had to until about 2 or 3 months ago. …Good idea but, why should I, I never had to until about 2 or 3 months ago. The stores should take responsibility and sort it out ASAP. It's causing unnecessary hold ups to droves of people plus it's unfair on the security guards giving them unnecessary check's. Next time I will have a close look at the actual scanners to see if they have information so I can contact the idiots who make or install them as the customer service for Morrisons will not give me contact information for the company

Too see if it fixes the problem. I didn't say it was your fault, then if that is the case explain too the security that the card is the issue and you won't be expecting them too drop and embrass you the next time you come in as they have had adequate time to fix there security system.
MynameisM22/12/2019 11:38

Too see if it fixes the problem. I didn't say it was your fault, then if … Too see if it fixes the problem. I didn't say it was your fault, then if that is the case explain too the security that the card is the issue and you won't be expecting them too drop and embrass you the next time you come in as they have had adequate time to fix there security system.

But they already know what triggers the scanner the contents of my wallet, as I've said from the beginning , I've isolated it down to that , but makes no difference, each time I go to same store another day I'm asked to explain myself and we have to go through same rigmarole looking at contents of my shopping , getting receipts out etc etc etc. One day even after I proved it was my wallet the security guard followed me around store, was standing by checkout when I was paying for my big weekly shop
Pateo22/12/2019 02:59

No chance. I'm gonna persue this until they are forced to sort it out. I …No chance. I'm gonna persue this until they are forced to sort it out. I will embrass em on their social media etc. it's a pita

Good luck
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants