Groups

Morrissey. Is he all there?

What's wrong with him? Why does he try and f..............ah, forget it. He's just abosutely and without question the worst and most irritating singer I have ever heard. Bar none.
    He's just popped up on Wossy and he's every bit as bad as I remember him being 20 years ago.

20 Comments

mod

deek, behave. The Smiths are possibly the best group to come out of the 80's

Original Poster

andywedge;4374817

deek, behave. The Smiths are possibly the best group to come out of the … deek, behave. The Smiths are possibly the best group to come out of the 80's

Don't andy.

Hate him and The Smiths, way overrated IMO

mod

deek72;4374828

Don't andy.

i like him

Original Poster

I think he truly is one of those love or loathe people. A classic example.

Banned

What are you on?

Smiths were one of the best bands like Andy says! stuff still sounds great

mod

deek72;4374828

Don't andy.

Seriously. It's perhaps an age thing. I'm just guessing...but I bet you're not as old as me and the music you do grow up with always brings back a certain "fondness". Christ. I keep hearing AHA on TV at present and I'm thinking "oooh, I like that track". Or perhaps I'm going prematurley senile.

The first song was rubbish!

But the smiths were excellent!

Original Poster

andywedge;4374893

Seriously. It's perhaps an age thing. I'm just guessing...but I bet … Seriously. It's perhaps an age thing. I'm just guessing...but I bet you're not as old as me and the music you do grow up with always brings back a certain "fondness". Christ. I keep hearing AHA on TV at present and I'm thinking "oooh, I like that track". Or perhaps I'm going prematurley senile.

Think you're wrong there. I'm [SIZE="1"]49[/SIZE] and just about the right age to like them I think. But it just wasn't my sort of music. I think basically it was just his unorthodox singing style that just used to gt my back up.

mod

starsparkle2311;4374925

[QUOTE=andywedge;4374893]Seriously. It's perhaps an age thing. I'm just … [QUOTE=andywedge;4374893]Seriously. It's perhaps an age thing. I'm just guessing...but I bet you're not as old as me and the music you do grow up with always brings back a certain "fondness". Christ. I keep hearing AHA on TV at present and I'm thinking "oooh, I like that track". [SIZE="5"]Or perhaps I'm going prematurley senile.[/QUO[/SIZE]TE]^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS

OMG am I going senile starsparkle?

mod

deek72;4374931

Think you're wrong there. I'm [SIZE="1"]49[/SIZE] and just about the … Think you're wrong there. I'm [SIZE="1"]49[/SIZE] and just about the right age to like them I think. But it just wasn't my sort of music. I think basically it was just his unorthodox singing style that just used to gt my back up.

OK. I was wrong. You're not too young.

You're too old:p:p

So, who do you like then deek?

Yep he is a bit mental but I LOVE his work, always have done and always will

Looking forward to getting Years of Refusal

Original Poster

andywedge;4374960

OK. I was wrong. You're not too young. You're too old:p:pSo, who do you … OK. I was wrong. You're not too young. You're too old:p:pSo, who do you like then deek?

No chart music of any era really. I like wishbone ash mostly. They have been my fave band for quite a long time. Mainly 70's early 80's. They still going but they're not the same now.

A legend, without the Smiths there would be even more carp in the charts.

mod

deek72;4375055

No chart music of any era really. I like wishbone ash mostly. They have … No chart music of any era really. I like wishbone ash mostly. They have been my fave band for quite a long time. Mainly 70's early 80's. They still going but they're not the same now.

Not heard enough Wishbone Ash to comment I'm afraid.
    Led Zep? Bolan? Bowie?
    I love Led Zep.
    I'm a bit younger than you (40) but most of my favourite music was made before I was born or around that time. I love 60's garage/psychedelia - and the really unheard/unknown(ish) stuff.
    Modern bands?? Love Muse. Loved the Last Shadow Puppets album. But I do stuggle to find anything post 1995 that I really like.

mod

starsparkle2311;4375098

[QUOTE=andywedge;4374946]Well you're posting on HUKD, that's a sign!!

Yup:thumbsup:
    Runs in the family senility too. My grandad thinks he's an ex Italian footballer who is on holiday in Wigan. And I kid you not. Only a matter of time .............

Original Poster

andywedge;4375118

Not heard enough Wishbone Ash to comment I'm afraid. Led Zep? Bolan? … Not heard enough Wishbone Ash to comment I'm afraid. Led Zep? Bolan? Bowie?I love Led Zep.I'm a bit younger than you (40) but most of my favourite music was made before I was born or around that time. I love 60's garage/psychedelia - and the really unheard/unknown(ish) stuff.Modern bands?? Love Muse. Loved the Last Shadow Puppets album. But I do stuggle to find anything post 1995 that I really like.

Yes, Muse. I quite like that Black Holes And Revelations album.Strangely enough, I first heard them on Wossy singing that supermassive black hole. Zep too of course, and the major Pink floyd stuff, DSOTM, echoes etc.
    But I would recommend you download and listen to Wishbone Ash's 'Argus' album. Every track is superb and I defy you to come back and say you dont like it!
    Oh, and not forgetting Camembert Elecrique by Gong. Now THAT is psychedelic!!! youtube.com/wat…-Nk

mod

deek72;4375181

Yes, Muse. I quite like that Black Holes And Revelations album.Strangely … Yes, Muse. I quite like that Black Holes And Revelations album.Strangely enough, I first heard them on Wossy singing that supermassive black hole. Zep too of course, and the major Pink floyd stuff, DSOTM, echoes etc.But I would recommend you download and listen to Wishbone Ash's 'Argus' album. Every track is superb and I defy you to come back and say you dont like it!Oh, and not forgetting Camembert Elecrique by Gong. Now THAT is psychedelic!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D9Ej-e4-Nk

Oh I know Gong alright.;-)

Will check out some WishB A when I get chance.

I prefer early Pink Floyd (Syd Barrett) but the post Sid stuff is still quality.

lol star u cant quote properly to save ur life..........u dissapoint me in more ways than one....and simon pegg......o and boris
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***418
      2. love affairs1649
      3. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1525
      4. Important info for Ryanair customers1825

See more discussions