Groups

Morrissey urges DVD boycott

THE MAN IS A LEGEND
    By WENN world entertainment news - Sunday, August 17 12:41 pmRocker Morrissey is urging his fans not to buy a new DVD of his live shows - insisting it has been released without his permission.

(Advertisement)
    Morrissey Live at The Hollywood Bowl features a 22-song set by the former The Smiths frontman at the legendary Los Angeles venue and will be released in October.

But Morrissey has hit out at bosses of distributor Warner Music Entertainment, accusing them of failing to consult him over the project and breaching a previous contract, according to NME.

The star has issued a statement condemning the firm's decision to release the footage.

It reads, "The slapdash release of Morrissey Live At The Hollywood Bowl is done by Warner without any consultation to me whatsoever, and is in breach of their terms as laid out by themselves in an agreement made for the film between Warner and my ex-manager.

"Being Warner, predictably the sleeve art is appalling. It is the work of cash-hounds, and I urge people NOT to buy it. I am not signed to Warner, and no royalties from this DVD will come to me. Please spend your money elsewhere."

4 Comments

I'll have to make sure I download it rather than pay for it then to keep Moz happy :giggle:

Is the concert recent? Or a old one? I'd love a good (few) Smiths live DVDs but not sure if many were video'd....

No worries there, I would rather extract my own teeth than listen to that muppet lol

no royalties from this DVD will come to me. Please spend your money … no royalties from this DVD will come to me. Please spend your money elsewhere

And this is why he's throwing his dummy out of his pram. :lol:

Morrissey does have a very gritty dummy...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      2. Apples new update610
      3. Any PS4 News Here29313799
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1841335

See more discussions