Groups

Mortgage

Hi Guys and Girls,
    Applied for mortgage on 21 Oct all be accepted on tracker shows waiting for paper work from solicitor to say when to exchange and release funds.

Seen a car to purchase was going to purchase it on credit card as have 0% was wondering if any more Credit checks will be done by NatWest as don't want another credit check done before release of funds and get declined due to purchasing car on credit card etc.

13 Comments

Banned

Obviously wait then. Also, some mortgages ask you declare any loans as it may impact on your ability to repay the mortgage.

If your buying a house hold off on any other big purchases until your settled in (at least a few months).
    As odds are youll want the cash for the house and be kicking yourself for not having the money
    Edited by: "joedastudd" 30th Nov 2016

as above, your priority should be the house

probably will do final checks....

If you already have the 0% card then go for it.

i would wait, mortgage is more important

Credit check is done to get the 'mortgage in principal'. As you can reserve mortgages for 6 months the mortgage provider will check credit file again at exchange/completion. Wait until the mortgage is done and you have your house. A car is not worth the loss of a house.

Original Poster

That's all needed to m know I will wait, was a van for work as my old one just packed up will rent one for couple weeks just in case

yes old chum rent one!!!!! if your passing pop in for a coffee.

Im glad your going to wait. Banks are really strict on lending now and Ive heard of a few people that after being accepted for the mortgage, have gone out and got a loan to furnish the house, then the bank have done another credit check. Mortgage offer withdrawn. Its just not worth it.

Original Poster

Gavin01

yes old chum rent one!!!!! if your passing pop in for a coffee.

Lol will do gavin never round that way no more always stuck in central London now, worst time for old van to pop its cogs

Original Poster

jude7219

Im glad your going to wait. Banks are really strict on lending now and … Im glad your going to wait. Banks are really strict on lending now and Ive heard of a few people that after being accepted for the mortgage, have gone out and got a loan to furnish the house, then the bank have done another credit check. Mortgage offer withdrawn. Its just not worth it.

Cheers Jude
    Managed to get one off Northgate for £40 quid week so that do me

Cheers for everyone's replies

I haven't met any home owner who said they didn't require any more spending on the house after they bought it and moved in. As others have said, wait for everything to settle down before committing your cash elsewhere.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. sky q is it a good deal?55
      2. Speccing a gaming pc37
      3. help: windows 10 wifi issue55
      4. Best IPTV Paid service?1721

See more discussions