mortgage payment - benefits for using certain banks?

Found 4th Jul
I bank with barclays, halifax and santander and will likely use only one once my deposit goes towards the new house. That "one" will be used to pay the mortgage. The mortgage isnt with any of these banks. Is there any benefit using one bank to pay the mortgage over another? I'm thinking Santander as theyve been the best with rewards etc so far but am not sure. Reaching out to you wise people for thouhts! Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
No benefit for any of them if the mortgage isn't with that bank, only santander offer a reward but you need to have a mortgage with them..

I pay my mortgage out of santander but that's only because it's where our salaries go into them.
thanks winifer. I thought as much but always good to make sure with this community
I wouldn't bank with Santander if you paid me, had dealings with them while helping out a friend, absolutely awful bank.

I pay my bills via HSBC but use Nationwide for salary and mortgage, it's easier to transfer money across my accounts with Nationwide.
Bigfootpete17 m ago

I wouldn't bank with Santander if you paid me, had dealings with them …I wouldn't bank with Santander if you paid me, had dealings with them while helping out a friend, absolutely awful bank.I pay my bills via HSBC but use Nationwide for salary and mortgage, it's easier to transfer money across my accounts with Nationwide.

Been using Santander for many years and had no problems at all. Other members of family use Santander too also with no problems. I guess it depends on the situation, I wouldn’t use Barclays, Halifax or Lloyd’s/TSB. The issues with Barclays are well reported, some years ago Halifax cancelled an overdraft for no reason and without informing me first so my money cleared the overdraft and it left me with no money, Lloyds/TSB Issues are well reported too.
so the last two posts are opposite ends for Santander lol
I’m for Santander too. Ideal for all household bills. Also worth keeping your deposit in that account while yo complete. Unless you have it in a higher interest account.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants