Groups

Mortgage payments.

I am currently watching Property Ladder on More4 and am intrigued as to how these people can stump up so much money buying a property and having the cash for rennovations.

Could any of you hazard a guess, using an average interest rate how much the monthly repayments would be on a mortgage for £100k and £200k.

11 Comments

got to be over 1000

my mortgage was for 96k and was £500 a month 3 years ago on a 2 year deal - now it's £600 a month for another year (ish)

edit - it's 98k not 96 I think.

It's my 1st year in the 1st house I've ever bought and the mortgage is just over £1,500 a month... (£225,000 mortgage)

aarrgghh....

Why do you think I look at this site so much, I'm skint and need all the deals I can get!!

So, keep em coming pls..

100k is around £550 these days on BTL.

Not trying to scare anyone but I can remember when a 44K mortgage cost £600 a month.

Banned

baconinabap;2909341

It's my 1st year in the 1st house I've ever bought and the mortgage is … It's my 1st year in the 1st house I've ever bought and the mortgage is just over £1,500 a month... (£225,000 mortgage)aarrgghh....Why do you think I look at this site so much, I'm skint and need all the deals I can get!!So, keep em coming pls..

Aarrghhhh! :w00t:

Bought my first house back in 1985 for 13k and the mortgage was £100 a month, and I thought that was expensive! Thankfully now, I don't have a mortgage. :-D

I could never afford 200k mortgage..would rather rent a council house first.

I have a bought council house..only £127 a month mortgage..ain't gonna complain. :

Banned

GerryG;2909420

I could never afford 200k mortgage..would rather rent a council house … I could never afford 200k mortgage..would rather rent a council house first.I have a bought council house..only £127 a month mortgage..ain't gonna complain. :

the latter is why the first doesnt happen to much now - lol

WoolyM;2909370

Not trying to scare anyone but I can remember when a 44K mortgage cost … Not trying to scare anyone but I can remember when a 44K mortgage cost £600 a month.

Oh, now that is scary!!!

I'm starting to struggle now and good old Darling and Brown aren't helping matters.

When these sort of property programmes were first aired I used to enjoy them as I felt they were aspirational (whatever that means). Now I sometimes get a bit peeved as there are so many of them. They seem to be encouraging people to take out ever increasing loans which will obviously drive some into debt or repossesion. It really rankles me when you get the presenter saying .. aah but if you knock this wall down and build this it will be worth... Just how many people really want to be full time builders. People are only drawn in as they believe they see an oportunity. With the current state of the housing market should they be renamed property scam programmes. Rant over now. Phew!

Not trying to scare anyone but I can remember when a 44K mortgage cost … Not trying to scare anyone but I can remember when a 44K mortgage cost £600 a month.

erm yes - that actually worries me quite a bit too!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27147
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4972452
      3. 41% of 40-60 year olds do not go for a brisk walk of >10 minutes A MONTH!811
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846350

See more discussions