Banned 30
Found 7th Aug 2012
i LOVE BASS i NEED BASS

my budget is max - £120-150 .

Thanks a lot guys

30 Comments

Original Poster Banned

Just looking at this : amazon.co.uk/Har…1-1

But they just looks horrible in my opinion but they are compared with Bose Companion 3 , and very similar . What do u think about Harman Cardon Soundsticks 3 ?

Buy something engineered to sound good, rather than look good. All engineering is just a matter of biasing one way or another, and you're just not going to get quality sounds out of something htat looks as silly as that.

Anyway, I think you should spend more money. £120-£150 isn't a trivial amount and it shows that you've definitely got the intention to get something better than the junk that gets posted over in Deals (omg, a 5.1 system for £20, it's got some 4 star reviews, this'll definitely sound really amazing, etc), but you need to spend more to get something really impressive. You want to feel your base, and hear its intimate details, and you're just not going to get that unless you shell out moar money. Personally, I'd suggest picking up a second-hand amp with a subwoofer output, and picking up a respectable sub and pair of stereo speakers separately. You could get proper hi-fi quality sound with all the bass your neighbours can handle for not that much more money.

Original Poster Banned

i just went in local Bose store today , and find that Bose Companion 3 just sound Amazing but i think its bit overpriced , so im looking something similar but for less

Original Poster Banned

dxx

Buy something engineered to sound good, rather than look good. All … Buy something engineered to sound good, rather than look good. All engineering is just a matter of biasing one way or another, and you're just not going to get quality sounds out of something htat looks as silly as that.Anyway, I think you should spend more money. £120-£150 isn't a trivial amount and it shows that you've definitely got the intention to get something better than the junk that gets posted over in Deals (omg, a 5.1 system for £20, it's got some 4 star reviews, this'll definitely sound really amazing, etc), but you need to spend more to get something really impressive. You want to feel your base, and hear its intimate details, and you're just not going to get that unless you shell out moar money. Personally, I'd suggest picking up a second-hand amp with a subwoofer output, and picking up a respectable sub and pair of stereo speakers separately. You could get proper hi-fi quality sound with all the bass your neighbours can handle for not that much more money.

Personally, I'd suggest picking up a second-hand amp with a subwoofer output, and picking up a respectable sub and pair of stereo speakers separately

Hmm , Sound . Good idea

Forget speakers for bass, you want a sub. You'd need large speakers generally for good bass and PC speakers are usually on the smaller side You want an amp, 2 bookshelfs and an ACTIVE sub.

Original Poster Banned

What do u think about this ? 89.99 by amazon amazon.co.uk/Her…_24

oskarito32

What do u think about this ? 89.99 by amazon … What do u think about this ? 89.99 by amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hercules-XPS-Multimedia-Speaker-System/dp/B004AE3DDI/ref=pd_ybh_24

Have you even took any of the above advice? Hercules is not top quality gear and 2 x 20.5W + 60W) is nothing to shout home about either 20watt rms from main speakers is poor and even with 60w RMS from sub that is still poo

If you really want to go with pc speakers at least stay with logitech or creative
Edited by: "EastLondon" 7th Aug 2012

Banned

spend a bit more get something decent, i have bowers wilkins mm1 speakers, unbelieveable sound although pricey theyre worth every cent .

focal xs

Aktimate mini
Edited by: "casparwhite" 7th Aug 2012

Banned

I've got the Harman Kardon Soundsticks 3 and the bass isn't bad, but unlike a lot of 2.1 systems they also produce a good mid-range too.

bose - you can get an old system for cheap , nice rich bass with a crisp sound! like sex to the ears
Edited by: "ben240894" 7th Aug 2012

Banned

Buy a used HiFi setup and get the speakers off the desk.

I have the Z623s, and my mum has the Soundsticks. I think the soundsticks are crisper, but base - not contest, the Z623s win hands down. They are, if anything, a bit too bassy.

No active speakers are going to compare with proper hifi gear - but they're more convenient, generally smaller, and of course cheaper. I like my Z623s for these reasons, and have no hesitation in recommending them. They would probably make an audiophile weep tears of bitter rage, but they sound fine to me

I have the older sound stick 2s and they are way to bassy some times. The sticks them self are very directional so need placed properly or you miss out.
Overall I really like them but they are about 7 years old now.

Original Poster Banned

Ok guys , many thanks for answers i just decide to get pairs of Hercules XPS 101 , i hope ill enjoy it

Original Poster Banned

oskarito32

Ok guys , many thanks for answers i just decide to get pairs of … Ok guys , many thanks for answers i just decide to get pairs of Hercules XPS 101 , i hope ill enjoy it

amazon.co.uk/Her…8-1

Original Poster Banned

slamdunkin

I've got the Harman Kardon Soundsticks 3 and the bass isn't bad, but … I've got the Harman Kardon Soundsticks 3 and the bass isn't bad, but unlike a lot of 2.1 systems they also produce a good mid-range too.

The reviews are ok for soundticks 3 , but i dont like them looks bit ugly to me .

Creative Gigaworks T3 2.1 Speakers - I have these which are pretty good. Look nice too. Think I paid £115 for them direct from creative.

Banned

oskarito32

Ok guys , many thanks for answers i just decide to get pairs of … Ok guys , many thanks for answers i just decide to get pairs of Hercules XPS 101 , i hope ill enjoy it

lol - so you got decent advice, ignored it and bought those crap speakers! oO

I assume you have a top notch soundcard too................................

Original Poster Banned

csiman

lol - so you got decent advice, ignored it and bought those crap … lol - so you got decent advice, ignored it and bought those crap speakers! oOI assume you have a top notch soundcard too................................

why crap ? just received them today , here is my quick review - youtube.com/wat…lcp

i love bass as well and i found that surprisingly my cheapy dell speakers are quite bassed.

i also bought a cheap pair of USB speakers and they are also surprisingly bassed.

Original Poster Banned

mutley1

i love bass as well and i found that surprisingly my cheapy dell speakers … i love bass as well and i found that surprisingly my cheapy dell speakers are quite bassed.i also bought a cheap pair of USB speakers and they are also surprisingly bassed.

Dell speakers ? do u have a link ?

Banned

oskarito32

why crap ? just received them today , here is my quick review - … why crap ? just received them today , here is my quick review - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94_uDodWXKE&feature=plcp

you even said it yourself in your review:-

"luck of bass "

I guess you'll be returning them as that was your most important requirement....

oskarito32

Dell speakers ? do u have a link ?

i have the old ones rev a00 speakers which i bought about 6 years ago.

i bought some saitek USB speakers a year ago and they are also bassed but i don't think they are as loud as the dell speakers.

they were a bargain as i paid 35p for them including delivery.

Original Poster Banned

csiman

you even said it yourself in your review:-"luck of bass "I guess … you even said it yourself in your review:-"luck of bass "I guess you'll be returning them as that was your most important requirement....

iTunes EQ - Bass Booster / Speaker EQ - MAX BASS , now we got more bass i guess ill keep it for now

Original Poster Banned

bass hell yeah

Banned

oskarito32

bass hell yeah

I pity your neighbours

Banned

what a waste of money, complete junk.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions