Found 21st Sep 2016
Hi guys, I need to get some new pillows but each time I think I'm getting decent ones I'm left disappointed. Not wanting something to firm or to soft or one that has a high rise as I got one and ended up with neck pain.... Any suggestions on good comfy pillows.

1. Ask
  2. Pillow
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Pillow
17 Comments

Any budget? How many do you need to buy?

For years we always used dunlopillo ones as they would last for years, bought one a couple of years ago and it wasn't the same. After buying a few mid priced ones tried a tempur on in John Lewis expensive but cost to number of years and the comfort well worth it. Hate having to change pillows, always found tried a couple and costs more in the long run so buy the best

Original Poster

hottoast

Any budget? How many do you need to buy?

Budget about £30 want 2 ideally

Original Poster

eslick

For years we always used dunlopillo ones as they would last for years, … For years we always used dunlopillo ones as they would last for years, bought one a couple of years ago and it wasn't the same. After buying a few mid priced ones tried a tempur on in John Lewis expensive but cost to number of years and the comfort well worth it. Hate having to change pillows, always found tried a couple and costs more in the long run so buy the best

I agree about hating changing pillows. For years I suffered from migraine and I would have a migraine at least weekly. I went to stay at my mums for a few days and she had bought some new pillows for my old room, after raving about a good nights sleep she sent me home with the pillow and voila no more migraines ever again since. It's been a year and half now I will not get rid of the pillow but it's seen better days. I asked my mum where she got it and she said at a market stall and she can't remember which stall or what the packaging said. I do need to get a new one but do not want to risk migraines again. My oh thinks I'm mad and thinks the pillow has nothing to do with the migraines going away.

Have a look in John Lewis, they have several ranges with varying degrees of firmness and different filling. They are all on display do you could compare easily.

I got memory foam ones from Costco about four years ago and they haven't lost their shape.

This fixed the neck problems I was constantly getting with other crappy pillows. They are contoured, so one side is higher than the other, the higher side works best for me. They were only £15 I think, the ones from Tempur are an eye watering £80.

They feel firm when you pick them up but feel soft enough when you rest your head on them.

I'm exactly like you struggling to find the right pillow ...seem so comfy in the shop but never seem the same to sleep on.
I bought a goose feather and downes pillow for £25 and felt great but the case was hard and crispy and I thought it was because it was new but it's still like that now a few months later lol.
my wife has a great pillow that her mum gave her called a Dunlopillo but she won't share and I'm too tight to pay £50/£70 for 1 pillow lol

msjames

I asked my mum where she got it and she said at a market stall and she … I asked my mum where she got it and she said at a market stall and she can't remember which stall or what the packaging said.

What does it feel like? Is it a solid mass of foam or lots of loose feathers? If it's somewhere in between then it's probably hollowfibre or microfibre.

You could cut it's covering off (or open slighly if it's filled with loose stuff) and post a picture of the insides, someone should be able to identify what it is.

Original Poster

EndlessWaves

What does it feel like? Is it a solid mass of foam or lots of loose … What does it feel like? Is it a solid mass of foam or lots of loose feathers? If it's somewhere in between then it's probably hollowfibre or microfibre.You could cut it's covering off (or open slighly if it's filled with loose stuff) and post a picture of the insides, someone should be able to identify what it is.

it feels like a very soft foam

Original Poster

stefromuk

I'm exactly like you struggling to find the right pillow ...seem so comfy … I'm exactly like you struggling to find the right pillow ...seem so comfy in the shop but never seem the same to sleep on.I bought a goose feather and downes pillow for £25 and felt great but the case was hard and crispy and I thought it was because it was new but it's still like that now a few months later lol.my wife has a great pillow that her mum gave her called a Dunlopillo but she won't share and I'm too tight to pay £50/£70 for 1 pillow lol

i know right, I've bought a few new ones ranging from £15 to £30 silent night etc but there just no good wake up with a stiff neck and feel like migraines may come back so revert back to the old one. home medics do a memory foam one for £15 but i don't no how good it would be

I buy down feather pillows as they are super soft

msjames

it feels like a very soft foam

Is it bouncy or wobbly? If so then it sounds like latex foam, if not it's probably memory foam.

Original Poster

EndlessWaves

Is it bouncy or wobbly? If so then it sounds like latex foam, if not it's … Is it bouncy or wobbly? If so then it sounds like latex foam, if not it's probably memory foam.

It's bouncy but losing its bounce now. But it was never stiff bouncy.. I've been looking into sealy ones as they do one for spinal allignment and a gel one

Original Poster

mutley1

I buy down feather pillows as they are super soft

See I don't no about feather ones as I need more support I feel it would just buckle
Edited by: "msjames" 22nd Sep 2016

I have the ones linked below - Bamboo Pillows, although bought during a home expo. Where around £25-£30 honestly can't remember as bought 3 years ago and then another once I seen them again 2 years ago. Can't find a link for the exact same one online except this American website.

miraclebamboopillow.com/opm…0b6
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 22nd Sep 2016

Original Poster

cecilmcroberts

I have the ones linked below - Bamboo Pillows, although bought during a … I have the ones linked below - Bamboo Pillows, although bought during a home expo. Where around £25-£30 honestly can't remember as bought 3 years ago and then another once I seen them again 2 years ago. Can't find a link for the exact same one online except this American website. https://www.miraclebamboopillow.com/opmbp/4.0000/index.dtm?oftsps=57654f7b-3a68-4e95-a86e-b2571b1cb0b6

Hi there they look good no to soft and not to firm
Is this the same thing
On eBay 252411705409

msjames

Hi there they look good no to soft and not to firm Is this the same thing … Hi there they look good no to soft and not to firm Is this the same thing On eBay 252411705409

I got into a mess myself before trying to look for them online and found the following from researching them a bit at the time.
Many other pillows have the keywords "Bamboo" but it is only the outer fabric and even then it can be a different mix (can't remember what the fabric content mixes are). The other key is the inside having shredded memory foam and then to confuse again a certain type of memory foam.
Seems to be one of those ones that they "fake" quite often. That is why I waited myself to finding the official stand again somewhere!
Think the only other make that seems to read the same is "Hotel Comfort" below first "random link" I came across.
Hotel Comfort - Amazon
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Computer upgrades89
    2. Invisalign dental braces in London22
    3. Whey protien629
    4. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...811

See more discussions