Most cushioned running trainers?

Found 23rd Aug 2017
Any runners out there able to point me in the right direction?

I've been running to work and back 3 times a week. It's a 10 mile round trip. I'm 6ft tall and 14.5 stone, and usually run somewhere between 7 and 8 minute miles.

I'm worried about my joints though so I'm after the most cushioned running trainers I can get to ease the wear n tear. Any suggestions?
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Gotta say moving at 7-8min\mile at 14.5 stone is impressive. Most cushioned isn't always the best approach but Scott\Hoka have very cushioned shoes but they are minimal drop. I'd get along to a running shop personally.

I know runners who wouldn't entertained 5miles twice a day, it's hard and unless you're familiar with it, it's asking for an injury.
saucony has very good cushioning. i am female so i don't know if this also apply to men's running shoes. i had asics and saucony and saucony was by far the better one for cushioning. both were cushioned running shoes.
Sketchers use memory foam, so if you can find a more cushioned shoe than that then go for it, although not sure if they have specifically designed running shoes.
darlodge19 h, 25 m ago

Gotta say moving at 7-8min\mile at 14.5 stone is impressive. Most …Gotta say moving at 7-8min\mile at 14.5 stone is impressive. Most cushioned isn't always the best approach but Scott\Hoka have very cushioned shoes but they are minimal drop. I'd get along to a running shop personally.I know runners who wouldn't entertained 5miles twice a day, it's hard and unless you're familiar with it, it's asking for an injury.

I was thinking about going to a running shop but I'm a bit worried about their impartiality or being pressured into buying something that could be mich cheaper elsewhere? Any experience with going to these places for advice?
aronandjim1 h, 36 m ago

I was thinking about going to a running shop but I'm a bit worried about …I was thinking about going to a running shop but I'm a bit worried about their impartiality or being pressured into buying something that could be mich cheaper elsewhere? Any experience with going to these places for advice?

i can confirm that they don't do this. i and my husband both buy running shoes and we have been to a few running shoe shops and they do not pressurise you into buying their shoes at all. they recommend the right type of shoes for you depending on your gait when you run and you don't have to buy their shoes even after you have tried and tested them
mutley150 m ago

i can confirm that they don't do this. i and my husband both buy running …i can confirm that they don't do this. i and my husband both buy running shoes and we have been to a few running shoe shops and they do not pressurise you into buying their shoes at all. they recommend the right type of shoes for you depending on your gait when you run and you don't have to buy their shoes even after you have tried and tested them

Thanks. You'v put my mind at ease!
aronandjim4 h, 49 m ago

I was thinking about going to a running shop but I'm a bit worried about …I was thinking about going to a running shop but I'm a bit worried about their impartiality or being pressured into buying something that could be mich cheaper elsewhere? Any experience with going to these places for advice?

Personally I think running shops do have a degree of sales associated to them but for the right reasons. Small shops have limited space so can't stock hundreds of models so pick the best shoes based on their experience and the environment around them. Down in the south east if you run off road we have a lot of slippery clay and flint so a shoe that works in the highlands or in the peak district wouldnt work as well dawn sarf!

Proper running shops aren't like Sports Direct who stock lots of shoes for cheap. You'll end up paying more at a running shop but it's the proper advice and experience you're paying the extra for. Sweatshop aren't bad but they'll try and sell you a custom insert for £45.

Look for independent stores in your area and just see what they have and you like the feel of, I've spent £120 on a pair of shoes before but have also spent as little as £60 from a running shop as the shoe I liked the best was actually on offer.

Keep an eye on your body, the weight is going to drop off at 10miles a day!
Edited by: "darlodge" 24th Aug 2017
aronandjim16 h, 53 m ago

Don't go to one, if you have the intention of trying to save a couple of quid on the internet, that is taking the ....
mutley116 h, 24 m ago

i can confirm that they don't do this. i and my husband both buy running …i can confirm that they don't do this. i and my husband both buy running shoes and we have been to a few running shoe shops and they do not pressurise you into buying their shoes at all. they recommend the right type of shoes for you depending on your gait when you run and you don't have to buy their shoes even after you have tried and tested them

Natterjacks running pressurise with a fee that's not all that clear for gait analysis that becomes free if you buy a pair of shoes.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions