Found 20th Mar 2009
need to upgrade my phone now on o2. im not going to use the phone i get as a upgrade so want to sell it to pay of most of my contract.

anyone know what the most expensive phone on o2 is currently?

24 Comments

Most expensive doesnt always mean that its the best

Original Poster

changed the title

Banned

Expensive to buy - or most money back on resale?

Probably best to look at the HTC, Blackberrys and iPhone.

Original Poster

does o2 offer the htc hd touch? i wana get the most on resale.

I don't think it matters what the best is. People will buy anything with a status regardless of features. Probably why the iPhone has been so popular lol. Just have a look on Ebay at what is getting the most attention and grab 1 on contract. Just be carefull as o2 don't do 12 month contracts any more so the cost might be more than you will get for the handset. I chose a XDA Ignito last time, 18 months 600 mins with unlimited texts for £20 per month. Also got a wap bolt on too included. Chose wisely!

Original Poster

i think im going to go for the iphone then. i will try and get a 16gb. been with o2 for more than 5 years and paying 35 a month so i shoudl be able to get that of them.

Banned

ALICOM007;4694911

does o2 offer the htc hd touch? i wana get the most on resale.

No. About time they did though!

Banned

ALICOM007;4694946

i think im going to go for the iphone then. i will try and get a 16gb. … i think im going to go for the iphone then. i will try and get a 16gb. been with o2 for more than 5 years and paying 35 a month so i shoudl be able to get that of them.

Only draw back with that suggestion. You will be tied up with a more expensive contract than you might otherwise have been. The example above - with an Ignito (HTC Diamond to everyone but O2!) is £15 cheaper pm than the equivalent iPhone contract. ie its gonna cost you £270 more over £18 months. You wont recoup that on a resale over and above the resale value of the Ignito!

Original Poster

just got of the phone now. i was offered a refurbished 16gb for free if i pay 45 a month:? or pay 57 for a new one or get a 8gb for free.

i was then offered a SE X1 for £30 a month if i pay £48 one of payment but i would get 1200 minutes unlimited web and texts. they said the offer was available for 7 days so i said il call back later.

anyone got any suggestions?

If you don't want the phone and just need it to pay for the sim contracts, really you want the cheapest. Are these 18 monthers?

Original Poster

ok i decided to go for a cheaper option and get the blackberry curve with 600 minutes and 1000 texts and unlimited web and a mobile broadband dongle for £20 a month. i think i might keep the blackberry though as i have saved a fair bit in the long term.

Banned

i think i got best deal ever, i just renewed my contract, didn't get any phone though, but all i will be paying £10 for all of 18 months contract, i mean not every month, total £10, i am getting 200 min, 400 texts and unlimited o2 to o2 , also free home broadband for 12 months, i can cancel after that.

has anybody got better then this deal recently????

Original Poster

007jamesbond2009;4695457

i think i got best deal ever, i just renewed my contract, didn't get any … i think i got best deal ever, i just renewed my contract, didn't get any phone though, but all i will be paying £10 for all of 18 months contract, i mean not every month, total £10, i am getting 200 min, 400 texts and unlimited o2 to o2 , also free home broadband for 12 months, i can cancel after that.has anybody got better then this deal recently????

wow nice deal. must be a cashback deal right?

Banned

[QUOTE=007j

has anybody got better then this deal recently????[/QUOTE]

Yes.

My 16GB iPhone contract for 18 months works out at £7.11 per month.:w00t:

Short story
16GB iPhone £57
Free 16GB iPod touch (which I will sell - hopefully for approx £175)
30% O2 open discount.
£120 credit to the account (Because they promised V2 ipod but sent V1)
£25 credit to account (For V2 accessories bought no longer usable)
Reduction of contract from 1200 to 600 mins after 9 months

Works at at just over £7pm for 18 months

Banned

what i did is i rang just before 30 days before the last 12th bill produced, and its £10 every month till 18 months thats £180 but they credited my account with £150 so its £30 , and also my 12th last bill from the existing contract which supposed to be £30 but it came as £10 so i made £20 on it, so it works out £10 for the whole entire contract. i hope other people will get this kind of deal

Banned

ALICOM007;4695481

wow nice deal. must be a cashback deal right?

Not really. Before I got the iPhone I was on a simplicity tariff. 600 mins, 1000 txt, unlimited web bolt on. Should have been £20pm - but with the O2 Open discount I get, it reduces it to £13

Banned

guv;4695582

Yes.My 16GB iPhone contract for 18 months works out at £7.11 per … Yes.My 16GB iPhone contract for 18 months works out at £7.11 per month.:w00t:Short story16GB iPhone £57Free 16GB iPod touch (which I will sell - hopefully for approx £175)30% O2 open discount.£120 credit to the account (Because they promised V2 ipod but sent V1)£25 credit to account (For V2 accessories bought no longer usable)Reduction of contract from 1200 to 600 mins after 9 monthsWorks at at just over £7pm for 18 months

18 * 7 = 126 but you got £175 worth ipod touch, so you made some profit then, your deal is better than mine isn't it?

Banned

can you tell me what's o2 open discount mean? how to get it?

007jamesbond2009;4695629

says this on o2 website "O2 Open can only be used by present employees of selected O2 corporate customers. O2 reserves the right to verify that those intending to use the scheme are employees of a company with a current corporate account."

Banned

007jamesbond2009;4695606

18 * 7 = 126 but you got £175 worth ipod touch, so you made some profit … 18 * 7 = 126 but you got £175 worth ipod touch, so you made some profit then, your deal is better than mine isn't it?

Its better yes, but it wasnt profit. Im saying I'll sell the iPod for £175 (hopefully) - Not only a free ipod - but £145 credit to the account.

Currently its £32pm (on the £45pm tariff) but will reduce to £24 (£35 contract)

now take away the £175 + £145 from the cost of £32 for 9 months and £24 for 9 months to reveal the cost

remember Ive still got an iPhone with this too!:w00t:

Banned

007jamesbond2009;4695629

The company I work for has a huge contract with O2.

O2 give us (as employees of a big customer) a 30% discount on all tariffs.

Original Poster

guv;4695582

Yes.My 16GB iPhone contract for 18 months works out at £7.11 per … Yes.My 16GB iPhone contract for 18 months works out at £7.11 per month.:w00t:Short story16GB iPhone £57Free 16GB iPod touch (which I will sell - hopefully for approx £175)30% O2 open discount.£120 credit to the account (Because they promised V2 ipod but sent V1)£25 credit to account (For V2 accessories bought no longer usable)Reduction of contract from 1200 to 600 mins after 9 monthsWorks at at just over £7pm for 18 months

nice deal:thumbsup:

Banned

guv;4695658

The company I work for has a huge contract with O2. O2 give us (as … The company I work for has a huge contract with O2. O2 give us (as employees of a big customer) a 30% discount on all tariffs.

well because of that you got that deal, otherwise for me it will be expensive, so i think i am better off on this. is that true?

Banned

007jamesbond2009;4695886

well because of that you got that deal, otherwise for me it will be … well because of that you got that deal, otherwise for me it will be expensive, so i think i am better off on this. is that true?

Mine was more than the discount though. Just a series of events that happened to my advantage - and I took full advantage!

They dont normally give £240 iPod touch free - or admit liability over a mis-selling to plonk £145 into an account.

Your deal is fine.... but you did ask if anyone had beaten it!:w00t:

Having said that - they DO give a 40% loyality discount - so the normal 600 minute contract with 1200 txt (now) and free web bolt on (or) unlimited O2 to O2 would work out at £12. And anyone could get that!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Google maps on Plusnet45
    2. Is this expensive?917
    3. £300 for a XZ1 Compact Worth Keeping or return56
    4. I posted a deal that has been removed612

See more discussions