Groups

Most I can get for a faulty Nokia N97?

Hi guys and girls, my nokia n97 broke a few weeks back and has been lying in a draw since. It turns on and everything but the touch screen is completely knackered. Nokia wont touch it and I dont want to pay to get it fixed because I dont really miss it. I could just do with some cash from it for my hols.

So does anyone know where will give me the most for it i.e CEX/Phone recycling sites etc?

Any help would be much appreciated and of course repped.

Thanks

Jim

11 Comments

what is wrong with it?

Original Poster

skusey;8800671

what is wrong with it?

touch screen doesnt work at all. no response. if i turn it off and on again or sometimes after a call it will work again for a few minutes then go unresponsive again. Its apparently a really common problem but Nokia wont touch it without proof of purchase which i dont have.

job to tell on CEX, personally I would list in on Ebay, faulty phones tend to raise a lot of interest for some reason.

Original Poster

skusey;8800758

job to tell on CEX, personally I would list in on Ebay, faulty phones … job to tell on CEX, personally I would list in on Ebay, faulty phones tend to raise a lot of interest for some reason.

yeah i gave up trying to guess what condition class it would come under on CEX. Might go for ebay if no luck elsewhere thanks. rep left

manchesterjim;8800699

touch screen doesnt work at all. no response. if i turn it off and on … touch screen doesnt work at all. no response. if i turn it off and on again or sometimes after a call it will work again for a few minutes then go unresponsive again. Its apparently a really common problem but Nokia wont touch it without proof of purchase which i dont have.

can a firmware update not fix it ?

Original Poster

dontasciime;8800809

can a firmware update not fix it ?

tried it matey no luck

manchesterjim;8800830

tried it matey no luck

There are a few faulty ones on Ebay at the mo, I would be gutted to lose so much dosh but at least you can recoup some.:?

Having searched on google Its deemed to be hardware problem which will need fixing by nokia . Get someone to knock you up a receipt.

Can't Nokia use the serial number to find out when it was purchased? Nokia offer 24 months warranty so if the model is younger than that they have no excuse to say no. Might be worth going to a Nokia shop and explaining, or if you paid by card then look through your old statements for proof of purchase.

Banned

sickly sweet;8801097

Can't Nokia use the serial number to find out when it was purchased? … Can't Nokia use the serial number to find out when it was purchased? Nokia offer 24 months warranty so if the model is younger than that they have no excuse to say no. Might be worth going to a Nokia shop and explaining, or if you paid by card then look through your old statements for proof of purchase.

perhaps its not "legit"

Ah!! Those early morning knocks at the door...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …255854
      2. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1024
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846320
      4. Are these two things distinctly different to you?33168

See more discussions