Most reliable TV brands

Found 12th Apr
Anyone have a sub and can tell me who Which? think are the most reliable brands of TV manufacturer? Had a Samsung, it was rubbish and broke just out of (extended) warranty and now an LG which has developed lightbleed and wifi issues just outside of the standard warranty
Thanks in advance...
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
ccnp25 m ago

Why not buy a copy of the report instead of unprincipled scrounging? Is …Why not buy a copy of the report instead of unprincipled scrounging? Is it OK for others to pay but you get it for free?

I think I asked for your help, not your opinion. I've helped others out before. If Which? didn't charge so much I'd even take up a subscription.
ccnp31 m ago

Why not buy a copy of the report instead of unprincipled scrounging? Is …Why not buy a copy of the report instead of unprincipled scrounging? Is it OK for others to pay but you get it for free?

This poster contributes to the site by posting deals so is entitled to a little favour
Edited by: "snoopy18" 12th Apr
ccnp11 m ago

So sorry. Didn't realise it's OK for you to scrounge and others to pay

...I'd block you and your criticisms, if your other contributions to the site weren't so valuable....oh wait they're completely useless - byeeee
21 Comments
deleted79467
which tend to go model by model not brand
Lg and Samsung are top scorers . One Panasonic somewhere in 15th place
Top 10 above around or above £1k
Why not buy a copy of the report instead of unprincipled scrounging? Is it OK for others to pay but you get it for free?
ccnp25 m ago

I think I asked for your help, not your opinion. I've helped others out before. If Which? didn't charge so much I'd even take up a subscription.
ccnp31 m ago

This poster contributes to the site by posting deals so is entitled to a little favour
Edited by: "snoopy18" 12th Apr
mattsk36 m ago

Lg and Samsung are top scorers . One Panasonic somewhere in 15th placeTop …Lg and Samsung are top scorers . One Panasonic somewhere in 15th placeTop 10 above around or above £1k

Thanks - that's rather dispiriting from my experience! Some sites seem to think Sharp are long lasting. Maybe I'll just have to stick to John Lewis/Richer Sounds from now on for the extended guarantee and just budget for the TV to last 5/6yrs...
Edited by: "jazzuk777" 12th Apr
I've had a few Samsung TVs over the past ten years and only had an issue with one - but that was 6/7 years old at that point so it's a decent enough lifespan in my opinion. I only ever but Televisions from either John Lewis or Richer Sounds - based on both their excellent customer service and also extended warranties.

I think you've just been unlucky as realistically any of the top four brands; Samsung, LG, Sony and Panasonic should be very long lasting.

Additionally, it also depends on what part went wrong as this could well be a part which Samsung buy in - for example I am of the impression (anybody feel free to correct me on this...) that only a few companies make the actual screens such as Sharp and LG and other companies (such as Samsung) use these parts in their own products.
Edited by: "ipswich78" 12th Apr
ipswich788 m ago

I've have a few Samsung TVs over the past ten years and only had an issue …I've have a few Samsung TVs over the past ten years and only had an issue with one - but that was 6/7 years old at that point so it's a decent enough lifespan in my opinion. I only ever but Televisions from either John Lewis or Richer Sounds - based on both their excellent customer service and also extended warranties.I think you've just been unlucky as realistically any of the top four brands; Samsung, LG, Sony and Panasonic should be very long lasting.Additionally, it also depends on what part went wrong as this could well be a part which Samsung buy in - for example I am of the impression (anybody feel free to correct me on this...) that only a few companies make the actual screens such as Sharp and LG and other companies (such as Samsung) use these parts in their own products.

My Samsung screen went in one section about 3 months after the extended warranty ran out, but when I got my LG I realised just how awfully muddy the sound was. I had genuinely thought my hearing was deteriorating as couldn't understand dialogue without the subtitles on! I've been gaslit by a TV lol
my 2 tv's are Panasonic and Samsung. both about 10 years old and still going strong.
jazzuk7771 h, 25 m ago

I think I asked for your help, not your opinion. I've helped others out …I think I asked for your help, not your opinion. I've helped others out before. If Which? didn't charge so much I'd even take up a subscription.

Sharp in Europe are a budget brand so I doubt they'd be particularly well built.
snoopy181 h, 21 m ago

This poster contributes to the site by posting deals so is entitled to a …This poster contributes to the site by posting deals so is entitled to a little favour

That makes it OK doesz it? Do you think Which agree with that?
ccnp3 m ago

Well you seem to scrounge help off this site without anything in return, so it must be OK. As I said, I didn't ask (and neither did anyone else) what you thought of my question, so keep it to yourself eh?
i have / had LG, Samsung, Hitachi, Sony, Toshiba and I would say my top vote is Samsung, then LG. For quality and durability.
My family have had LG for years and never had a problem.
ccnp11 m ago

...I'd block you and your criticisms, if your other contributions to the site weren't so valuable....oh wait they're completely useless - byeeee
jazzuk77713 m ago

...I'd block you and your criticisms, if your other contributions to the …...I'd block you and your criticisms, if your other contributions to the site weren't so valuable....oh wait they're completely useless - byeeee

One contribution is more than nothing... at least they’re not a user who joined just to complain on this thread.
We've got numerous brands in our abode ... a 12 year old Goodmans 42" Plasma, 6 month old Bauhn (Aldi) 49" LED, 3 year old 49" Finlux LED & a 12 month old 32" Sharp LCD ... We keep expecting the Plasma to pack up (I wish it would sometimes so I can get a more efficient LED one) but it keeps soldiering on ...

Ignore the negative guff, every site seems to have one ...
Edited by: "virgil47" 12th Apr
Can't go wrong with a Sony. Some really decent sets at good prices posted recently....
virgil471 h, 29 m ago

We've got numerous brands in our abode ... a 12 year old Goodmans 42" …We've got numerous brands in our abode ... a 12 year old Goodmans 42" Plasma, 6 month old Bauhn (Aldi) 49" LED, 3 year old 49" Finlux LED & a 12 month old 32" Sharp LCD ... We keep expecting the Plasma to pack up (I wish it would sometimes so I can get a more efficient LED one) but it keeps soldiering on ... Ignore the negative guff, every site seems to have one ...

It's alright, I'm planning to go round to his gaff and tell him what I think of his curtains since he didn't ask me...
My last LG TV was over 10 years old and it’s still working as it should and I now use it in my bedroom I only replaced it because I got a good deal on the new LG 43 inch set and it was a smart version with 4K for £300 after the cash back paid out.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions