Groups

Most Wanted / Top Children's Toys this Christmas?

Has the list for the predicted most popular / most wanted children's Christmas 2009 toys been released yet?

I have been trying to find it for a work colleague for the last couple of days but am having no luck!

44 Comments

Banned

me and me

GO GO HAMSTERS ......i got the whole set hamsters/run etc last week between toys r us and argos and the £10 hamsters are double on ebay and amazon.......am very tempted to list the ones i have for Santa(i wouldnt!!!!!!!!!!!!!)..there is a huge ad campaign for them coming out and argos toys r us are sold out of most now
    gogohamsters.org.uk/go-…php

i bet the new ds is on it!

Original Poster

kapows;6396238

me and me

What?

lorsmanic;6396265

GO GO HAMSTERS ......i got the whole set hamsters/run etc last week … GO GO HAMSTERS ......i got the whole set hamsters/run etc last week between toys r us and argos and the £10 hamsters are double on ebay and amazon.......am very tempted to list the ones i have for Santa(i wouldnt!!!!!!!!!!!!!)..there is a huge ad campaign for them coming out and argos toys r us are sold out of most now

Just had a look at them, took me a while to work out that it is for a toy hamster and not a real one! I have never seen or heard of them before but Play.com seem to have loads.

Butterflies;6396277

i bet the new ds is on it!

i don't alot prefer the lite.
    Never heard of those hamster things.
    Know someone who works in one of the high street shops, they're stocking aot of Ben 10 and Star wars lego for xmas as it's propular.

Original Poster

superskilly;6396302

i don't alot prefer the lite. Never heard of those hamster things.Know … i don't alot prefer the lite. Never heard of those hamster things.Know someone who works in one of the high street shops, they're stocking aot of Ben 10 and Star wars lego for xmas as it's propular.

I have heard that Toy Story stuff is going to be popular with the Toy Story 1 & 2 movies being made into 3D and Toy Story 3 is out next year.

Playstation 3

kimbyanne;6396328

I have heard that Toy Story stuff is going to be popular with the Toy … I have heard that Toy Story stuff is going to be popular with the Toy Story 1 & 2 movies being made into 3D and Toy Story 3 is out next year.

yeah i think that too, my little boy loves toy story, has stuff i have picked up from when it was originally out. Can't wait until they come out so i can take my boys to see the 3d films.

kimbyanne;6396299

What?Just had a look at them, took me a while to work out that it is for … What?Just had a look at them, took me a while to work out that it is for a toy hamster and not a real one! I have never seen or heard of them before but Play.com seem to have loads.

they have loads but most are on a 3 week wait for delivery....if anyone sees any buy them and bung on ebay or amazon the price is going up daily on them!

Original Poster

superskilly;6396350

yeah i think that too, my little boy loves toy story, has stuff i have … yeah i think that too, my little boy loves toy story, has stuff i have picked up from when it was originally out. Can't wait until they come out so i can take my boys to see the 3d films.

I saw the trailer for Toy Story 3D the other week and it looks brilliant - I am definitely seeing it!

I was in Tesco earlier and they have loads of Toy Story stuff in at the moment.

hannah montana, must be up near the top.

snarff;6396374

hannah montana, must be up near the top.

not for my boys :w00t:

Original Poster

lorsmanic;6396357

they have loads but most are on a 3 week wait for delivery....if anyone … they have loads but most are on a 3 week wait for delivery....if anyone sees any buy them and bung on ebay or amazon the price is going up daily on them!

I have just watched a video on Play.com, I didn't realise they moved - I thought it was like a toy hamster with some weird add on play sets!

kimbyanne;6396404

I have just watched a video on Play.com, I didn't realise they moved - I … I have just watched a video on Play.com, I didn't realise they moved - I thought it was like a toy hamster with some weird add on play sets!

i didnt particually think they looked very good. HOWEVER as soon as they say theyre this years MUST HAVE then they'll start flying out..:roll:

kimbyanne;6396404

I have just watched a video on Play.com, I didn't realise they moved - I … I have just watched a video on Play.com, I didn't realise they moved - I thought it was like a toy hamster with some weird add on play sets!

they are interactive ...they all have their own personalitys...i watched some reviews on youtube and they are pretty cool...now go compare price on ebay. x

Original Poster

superskilly;6396418

i didnt particually think they looked very good. HOWEVER as soon as they … i didnt particually think they looked very good. HOWEVER as soon as they say theyre this years MUST HAVE then they'll start flying out..:roll:

Same here, they seem a bit weird and are definitely a fad but like you say, if they are must haves then everyone will want them.

Original Poster

lorsmanic;6396433

they are interactive ...they all have their own personalitys...i watched … they are interactive ...they all have their own personalitys...i watched some reviews on youtube and they are pretty cool...now go compare price on ebay. x

Actually, I bet my cats would love these! Lol!

kimbyanne;6396475

Actually, I bet my cats would love these! Lol!

I was just thinking the same, especially the one in the hamster ball.

BTW love you Avi, is it one of your cats? I have been looking for a Scottish Fold but they seem very hard to get hold of.

Toy story toys

Original Poster

lorsmanic;6396433

they are interactive ...they all have their own personalitys...i watched … they are interactive ...they all have their own personalitys...i watched some reviews on youtube and they are pretty cool...now go compare price on ebay. x

Dam you, now I really want a Go Go Hamster - why I don't know......

I have just reserved four at my local Argos - I want one of each colour (for my cats, honest) but Argos don't state which colour you get - boo!

the peppa pig princess stuff will prob be big too as theres a new dvd out next month with new episodes on based on all the new toys.

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;6397704

Well, after many a year of buying everything my kids ask and want for, … Well, after many a year of buying everything my kids ask and want for, and seeing them totally ignore half the presents they get, this year, I am money saving and they will get what they are given:thumbsup:They're gonna get one main present and the rest will be stocking filler crap.It's one day guys and gals!!!!! Get a grip, if you can afford to waste your money buying lavish gifts, go for it, if you can't please don't.Kids don't care, seriously!!!It's one day!!!Have a nice meal together, pig out on chocolate and watch Dr Who, that's Xmas:thumbsup:

I have to completely agree with you (except the bit about Dr Who!)

waybuloo toys i think will be on there, luckily i managed to get the talking ones for my LO birthday on Monday before they sold out in tesco.

ooh and of course the ps3

waybuloo toys i think will be on there, luckily i managed to get the talking ones for my LO birthday on Monday before they sold out in tesco.

ooh and of course the ps3

Original Poster

Ella'sMummy;6397824

waybuloo toys i think will be on there, luckily i managed to get the … waybuloo toys i think will be on there, luckily i managed to get the talking ones for my LO birthday on Monday before they sold out in tesco.ooh and of course the ps3

What are they, monkeys or something? Rather cute though.

I am learning so much about kiddies toys today!

Mighty Muggs

+

Playstation 3

never heard of gogo hamsters before :? llok quite good for young children though :thumbsup:

Came on this thread to post about the GoGo Hamsters but been beaten to it.

I think these really are gonna be THE toy for the kids this crimbo.

Gonna get my gf's little girl them as i showed her them about a month ago n she hasn't stopped goin on bout them.
    I only found them cos i goggled toy hamsters as my son wants a REAL one.
    Who needs a real one when uve got go go hamsters that dont make a noise in the middle of the night or stink the whole place out lol.
    Stock up while u can

Well i am so fed up of my son playing on consoles, pcs etc that this year i am not buying anything to encourage it.

Ive have opted to buy him a traditional christmas present which will encourage him to play in the Great OUTDOORS!! Yes a BIKE!! good old fashioned bike.( a nice one with glow rims etc)

Nothing like the laptop he hopes santa is getting him!!

pcnutta;6401480

Well i am so fed up of my son playing on consoles, pcs etc that this year … Well i am so fed up of my son playing on consoles, pcs etc that this year i am not buying anything to encourage it.Ive have opted to buy him a traditional christmas present which will encourage him to play in the Great OUTDOORS!! Yes a BIKE!! good old fashioned bike.( a nice one with glow rims etc)Nothing like the laptop he hopes santa is getting him!!

Utoh lol

My girls want laptops so used the carphone warehouse deal xx

They had bikes already.. got used maybe 5 times each... then they just cluttered up the shed xx

The bikes, not the girls obviously :w00t:

ClarityofMind;6401506

Utoh lolMy girls want laptops so used the carphone warehouse deal xxThey … Utoh lolMy girls want laptops so used the carphone warehouse deal xxThey had bikes already.. got used maybe 5 times each... then they just cluttered up the shed xxThe bikes, not the girls obviously :w00t:

i predict a sad face xmas morning! LOLL

( i bet i will end up getting him a laptop!!, my intentions are good though and im going to try and stick to my guns..... ohh i feel such a bad mummy ! lol)

Stick to your guns hun.
    Much better for him to be in the fresh air rather than sat in front of a laptop doing his eyes in

havin said that, my son wants a laptop .... although he turned 17 on Wednesday so his attention has now turned to a car!!!!
    God help me :whistling:

pcnutta;6401528

i predict a sad face xmas morning! LOLL( i bet i will end up getting him … i predict a sad face xmas morning! LOLL( i bet i will end up getting him a laptop!!, my intentions are good though and im going to try and stick to my guns..... ohh i feel such a bad mummy ! lol)

Aww don't feel bad hun...

Remember when we were kids though, we got home from school just to dump stuff, grab food and to run outside to play.. My bike was part of my social life... lol

So different for kids now, they plug in and tune out and that's where their head is.

I reckon one more generation and babies will be born with an a/c connection straight into their cerebral cortex ;-)

magough;6401573

Stick to your guns hun.Much better for him to be in the fresh air rather … Stick to your guns hun.Much better for him to be in the fresh air rather than sat in front of a laptop doing his eyes in :)havin said that, my son wants a laptop .... although he turned 17 on Wednesday so his attention has now turned to a car!!!!God help me :whistling:

lmao!

Betcha help him too.

My deal to my son was If i buy the car he has to cover the insurance...

You shoulda seen his face when he figured out how much the insurance would cost for the car he wanted :w00t:

ClarityofMind;6401619

lmao!Betcha help him too. My deal to my son was If i buy the car he has … lmao!Betcha help him too. My deal to my son was If i buy the car he has to cover the insurance... You shoulda seen his face when he figured out how much the insurance would cost for the car he wanted :w00t:

LOL, good on ya

Unfortunately mine's wised up to the cost of insurance.
    His latest "brainwave" was that i could get the car (which he hasn't bought ... infact not even had a lesson yet) insured in MY name and have him as a named driver :w00t:

The old ones are the best aren't they lol ;-)

[QUOTE=ClarityofMind;6401619]lmao!

Betcha help him too. QUOTE]

Well im in 2 minds really.
    I've told him (numerous times according to him lol), that when i was at school/college, i was working 3 nights a week in Safeways and all day saturday.
    This meant that i could pay for ALL my driving lessons, test, car AND insurance myself. Something which i am still quite proud of now ... especially when i can quote that to him when he starts asking for lessons and cars lol.

Ive said to him, i'm not gonna help him (and he shouldn't even think about it), until he gets a JOB.

To be fair, he's doing a national diploma in football at college and footy does take up a lot of his time, traing and playing for his team) but his "full time" course consists of 15 hours a week so my argument is that leaves him plenty of time to get a job and work

magough;6401658

LOL, good on yaUnfortunately mine's wised up to the cost of insurance.His … LOL, good on yaUnfortunately mine's wised up to the cost of insurance.His latest "brainwave" was that i could get the car (which he hasn't bough ... infact not even had a lesson yet) insured in MY name and have him as a named driverThe old ones are the best aren't they lol

lol, Bless him.

it's so much fun watching them figure these things out isnt it

As parents of teens we have to take our enjoyment where we can get it ;-)

I used the "get a job first" line too... besides i figured the longer i kept him off the road the safer he'd be, just being that liddle bit older and more patient.... To be fair he did get the job and then paid for all his own lessons, I figured he'd want a car for his birthday in August but he wanted a list of stuff from ebuyer so he got all that instead

Wicked parent I am lol

ClarityofMind;6401691

lol, Bless him.it's so much fun watching them figure these things out … lol, Bless him.it's so much fun watching them figure these things out isnt it As parents of teens we have to take our enjoyment where we can get it ;-)

Absolutely.
    There's a LOT of hard times so we must make the most of the good lol

Lolll my daughter will be 17 after christmas, shes not even mentioned lessons YET!! and when she does i will say,good idea, now all you need to pay for them is a job!! lol

pcnutta;6401717

Lolll my daughter will be 17 after christmas, shes not even mentioned … Lolll my daughter will be 17 after christmas, shes not even mentioned lessons YET!! and when she does i will say,good idea, now all you need to pay for them is a job!! lol

oh you got all this rapidly approaching you hun when she realises she's old enough to learn now lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. A Nigerian prince and bit coins scam67
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764134
      3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2747
      4. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2452

See more discussions