MOT

Found 4th Apr
Does anyone know where best to go for an MOT? My local are charging £40. There's a groupon with ATS for £20 but they dont do MOT's on Saturday at my local. I am near Kingston. Thanks
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
Top comments
I generally think that if someone is offering a cheap MOT then they’re going to pick up the money somewhere else.
26 Comments
I generally think that if someone is offering a cheap MOT then they’re going to pick up the money somewhere else.
£40 sounds about right (it what I pay for an independent). The reason chains will charge less is the expectation of finding faults they can charge you to repair. If you have used your local before or know they are trustworthy, go with them.
There is an MSE article about MOT's - if you can find a council centre they have no incentive to find spurious faults.
Cakeboy7939 m ago

I generally think that if someone is offering a cheap MOT then they’re g …I generally think that if someone is offering a cheap MOT then they’re going to pick up the money somewhere else.

i have fallen for this before where you are offered free MOT but then they find non existent faults that fails the MOT, hoping that you will instruct them to fix the car for you.
We have Concorde in the midlands. £20. They did a 17 year old Mazda Demio for me and found an advisory on one tyre (and they were correct)

I won't disagree that there is an incentive but I have had more trouble from Volvo dealers locally who clearly think they have a right to my cash.
Original Poster
so can anyone recommend one to with near kingston ?
There are 21 Kingstons in the UK.
Original Poster
Kingston upton Thames
You're welcome.
Go to your local Council one. They have no alteria motive to find fault.
Original Poster
artnada7 m ago

Go to your local Council one. They have no alteria motive to find fault.

tried that but nearest one is v far away
I use HiQ, no idea if any local to you but mine in Woodbridge Suffolk is good and they have a pragmatic view to small issues. Never been pressured into a fix for anything.

hiqonline.co.uk/hiq…689
Cyrus20 m ago

tried that but nearest one is v far away

Hounslow is 'v far away'? Merton? Wandsworth?
Original Poster
@ceres - can you please not reply to this thread? You haven't helped with anything but want a thank you. Nothing you have said has been of value whilst others are actually making a difference. Thank you and Regards.
I've asked you to clarify where you are which is helping you to get appropriate answers. I've offered 3 possible council stations very close to your location. That's more help than anyone else in this thread. And yes, where someone helps you, a thanks is good manners.
Ar460rn4 h, 3 m ago

£40 sounds about right (it what I pay for an independent). The reason …£40 sounds about right (it what I pay for an independent). The reason chains will charge less is the expectation of finding faults they can charge you to repair. If you have used your local before or know they are trustworthy, go with them. There is an MSE article about MOT's - if you can find a council centre they have no incentive to find spurious faults.

+1 I have just MOT'd using Coventry City Council (£40). The car is 4 years old, they found a fault on headline alignment and it failed MOT.. without asking me, they immediately fixed the fault, re-Mot'd (it passed) and didn't charge me a penny extra. I dread to think of the cost if I had taken the car to Kwik Scam or Halfrauds.
Edited by: "Splodger101" 4th Apr
Original Poster
ceres1 h, 36 m ago

I've asked you to clarify where you are which is helping you to get …I've asked you to clarify where you are which is helping you to get appropriate answers. I've offered 3 possible council stations very close to your location. That's more help than anyone else in this thread. And yes, where someone helps you, a thanks is good manners.

If it's a thanks you are fishing , jump onto another thread.
I dont have time for your sacastic and unhelpful comments. You can think what you like, everyone else is helping way more than you have. Googling the nearest council stations is hardly rocket science. They're not even that close, i.e. there are 10's if not 100's of service stations on the way to those places. Just to be clear, no thanks.
Cyrus19 m ago

If it's a thanks you are fishing , jump onto another thread.I dont have …If it's a thanks you are fishing , jump onto another thread.I dont have time for your sacastic and unhelpful comments. You can think what you like, everyone else is helping way more than you have. Googling the nearest council stations is hardly rocket science. They're not even that close, i.e. there are 10's if not 100's of service stations on the way to those places. Just to be clear, no thanks.

How rude!
Cyrus45 m ago

If it's a thanks you are fishing , jump onto another thread.I dont have …If it's a thanks you are fishing , jump onto another thread.I dont have time for your sacastic and unhelpful comments. You can think what you like, everyone else is helping way more than you have. Googling the nearest council stations is hardly rocket science. They're not even that close, i.e. there are 10's if not 100's of service stations on the way to those places. Just to be clear, no thanks.

Going by your previous comments/threads I'd avoid suggesting googling something is easy..
I had mine last week at quick fit, it was only £25 and passed with no advisories. I think they had different prices for peak times though
Original Poster
farmlama11 m ago

I had mine last week at quick fit, it was only £25 and passed with no …I had mine last week at quick fit, it was only £25 and passed with no advisories. I think they had different prices for peak times though

Many thanks
Original Poster
andynicol37 m ago

Going by your previous comments/threads I'd avoid suggesting googling …Going by your previous comments/threads I'd avoid suggesting googling something is easy..

I never said googling something. You need to read this thread properly before you start digging at history #InternetPolice
Kwik fit online, you can book any day you like but prices vary. If you go for a late in the day or early they are usually cheaper
Cyrus1 h, 3 m ago

I never said googling something. You need to read this thread properly …I never said googling something. You need to read this thread properly before you start digging at history #InternetPolice

Au contraire, what you said ; 'Googling the nearest council stations is hardly rocket science'.

Over to you.
Original Poster
andynicol3 m ago

Au contraire, what you said ; 'Googling the nearest council stations is …Au contraire, what you said ; 'Googling the nearest council stations is hardly rocket science'.Over to you.

what?
Au get-a-life - spend more time with your family, work out a little, etc. Trolling online is sad.
Cyrus31 m ago

what? Au get-a-life - spend more time with your family, work out a little, …what? Au get-a-life - spend more time with your family, work out a little, etc. Trolling online is sad.

Trolling?

Hardly.

I've made 2 comments, one to advise you that, as your history on here suggests that you struggle to utilise Google, you should avoid inferring that googling something is easy, which your 'hardly rocket science' comment clearly suggested.

Second comment was to correct you in that you've forgotten you've even mentioned googling something.

Do keep up.
Edited by: "andynicol" 4th Apr
Cyrus6 h, 15 m ago

Having lived in the Kingston Upon Thames area for more than 25 years, I don't have to google anything.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants