Groups

MOT certificate reprint for free

Does anyone know how to obtain a reprint of a MOT certificate without paying the garage £10 reprint fee? Seems excessive for printing one sheet of A4 paper. Thanks

17 Comments

don't know how to get one free, why do you need a printed copy?

A pass uses up an mot slot which we pay which is why you pay for a fail doesnt cost anything for us to print.

Original Poster

I'm trading in my car to a main dealer and I need the MOT to handover to them.

However if they insist then the £10 is the standard fee gov.uk/rep…ate

Original Poster

danielbentham

You dont need to reprint they can check it online here are the two … You dont need to reprint they can check it online here are the two useful sites https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-status and https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history

​Thank you. I might call them. If they insist on a copy then I'll pop into the garage.

£10 is the fee so unless you've a mate in a garage who will do it for a pint cough up

Saenor

​Thank you. I might call them. If they insist on a copy then I'll pop i … ​Thank you. I might call them. If they insist on a copy then I'll pop into the garage.

there is no such thing now as a printed copy, and a trader should know this.

Original Poster

eslick

there is no such thing now as a printed copy, and a trader should know … there is no such thing now as a printed copy, and a trader should know this.

​You're probably right. He just wanted me to bring all the documents etc in and mentioned the MOT as one. Crazy thing is.. I can find all the previous ones except last year's. Thank you.

Original Poster

dafunq

£10 is the fee so unless you've a mate in a garage who will do it for a … £10 is the fee so unless you've a mate in a garage who will do it for a pint cough up

Unfortunately don't know any mates in garages..

Saenor

​You're probably right. He just wanted me to bring all the documents etc i … ​You're probably right. He just wanted me to bring all the documents etc in and mentioned the MOT as one. Crazy thing is.. I can find all the previous ones except last year's. Thank you.

​just print it off online if he doesn't accept and is being stubborn over a 10 pound certificate forget selling it too him

eslick

there is no such thing now as a printed copy, and a trader should know … there is no such thing now as a printed copy, and a trader should know this.

You get a printed copy when you pick the car up either a pass or fail. It can be checked online easily enoigh but you should still be keeping your printed copy

Saenor

​You're probably right. He just wanted me to bring all the documents etc i … ​You're probably right. He just wanted me to bring all the documents etc in and mentioned the MOT as one. Crazy thing is.. I can find all the previous ones except last year's. Thank you.

​maybe just force of habit on his behalf, same as some people ask for paper counterpart of licence for ID purposes.

Surely you have a mate whos got a a mate who works in a garage? I don't know why there bothered as mentioned its all online.
    Mercedes don't even give you service books now its all online, I thought they bumped me when I got mine serviced lol

Original Poster

Just wanted to say thank you everyone for your posts. I like the comment about a mate who has a mate..

123batman321

You get a printed copy when you pick the car up either a pass or fail. It … You get a printed copy when you pick the car up either a pass or fail. It can be checked online easily enoigh but you should still be keeping your printed copy

yes but that's no longer a certificate

eslick

yes but that's no longer a certificate

It is a certificate you still need to keep it. Its got the exact same info as before. Test number expiry mileage reg etc. If you go to the post office to do your road tax you need your mot certificate. Most people do tax online now tho
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions