Groups

MOT In St Albans

Hi all,

Does anyone know where the best place (or any good places really!) to take the car for the MOT in St Albans?

I'm new to the area

Thanks!

David

5 Comments

Hi .....I always use a council mot testing place as they dont do repairs and therefore are not biased in what needs to be repaired......there is a list on here

moneysavingexpert.com/tra…mot

Hope this helps

Hi David, I just moved out of the area, but my OH got an MOT at the garage right at the bottom of town and was very happy with the service. If you are standing in front of Domino's look to the right and follow the road down to the esso garage, turn left and on the corner there is the place. They were pretty cheap but didn't BS her either.

Hope this helps

John

Mot Stop in Watford (address below) have always been good. As above, they soley do MOTS and not repairs so are unbiased. A few years ago mine failed, and i had a week to get the repairs done and then take it back and get it re-tested for £5 rather than the cost of another MOT. Cant complain and its only 5/6 miles from St Albans town centre!

Unit 8 Finway Court Whippendell Road
    Watford Hertfordshire WD18 7EN
    Tel: 01923 243277

Also, above, I think JJHarvey is talking about STS Stapletons on London Road, St Albans - Also very good in there, plus offer 10% off if you have a loyalty card!!. Regards

Original Poster

Hey all - thanks for your messages I actually ended up taking it to one near my girlfriend's old house - a very good garage in Leagrave.

Thank you all!!!

David
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk22
      2. Win a Karcher Xpert Pressure Washer88
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains98
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon33

See more discussions